User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tabby40
  • 2 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Independant un brag!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Had a really rude cashier at my local Independant today. I wanted to use one of the free uncle bens rice and sauce wub a bistro express rice thingie (from insert) and i also a cz coupon for $.50 off a bistro express and she wouldnt let me use both. I really honestly thought it was ok since i am still paying for the bistro express. instead she made me feel about 2 inches tall in front of a line up at her till. it was an honest mistake! i dont think i'll be shopping there again!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

Sorry about that, however this is a place for brags only.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

sorry, i dont know how to delete my post

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    Had a really rude cashier at my local Independant today. I wanted to use one of the free uncle bens rice and sauce wub a bistro express rice thingie (from insert) and i also a cz coupon for $.50 off a bistro express and she wouldnt let me use both. I really honestly thought it was ok since i am still paying for the bistro express. instead she made me feel about 2 inches tall in front of a line up at her till. it was an honest mistake! i dont think i'll be shopping there again!
    Thanks for the info.
    You can get this moved to the Canadian Store Review section. I think other people would like to know about this store and how they treat their customers.

Sorry this happened to you.

Maybe let the store manager know. Maybe it's just this cashier and not other cashiers at that store.

Like I have posted before, I have found my favourite cashiers and will stand in a long line with them, than in a short line with the not so nice cashiers.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Sorry that happened to you.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Sorry that happened to you

Don't let it deter you from couponing though - you'll get to know the friendly cashiers who know what they're doing and you'll stick to a certain few who love to help you save! I have only used the rice and sauce free coupon (from insert) once, but I also used a $0.50 one on the Bistro Express. The way I see it is, it's not stacking because the $0.50 Express coupon is going toward the Express, and the free rice and sauce is going, well, to the rice and sauce you're getting free! Not all cashiers see it this way, but I think most do.

There are some places that are simply horrendous with couponers (either not knowing how to apply them, spending too long reading each one's every detail, etc etc). Hope you find your next shopping experience better!
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I would go to walmart and use your coupons. My husband went yesterday for me and purchased 26 bistro express entrees (he price match the foodland flyer 2/4.00) and used .75 off coupon and also used 26 free coupons for the rice with no problems at all. He saved over 100.00 in coupons yesterday with those and cheese coupons.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It sounds like it was just an issue with the cashier. She was correct that you can't use both, but rudeness isn't acceptable. Just let the manager know about your experience. Unfortunately, you'll come across a rude cashier here and there no matter what store you go to.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Uhh you can use both. I've done it over 30 times. My DH loves the rice and sauce cups. I've never had an issue before. I did it at Walmart, SDM and Superstore.

I don't think this is stacking either. One coupon is going towards one item and the other is going towards the other. Also, the CZ isn't actually a coupon. I say this because its taken off similar to how a price match would be done at another store. Yes, the receipt will show you it was a coupon but they don't get their money back for customers using their coupons.

BTW - had to laugh when I looked at the CZ board in RCSS today. The top said "we're coupon friendly" or something to that nature. I laughed and thought; Well it all depends on which cashier you get!
    Jezebel and mrs.march6 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Thread Information