User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: my shopping cart rant ....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I will add my complaint to the list .... didn't want to jump onto someone elses rant .. but it got me thinking .... how about the people who DON'T put their carts away and instead leave them in the parking lot or in an unsafe spot where they can roll off into traffic or into other parked cars ...... gggrrrr ... I don't know how many times I have run towards a rolling cart on the move to protect someone elses car from damage. I have even jumped out of my car to stop a cart from speeding away .... sometimes with a good gust .. they can really get moving. Note: If for some reason you aren't able to return your cart..... in the very least put it up on some grass ,,,, flip it over on its side ... or hello ..... just put it back where it belongs .... that is my rant .. and funny enough my very first ....

on a positive side .. dont' you just LOVE getting a cart that has a coupon (left behind by another customer) in it ... even better if you use it in that trip.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Not a problem here anymore. All the carts now require .25 to 1.00 to get. I love it when people don't put the cart away, that's ¢ in my pocket

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cart corrals have a purpose that eludes some shoppers. I like the Fortino's corrals as the bottom has a metal strip that will keep pushed carts inside if the wind were to push them back out. Mind you, the carts have to be pushed over that strip first for it to be effective.

Strip plaza sidewalks that don't get cleared of grocery carts that are all over the walks are a pet peeve of mine. Some shoppers are just plain unwilling to do their part to return carts and some store staff only make the collection rounds before the end of their shifts.
    matrix82, GoJays and ssbean like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

One day a very nice lady pushed her trolley forcefully towards my car with a smirk on her face....Sadly, she hadn't taken into account the camber of the car park nor the wind speed which resulted in the cart hurtling back towards her car while the smirk changed to a look of horror....
    matrix82, Insane, pac182 and 18 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

My cart annoyance is two of the workers at my local Superstore. Because there are two types of carts there - the two tiered & 1 tiered, the workers they have to collect carts group the separate ones together and take one batch back at a time... but they leave the other batch where ever they feel like it which is usually in the way of people trying to drive in to park, or trying to back out & leave.

I have had to get out of my vehicle after starting it & attempting to back out and put the line of carts back into the corral because the cart collector left them in my way; there was no way that he couldn't have known that I was trying to back out.

I have had to complain to customer service about these same guys numerous times - the cart issue as well as when they collect a cart that still has a flyer or a fruit/veggie plastic bag in it, they just throw them on the ground.

They are also bad for cutting off customers trying to get in or out of the store by either cutting in front of them going out to get carts, or pushing the line of carts directly at them so they have to quickly get out of the way.

Just to be clear - when I say 'line of carts' these same guys never take more than 6 or 7 back at a time....
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Just to be clear - when I say 'line of carts' these same guys never take more than 6 or 7 back at a time....
    They are not allowed to push more than 5 carts at a time because of work safety reasons.
    SFARAZ likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    One day a very nice lady pushed her trolley forcefully towards my car with a smirk on her face....Sadly, she hadn't taken into account the camber of the car park nor the wind speed which resulted in the cart hurtling back towards her car while the smirk changed to a look of horror....
    Now that's instant karma! Would have loved to witness it.
    Last edited by erin9mmm; Fri, Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: now instead of not
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I hate when they leave them in parking spots.....
    I get excited because I see a good spot, go to pull in and can't because someone's left their cart there so I have to put the car in park, with it's ass end hanging out, move the cart to a safe spot until im done parking.
    bugs me even more when it's only 5 feet away from the cart return!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I wish that more places had the .25 thing for a cart. I think I would be in money, I seem to always be taking a cart back to the store when I go someplace. My husband teases me, but I would rather take someone else's cart back that was left in the lot, then risk it flying into my vehicle.
    abouret and robin1234s like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If the carts don't have a deposit, I always take one that is littered around the parking lot rather than one inside the store. On a related note....I hate when people park their carts in the middle of an entryway or in the aisles while they carry on a conversation with someone. The store seem to be making the aisles smaller (or filling it full of stock) and the carts bigger...
    Ciel, SFARAZ, DaveP and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    .....On a related note....I hate when people park their carts in the middle of an entryway or in the aisles while they carry on a conversation with someone. The store seem to be making the aisles smaller (or filling it full of stock) and the carts bigger...
    I find the Walmart employees to be bad for that at my store. I can understand if they are right there stocking shelves etc. but often I have to maneuver my cart and 3 kids around their abandoned carts.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My dad is so guilty of leaving his damned carts everywhere..why.. i have no idea.. literally the cart holder in the parking lot was right across from us -.-

I get so embarrassed and yell at him infront of the parking lot calling him a lazy dink..now he'll put it up on the grass or in a safer spot..ugh... one hudle at a time.. maybe he'll learn it next year..lmao.

A few weeks ago I was walking across the parkinglot of food basics to the dollarama and some old guy parked literally right infront of me..glared at me so I walked back around and onto the side walk which is narrow and i'm fat so..hm.. I try not to walk on it since it's only a foot wide and usually little kids run on it so..meh. He parks and walks into the store to shop... ............ infront of the exit... where there's a stop sign... =/

I go into the dollarama shop for 20 minutes come outside and he's back loading his car. By the time I get to his car he gives his car a flick which spun it around and it started rolling down; we both saw it but he quickly took off; I called him something very unpleasant and watched the cart for a second. Than ran [oh yes i mean ran.. must've been a scary sight lmao] and stopped the cart from rolling into a very nice old car [the a&w nearby was having one of those oldies nights when people bring in there old cars to show off].

A lady and her teenage son and young daughter had seen me as they were leaving the store and said "Oh you're such a nice, kind person!" I just replied with "Couldn't let it go off in good conciousness." That has happened so many times I can't count.. but some stranger actually thanking me was new.. lol and kinda nice..made my day
    matrix82, DaveP, xox2010 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I get peeved with this as well. I can understand maybe a harried mom with a gaggle of kids having to make a fast getaway or something but we know that's not always the case.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Agree!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

my walmart this happens all the time cuz they only have one cart return at the front of the store and with a ton of cars already there and therefore ppl parking at the back a lot are not willing to take them back so a cart return gets created in a parking spot. why walmart wont put one there is beyond me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information