User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: Cashiers!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyway everyone, no need to get upset. Sounds like just a troll post
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Stifler i think you need to get a life you do to much complaining
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to say I am quite tired of all the stupid cashier posts. I am a cashier, do I like it? Nope, but it's all I can find right now and I have to do it, I have a family to support. My Mat leave ends on Monday and I am back to work on Tuesday and quite honestly I am dreading it. Not the job itself but you the customer. I have encountered so many mean and nasty customers it out weighs the nice by ten. I have been yelled at for the smalllest thing, have been complained about for not walking fast enough. That's right not fast enough I was almost 9 months pregnant and I didn't walk fast enough so a complaint was made. I have been called every name in the book, I have had money thrown at me and not paper money either. And my personal favorites are the spitters, yup I have been spit on by you the customers, love that one. You have made me cry on more then one occassion but none of you have ever said I am sorry. Some of you have laughed though. The job itself it's not hard and I don't mind doing. But the customers make me miserable so much that I have cried before going into a shift. So you ask why do I keep going, simple I have a daughter that needs me to support her and for her i will do anything, even putting up with crap customers. I will be as polite as I need to be but I am not going to kiss your butt. In most cases I am afraid to say anything because it doesn't take much to tick customers off. So for the most part I go in and do my shift and leave. When dealing with customers I will be polite but I want to get you through before you find some reason to turn on me.Now I am not saying all customers are bad, that's simply not true. I have met some very nice people and I always chat with them, look forward to seeing them when they come in. You say cashiers just don't care it's hard to care when you are made to feel like crap not only by customers but by management aswell. Just try to remember the next time that you feel the need to pop off at us, we are just doing what we need to do to stay a float, it's not always what we want to do but what we need to do and customers don't make it any easier on us.
    Last edited by Springbreeze; Fri, Aug 24th, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

lol stuff like this is why i stoped working at walmart.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't work at Walmart. I work in a small pharmacy.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

It's walmart. Simple as that. If you want filet mignon then don't eat at Mcdonalds

Springbreeze I'm so sorry for all you have to deal with. I'm in customer service but not a cashier. I have been sworn at many more times than I remember, told to rot in hell and asked how I can sleep at night being such a terrible person. It's hard sometimes to take a deep breath and be grateful for work.
    itsjustmebub, KK7, Eva-M and 6 others like this.
    Win Amazon Giftcards just by searching with Swagbucks! I've made over $700!!!

Ask me for more information on how

Tangerine Orange Key is 14221156S1

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Listen folks sheet happens....in the grand scheme of things....what's it gonna matter 100 years from now.....people are people...can't please everyone....just trudge along nd do your best.....and perhaps you can help make a difference
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I HAVE to say, as a server/waitress it makes me really mad to go to a grocery store and see a cashier not have good customer service skills. Often times I'll go to a grocery store after a long day at work, and I actually feel stressed out and don't feel good about seeing the cashiers with these blank faces and rude tones. I know I make tips, but I'm also running around everywhere and dealing with people who have been drinking/are drinking and are really hungry, and it's like a never ending parade of busing tables. I could NEVER get away with not even a smile on my face, let alone not thanking people for coming. I know that being a cashier also has it's ups and downs including rude people too, but I probably see that to the extreme and understand it's my job to make people feel good about coming to the establishment I work at. I actually wanted to be a cashier at Walmart because I like working with people but not necessarily being their slave, but I can't seem to get out of the service industry.
    ANYWAYS, I'm not asking for the world, just a smile and a friendly tone so I don't feel even more depressed about the day I might've had. Just my two cents.
    DaveP likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mollymarie
    to join me on swagbucks and earn tons of gift cards and paypal money

