• 3 Post By Patty Smyth

Thread: Crest save $4.50 coupon

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Jul 1st, 2013
    Hi all

There has been some confusion on the crest coupon in the p&g "English" insert. Save 4.50 wub paste, rinse and brush. Some are reading the coupon as needing to only buy 2 items but the intention is 3 items. This is what I thought last month when there was a similar coupon. Anyways I emailed P&G twice regarding this coupon , they recently got back to me.See below.

"Thank you for your email, after careful review of your question regarding the coupon save $4.50 when you buy any Crest pro-health or Crest 3D white toothpaste, Crest 3D white rinse and Oral -B manual toothbrush (UPC 63766569 expiry June 30, 2013) the coupon is intended that you buy 3 items. One toothpaste , rinse and brush. I hope that makes things clearer"
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks for the clarification!

They really should have just worded it...
    Save $4.50 when you buy one of each: toothpaste, rinse and toothbrush.

Never crossed my mind that one would interpret the wording as buy two items, instead of three due to the and at the end!
    Cocottee00, ticul and torontogal12 like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The french one is 2 items.
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Thanks for the clarification!

They really should have just worded it...
    Save $4.50 when you buy one of each: toothpaste, rinse and toothbrush.

Never crossed my mind that one would interpret the wording as buy two items, instead of three due to the and at the end!
    Your welcome! I always read it as 3 items, but kept seeing people post on here that they used it and only bought two items...people are not seeing the comma (basic grammar in my opinion) Plus some were using it at Walmart, buying two items and getting overage...the coupon also states no cash or credit back etc....so the coupon was definately being used incorrectly.

I can't speak for the French version b/c I don't have one and I didn't email that wording , but I would imagine P&G has the same intentions with both English and French versions.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Your welcome! I always read it as 3 items, but kept seeing people post on here that they used it and only bought two items...people are not seeing the comma (basic grammar in my opinion) Plus some were using it at Walmart, buying two items and getting overage...the coupon also states no cash or credit back etc....so the coupon was definately being used incorrectly.

I can't speak for the French version b/c I don't have one and I didn't email that wording , but I would imagine P&G has the same intentions with both English and French versions.
    Whatever their intention, they need someone new in the translation department because it's not a grammatical or punctuation error in french.

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Yes they should fix the french version....again I haven't seen it and so I didn't inquire.

Thread Information