User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: The "million dollar" or "perfect" family

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have a son and a daughter. We didn't plan it that way, it just happened. I am really sick and tired of people saying that we have the "perfect" or "million dollar" family. Yes, it is nice to have one of each, but it would also have been nice if DS had a brother. My family is perfect because I have two beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful husband, not because of the gender of my offspring. It implies that my family would have been less than perfect if DD had been a boy, or that anyone else out there who doesn't have a girl and a boy doesn't have a "perfect" family (I'm pretty sure they think they do). I know they just mean well, and it's supposed to be a compliment that I have one of each, but when you really look at it, it is pretty offensive to those who don't.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I totally agree!

We also have a DD (3) and DS (1) and if we ever even mention thinking about having another one, people make stupid faces and say things like "why, you already have the perfect famiy?". It's annoying. I think most people mean well, but it's rude and none of their business.

We're very blessed to have 2 wonderful kids and I'm thankful for that regardless of their sex.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giddymonkey View Post
    My family is perfect because I have two beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful husband, not because of the gender of my offspring.

I agree.

I know they just mean well, and it's supposed to be a compliment that I have one of each, but when you really look at it, it is pretty offensive to those who don't.

So true.
    Giddymonkey, you are so right. Some families have children and some don't. And some families have fur babies too-- that's their children. It's always amazing how people feel free to comment on other people's families without considering the hurt they may be inflicting.

Great rant.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It too have that "million dollar" family. One son, one daughter. When I get those remarks (not so much anymore as my "babies" are 21 and 18), I would just reply.....yup, that's what is going to cost to raise them!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I was blessed with 3 beautiful daughters, now grown and very successful young women. When they were little we were constantly asked if we had a third child because we tried for a boy??? What??? No..., we are very happy with our 3 daughters, would have been also very happy with 3 sons..., it really never ever mattered to us.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

"Perfect" is SO in the eye of the beholder - and it's so personal to each family.

We had to go through this a bit, because we have one son. Had to endure all the questions when the next one was coming, wouldn't we like a girl as well, don't we know how 'apparently' awful it is to have an only child, etc. etc. GAH!

Well, duh - you don't know our circumstances, that we hoped for a half-dozen, but sometimes things just don't work out that way! No way I'm going to go into all our circumstances with anyone - it's private!

We are totally blessed and very fortunate to have the amazing child we do have - he was one of those 'miracle' babies for us!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have one boy, I'm very happy with having him. We wanted another boy, so he would have a brother. But it's not medically possible for us to have another child. I'm sick of always being told, you need to have another one. We wanted more it's just not in our cards, and i hate being reminded of that all the time. Sometimes these comment's really hurt DH and me, but we always say "your right" b/c we don't want to talk about how we wanted more, went to doctor's, had surgeries. etc, but still can't have another. These comment's should be kept to yourself.

My sister was once told she had the perfect family. B/c she has one boy and one girl. She got so mad, and told the truth. She went on to say how lucky she was to have her son's twin brother die, just so that she could have one of each b/c 2 boys and a girl would be wrong. (this was shortly after she started talking to a professional about her problems) Honestly, i think it helped, b/c she never talked about him before this. But still these comment's shouldn't be said b/c you never know the circumstances behind it.
    Last edited by jayne_a; Sat, Aug 11th, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Natalka, DaveP, Nomerr and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i wanted 2 boys and a girl. i had a very difficult first pregnancy and we decided that it would just be the one since it was so bad. (at times i honestly felt like i was going to die.) I was sick the whole pregnancy and would have a sip of water and throw up a lot of bile nothing would stay down at all. despite that i had gestational diabetes... despite all that i eventually decided i had to try for another and hope for a better pregnancy in some ways it was better in some ways worse. i developed gestational diabetes earlier and i was still sick the whole pregnancy but not as sick (at least i was able to keep food and liquid down but i had to be on a double dose of diclectin the same medication i was on before.) i was exhausted all the time and knew there was no way we could try for a 3rd. I ended up getting my tubes tied when i had ds#2.

When we decided it would just be the 2 kids i decided i would be happy with whatever we had but i was really hoping for a boy. I was soooo happy when i found out i was having another boy.

imo i have the perfect family. i really wanted to have 2 boys no matter how many kids we had. I also wanted to finish having kids before i was 27... and I had ds#2 the day before my 27th birthday.
    filza, ssbean, angel_2011 and 1 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I used to get that, but I fixed it by adding 2 more boys to the boy & girl I already had

lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I have 2 boys who I love more than anything in this world. I was just telling my mother the other day that it's really frustrating that everyone keeps saying we need to try for a girl. If and when we decide to have a third child it's because we want another baby NOT because we are trying for a specific gender.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a million dollar family and have gotten those comments. It would never even have crossed my mind to be offended. It seems that many people on here are offended by just about anything. Maybe focus on peoples' intentions rather than looking for excuses to be upset by their choice of words.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I've got a million dollar family - that's what it costs to raise them.

( 5 girls, 3 boys).

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have 2 boys and wouldn't change a thing....love them to pieces.
    bargain_hunter_lola and DaveP like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I have fur kids (2 boys and a girl) but if I were to ever have proper children (I doubt it) I would actually prefer two of the same gender. Obviously I would be happy with whatever I get but two of the same gender are so much better IMO then one of each because who wants to fork out all the money for boy toys and clothes and then girl toys and clothes?!

Growing up it was myself and two sisters and a younger brother. Everything got tossed from one sister to the next and then the next. We all re-used each others things of what we could. This was very lucky for my mother who raised us on her own.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I got the perfect families 2 times

I had a boy & a girl …16 year later … I had a girl & a boy

Where’s my millionS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information