User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: All About Coupon Trains

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It doesnt seem to be something I can do with the permissions I have but I was obviously done at one time as Train Passenger was not an option with the original software. Question is, did we get the developer to do it for us or is it something Boo can do
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erinsmom View Post
    i can say on my trains if i fix a small error i always still send the original coupon with a little sticky note saying what i fixed so the receiving rider still knows what was originally sent. My riders always know where mistakes were made & it would be their decision how to rate that rider.

******if there are numerous mistakes that rider is removed from the train & whatever coupons were sent in for her are returned to the original owner.****** again all riders will know who made the mistakes. I believe most experienced conductors run their trains this way.

most wvl trains as far as i know keep the coupons separated, when i receive my final envie i know exactly who sent what so i can rate them appropriately. The only exception i have been seeing lately are some trains where everyone throws x number of coupons into the pot & the conductor mixes them up & sends everyone back a mixed envie of new coupons. I haven't rode on these trains, but i would think in this case each rider shouldn't be rating each other becasue no one really knows what each rider sent in.

...i can see all sides & all arguements for this. But in my mind the more info i can gather on a rider the better. I just think if it's reduced to only conductors leaving ratings there will be much less info out there for us to go by when deciding to ride trains.

In regards to the trade rater options...i think the choices we have already separate the types of trades/trains. If i look up a rider i can clearly see which ones were for one on one trades, which ones came from train conductors & which ones came from train passengers.
    i agree with erinsmom , i also note any errors i fix and let both parties know be made aware and often the rider who made the error works something out with the person they sent to,
    i always note the name of the train in my rating ie so and so's traditional, or so and so's vwl train then it is obvious that if i rate someone other than so and so that i and she/he were riders on that train

i think most seasoned conductors are sure that all rules are followed and are quick to point out to a new conductor any errors they may have made in their rules. What might help new conductors is a template of rules for vwl riders and conductors
    ie
    send only exact coupons from a wishlist unless okay'd by the other passenger
    note on each bundle to and from
    rate the conductor and all riders that you received coupons from

LIKE THE PACKAGE TRAINS RULES

THIS WILL ENSURE PEOPLE AREN'T COPYING TRAINS AND ALL RULES ARE BEING FOLLOWED
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sat, Aug 25th, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    couponandoff likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I just want to say that I have now conducted 7 VWT's of my own and if there is ever a mistake I try my absolute hardest to work something out with the person who sent the mistakes. Often times what I will do is take a coupon out of my own personal stash and include it with the wrong/mistake coupon. Write on the bundle that X coupon was sent, it was wrong and that I then put in Y coupon that was on their WL in addition. This way they can see that so and so who originally sent it to them did make an error and that I had to step in and fix it.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Sat, Aug 25th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I know I may get tomatoes thrown at me but I really wish people would think when they write something on the Firstline for the feedback when your riding on the same train it may tend to make other riders feel bad when another rider gets (example only) VERY Generous but yet they get thanks for riding this is just my thought if a rider has done something special or gave me a coupon I like I write it in the second spot so it is private, this is ONLY my opinion.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

oh and meant to add in there is IF I could give every rider awesome coupons or FPC's I would I work a a GROCERY store and can't find coupons ONLY empty tearpads : (

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    I know I may get tomatoes thrown at me but I really wish people would think when they write something on the Firstline for the feedback when your riding on the same train it may tend to make other riders feel bad when another rider gets (example only) VERY Generous but yet they get thanks for riding this is just my thought if a rider has done something special or gave me a coupon I like I write it in the second spot so it is private, this is ONLY my opinion.
    I think I may tend to agree with this but what bothers me more is when riders just put something like "thank you" and thats it. I'd appreciate myself as a conductor when checking to ensure they left feedback for everyone if they atleast put the train name in the feedback when they left it for everyone.
    KK7 and Anna Michele like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Yes I like when it is written what train ect ; ) lol
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I am guilty of saying "WOW, Crazy Generous" to one rider on a train and not the others... I didn't do it to offened anyone. I was trying to give "props" to that rider. Helping to build their reputation up.

I'm not throwing tomatoes at KK7-- I just never thought I could hurt someones feelings.

I will say things in the private part like "thanks for the FPC-- loved the bogo-". I don't like to put that as "public".

I agree that stating the train name is important too. Also, I like to include something about the conductor such as great train idea... well organized...thanks for letting me ride...Just so newer riders know that I was happy with the entire train ride.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That is a hard one because you do want to give props for the extra generous and let people know they are more than fair, but not hurt people's feelings. If someone was super generous and just got the same as everyone else, that may hurt their feelings too.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Do riders really check what's written for other riders on each train?
    I use feedback to check on riders I may want to add to my trains or do trades with.
    I don't compare on what's written for every rider from one particular train just to see what comments they got.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

umm kinda hard to miss when you leave feedback lol. Not that me or anyone else goes searching but if your leaving feedback just happens to be there

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I'm guilty of writing specific things also, like "Great rider as always" or "Extremely generous". I thought that was the whole point of the feedback system? So, that when people read your FB, they can see that most of the time you either: meet the requirements, are a good trader, go above and beyond, etc. I think most of us just scan fb to see what kind of rider the person is overall, not specifics.

I honestly never thought it would make people feel bad. I know it wouldn't bother me, if I got a generic "thanks for riding XYZ -VWL train", especially if I didn't have the coupons to be very generous. It says that yes, I rode the train and meet the minimum requirements. If I was extremely generous and got the same generic message, I might be a little bummed but I know how hard it is to leave tons of feedback all at once so things get missed sometimes. No harm, no foul (at least for me).

I do like when people write the name of the train and what kind of train it is though.
    FallenPixels and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

In light of the recent poll on how many train threads a conductor should be able to run at any one point, this becomes even more difficult in my opinion. Feeback is a tool that I employ to ensure that all riders have in fact received their envies. This in turn will allow me to expire my thread and determine how many if any more new trains I can start.

I think that everyone has very valid points and incorporating eveyones concerns into one solid set of rules is going to be quite the endeavor. I do appreciate Fallen for taking on this role and wish her the best of luck. I for one certainly wouldn't wan't to walk in her shoes .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

It wouldn't bother me in the least to receive a "thanks for the coupons" message even if I gave them FPC's...it's hard to leave all the FB's and I don't give out great coupons for the FB message alone....teehee, it's for the great riders! I think each of us knows who is usually generous (if they can be!) and I love how people reciprocate. There are no kudos required for this kind of friendly exchange and I know that it's always appreciated even when it's not in writing on my FB.

The trains are sooo much FUN!!

I love that you set out the basics....maybe more people will jump on!

Thanks Fallen,

J

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm in Traditional Train withdrawl. It seems like there are only VWT mainly running. I have a Traditional Train on the go, but I sure hope a few more get start soon.
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sun, Sep 2nd, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information