User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By littlebean

Thread: Walmart coupon policy chat

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Hey all,
    Was wondering...on the oasis fpc juice for example, it says "maximum $4.99 value."
    In your experience, should they take the FULL value off (providing overage) or just what the juice rings up as?

I decided to ask 2 people today. They both looked like managers. One was at the post where cashiers ask if they need help about a coupon or pm or whatever, and she said that tehy would take JUST the juice amount off, and not the full value....and the other lady has been at the customer service desk, she was wearing a black shirt sorting things around the store. She was also with a man employee with a black shirt helping her. I asked the question and showed her the juice fpc. She said, oh no, we would only ever take the value of the juice off, not this full max. amount. I said oh ok, I know for regular coupons if the coupon amount exceeds the product amount, that amount gets put towards your basket purchase, and she looked at me like I was an alien and said, oh no, we would only get reimbursed for what the PRODUCT amount is (but the cashiers never write in the product amount...ever). The man chimed in and said, actually I've heard both....but I'm not sure.

I couldn't believe that the woman didn't know. I watched her walk away and she went straight behind the CS desk, so if shes a higer up, I can't believe she doesn't know that. Anyways, back to my original Q about the juice. Have you guys gotten the full amount taken off, or just the amount of the juice? i know when it says "up to" you only get the product amount, but what about "a maximum amount of..."
    thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by littlebean; Sat, Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

No Walmart should NOT be giving anyone the full max value of any FPC if the product is under the max value of the coupon

The up to refers to if the item in question is worth more than the FPC

i.e - Oasis FPC max value $3.89 and Walmart has it on for $4.25 - Walmart should ring it in as $3.89 and you pay the difference

If the item in question is lower than the max value of the coupon they should be ringing it in as the purchase price of the product

Walmart only gives you the full value of $$ off coupons and that is why some coupons you get the overage to put towards the rest of your basket

A good example would be this

The FPC for Huggies Diapers from ETR wins online - max value is $25.50

This specific FPC states that it includes the GST/PST so if Walmart has them on for $19.99 - they should be giving you $22.39 not $19.99

where as in the FPC Oasis Juice box coupon from the cereal box is max value of $3.89

and Walmart has them on for $2.99 - you would get $2.99 off and you would have to pay the enviro/levy fee on top of that even though the max value is $3.89 because the coupon does not include the enviro/levy fees

Gotta watch your FPC's as not all FPC's include the GST/PST - most P&G FPC's specifically state they do not include them

Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, Aug 25th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

YES! This all makes sense, thank u! I wasn't sure when it said max value, what they are suppose to do. I have some oasis fpcs left so I wanted some input b4 I used them..thanks!
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Thread Information