User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Mcdonals

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We've all had a similar situation, and not just at McDonald's - my first step after placing my order at the first window is to remind the person at the second window - I smile and say, 'oh, don't forget there's supposed to be...' (add whatever extra or different there is supposed to be). If they still don't get it right, I go into the store and speak to the manager - all very polite, no point in alienating the person that you want to help you out. Explain as calmly as possible that it's a recurrent situation - they can correct the order on the spot, and they will pass it on to the staff - especially if you're a 'regular', after a while the staff will expect the special order from you. Last but not least, I call the local 'head office'. I'm in Vancouver, and the local head office for McDonald's is in Burnaby - for one situation I called them, told them what went wrong, that I mentioned it to the employee, and then to the manager with no result - they can then see that you already took appropriate steps which provides better incentive for them to get involved. I don't rant and rave at them - even if the restaurant in question was way out of line and just plain rude - the person on the phone at the head office didn't do it, so I just explain what happened, using the language used by the staff if that was the issue, and explaining why I didn't like the service or being spoken to in that kind of language etc. My goal is not to get something free from them, it's to fix the problem. I don't know if that helps you any or not, I guess I can only say it has worked well for me in the past. :o)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

just gonna have to check the bag i suppose
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

and not boher with head office just talk to managment when im in next

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxCapacity View Post
    We've all had a similar situation, and not just at McDonald's - my first step after placing my order at the first window is to remind the person at the second window - I smile and say, 'oh, don't forget there's supposed to be...' (add whatever extra or different there is supposed to be). If they still don't get it right, I go into the store and speak to the manager - all very polite, no point in alienating the person that you want to help you out. Explain as calmly as possible that it's a recurrent situation - they can correct the order on the spot, and they will pass it on to the staff - especially if you're a 'regular', after a while the staff will expect the special order from you. Last but not least, I call the local 'head office'. I'm in Vancouver, and the local head office for McDonald's is in Burnaby - for one situation I called them, told them what went wrong, that I mentioned it to the employee, and then to the manager with no result - they can then see that you already took appropriate steps which provides better incentive for them to get involved. I don't rant and rave at them - even if the restaurant in question was way out of line and just plain rude - the person on the phone at the head office didn't do it, so I just explain what happened, using the language used by the staff if that was the issue, and explaining why I didn't like the service or being spoken to in that kind of language etc. My goal is not to get something free from them, it's to fix the problem. I don't know if that helps you any or not, I guess I can only say it has worked well for me in the past. :o)

Exactly.I remember 1 time ordering inside and a guy came for the drive order....nothing in this order was correct...he was so mad ..and agressive(not the best way)...but the manager talk to the staff and they redit this order.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    just gonna have to check the bag i suppose

It is an automatism for me now to do that.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxCapacity View Post

Thank-you!!!! There is NOTHING worse then when we mess something up, and the person comes barging in yelling and screaming at us. We're sorry we made a mistake, and we'd love to fix it, but we do NOT deserve to be treated like crap. I have actually refused to correct a person's order BECAUSE of the way they were treating me. This guy started throwing food at me, calling me a stupid effing beeotch for messing up everything (I had JUST started my shift, I had absolutely nothing to do with his order whatsoever) and then started uttering threats. Without a word, I did a refund for his order on the till in front of me, placed the money on the counter and told him to get out before I call the police and have him charged. Needless to say, he was speechless lol.
    idonovan likes this.

>>>Tradelist & Wishlist<<<
    |MILK|CHICKEN|ARCTIC GARDENS|CHAPMANS|EUROPES BEST|SYB PINS|OJ|

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information