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I agree with springbreeze. Customer's are worse. I work in walmart and I've been sworn at more times then i can count. I've had a coffee maker thrown at me, my co worker had a lady throw eggs at her, I've been threatened. I've had a customer file a complaint against me b/c i didn't know all the sizes and brands of strawberry jam. I had a guy yell at me b/c he lost his kid and it was my fault !?! (apparently I took to long to help him and when his kid went to the bathroom it was my fault) He filed a complaint against me. I had a women throw clothes and shoes at me b/c i asked for her ID. I'm always polite but sometimes customer's make it really hard. I've probably had 15 or 20 complaints filed against me this year, and as soon as the manager hears, more often than not; nothing happens. My boss once gave me a high 5 for not hitting a customer after the way she talked to me. ( She had to wait 10 mins to be helped) And believe it or not, but we have had times when people were waiting out in the parking lot after the store closed for us. (Thank god for security) Just 2 days ago I had a lady yell at me b/c i wouldn't give her a bag of groceries for free ! A manager had to get involved in that, and guess what She filed a complaint against me for not doing it.
    If cashiers are busy they are less than likely to start a conversation, but when we aren't busy, most customer's leave very happy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Throwing stuff?!!! I wonder if cashiers can start calling the cops to charge people for assault. I also one time had a scary customer waiting for me after work. I was only like, 17. Glad my dad was there to drive me home...
    Quote Originally Posted by jayne_a View Post
    I agree with springbreeze. Customer's are worse. I work in walmart and I've been sworn at more times then i can count. I've had a coffee maker thrown at me, my co worker had a lady throw eggs at her, I've been threatened. I've had a customer file a complaint against me b/c i didn't know all the sizes and brands of strawberry jam. I had a guy yell at me b/c he lost his kid and it was my fault !?! (apparently I took to long to help him and when his kid went to the bathroom it was my fault) He filed a complaint against me. I had a women throw clothes and shoes at me b/c i asked for her ID. I'm always polite but sometimes customer's make it really hard. I've probably had 15 or 20 complaints filed against me this year, and as soon as the manager hears, more often than not; nothing happens. My boss once gave me a high 5 for not hitting a customer after the way she talked to me. ( She had to wait 10 mins to be helped) And believe it or not, but we have had times when people were waiting out in the parking lot after the store closed for us. (Thank god for security) Just 2 days ago I had a lady yell at me b/c i wouldn't give her a bag of groceries for free ! A manager had to get involved in that, and guess what She filed a complaint against me for not doing it.
    If cashiers are busy they are less than likely to start a conversation, but when we aren't busy, most customer's leave very happy.
    GoJays likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

ppl waiting for you after work. Now that is scary. b/c they have nothing better to do and clearly are not right in the head and therefore should be charged not only for assult but stalking.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    You called it.......the HARD EARNED MONEY....cashiers will always remember to say " do you want a bag" but God forbid they say THANK YOU after the transaction.

That's why i don't even acknowledge cashier's existence!!!
    Perhaps that's why they don't acknowledge YOUR existance

I work at McDonald's, if you're not even going to treat me like a human, then I'm not going to treat you like a valued customer. Plain and simple!

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    In my opinion, a cashier is a direct representation of the store franchise and the store manager.

Are cashiers trained to say thank you?
    I am a cashier at walmart and i have been one for five years im fast and effiecent and the customers come to me and i get them thru fast i small talk with them when they give me there money i say thank you but when they leave its have a nice day. i have regular customers that look for me i was neveer trained to say thank u and customers dont have a problem with me i have had no complaints at all in my five years i seem to deal with some customers coming thru my line giving me a hard time about something that isnt in my realm of control so in a sense why would i thank customers like that! walmart has a new credit card and i refuse to shove that down customers throat my motto is get them thru as fast as they get to my line and its worked well and im not going to change my way of working either

and saying thank u to a customer we arent trained for that either
    Last edited by TraceyB; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
    KK7, janetta, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Totally not a big deal if the cashier doesn't say "thank you"!
    lol I'm finding it funny that people are miffed about it.
    In my opinion, as long as they don't take a ridiculous amount of time, are friendly...
    (99% of the cashiers will either smile, ask how I am or simply acknowledge me with a "Hi!") and are respectful, everything is fine and dandy!
    I treat them the same way. I go up to the cash smiling and usually ask them how they are first. I treat them like I would be treated- not just with cashiers, but people in general.
    First impressions no matter where you are, are important.

It's rare that anyone's ever thanked me for shopping and that's okay!
    I usually tell them to have a fabulous day/afternoon/evening when receive my receipt.
    Cashiers will definitely recognize you the next time and your checkout will be a lot easier/faster/more of a positive experience!
    Plus, it makes me feel good knowing that I wasn't a completely b*tch to someone who didn't deserve it.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Reporting a cashier for not saying thank you will not get them fired or even written up, but after you leave from complaining about someone not saying thank you it will make you the butt of a lot of jokes. It is also not the cashiers job to bag your groceries in a grocery store. Where I work threatening to shop elsewhere really doesn't mean anything either because that is the threat everyone uses and then they are back in the next day as soon as there is a sale on.
    c_mcarthur, lekate, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information