User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: Cashiers!!!

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not MY JOB to put items in the bag...it's YOUR JOB!!

You put my items in the bag and hand them to me.

And you better say Thank you to me for shopping at your store, bc don't accept me to say thank you for spending my money!!!

AHHH!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Actually there are a lot of places that do not bag your groceries for you anymore.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should of mentioned it was Walmart.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I don't bag thank god!!! And I NEVER say thankyou for shopping at blah blah I may say have a nice day IF your nice to me

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I don't bag thank god!!! And I NEVER say thankyou for shopping at blah blah I may say have a nice day IF your nice to me
    Are you a cashier? I'm actually now going to start complaining about cashiers at big box stores that don't say thank you to me. It's part of customer service and i feel i deserve a thank you for spending my money at your store rather then going to a competitor. We've caled stores to praise cashiers at times and as long as you have your bill, the store manager definitely looks into it.

Just a heads up, in my opinion, start saying thank you bc there's customers like me who will report you.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with you stifler. What upsets me to is say your buying ONE thing. They just give it to you? Umm can you please put it in a bag? Like i get it, you don't want to waste a bag but at least put it in the bag and if I don't want the bag I will let you know.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's standard protocol...scan an item, put it in the bag, hand the bag to the customer, and say thank you. It's repetitive procedure that they do 100x a day.

Thank goodness for the cashier code on the bill to complain to the managers

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Are you a cashier? I'm actually now going to start complaining about cashiers at big box stores that don't say thank you to me. It's part of customer service and i feel i deserve a thank you for spending my money at your store rather then going to a competitor. We've caled stores to praise cashiers at times and as long as you have your bill, the store manager definitely looks into it.

Just a heads up, in my opinion, start saying thank you bc there's customers like me who will report you.
    fyi most cashiers dont give a crap about whether you shop at their store or another store. one customer not buying something isnt going to make or break their paycheque

edited to add, and NO im not a cashier
    Last edited by c_mcarthur; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post

thanks for your opinion but won't change it! MY customers love me and come find me all the time for me serve them.For min wage I am not going to thank anyone maybe ask the manger who make the big bucks to say thankyou to you. I keep it simple ask them how they are, if they need help an have a nice day.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    fyi most cashiers dont give a crap about whether you shop at their store or another store. one customer not buying something isnt going to make or break their paycheque

edited to add, and NO im not a cashier
    They don't...but, when i call the store manager to complain with my receipt and tell them that i'm going to shop at another competitor store...i think they would care more about the customer then an easily replaceable cashier.

Stifler's Wally receipt
    Last edited by Stifler; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You know what C_Mcarthur? You have your views and so do others. But I don't like your tone with your response. And I would think people would give a crap as where people shop will decided if they have a job, because when people shop else where people's jobs get cut. It is not that hard to figure out.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for your opinion but won't change it! MY customers love me and come find me all the time for me serve them.For min wage I am not going to thank anyone maybe ask the manger who make the big bucks to say thankyou to you. I keep it simple ask them how they are, if they need help an have a nice day.
    In my opinion, a cashier is a direct representation of the store franchise and the store manager.

Are cashiers trained to say thank you?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

also, if your not a cashier why would you know if they give a crap?
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have been a cashier at Walmart and other box stores and food places. I agree with you. I never thanked them I just asked t hem how they were, having a good day just small talk. When I was trained its no where in the manual just says engage the customer which means talks to them.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

super_e, cath007, erin9mmm and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information