Recently I felt great about my shopping trip- 2 egg beater cartons (price matched with food basics), 1 4pk oikos yogurt, 1 4pk nordica peach cottage cheese, 1 yellow pepper, 1 box of strawberries, and a can of sardines for under 8.50$. I'm sure the great couponers on here could do better but I was happy. The oikos was 50% off because it was expiring in 4 days, i used both a 1$ off and BOGO on the egg beaters, a coupon for the cottage cheese and full price for the rest (at freshco).

It's about knowing your prices but I have to say I find choosing a store to shop at every week is becoming harder. I weigh: distance from my home, if allows price matching and printable coupons, best deals, the most expired products and if trickery is used, freshness, location near other places I need to go, regular price comparison, less likely to be out of stock of what i need or a sale item. I really wish I had a super store near me and do find myself going out there for harder to find things, PC brands my no frills doesn't carry... In the city I lived in before I had food basics and independent grocer (super store minus the non-food stuff). I currently have Food Basics and No Frills (normally if i can't find it at one, I can't find it at the other either). Freshco and Metro are a little further. Every store has advantages and disadvantages but I've been more frequently flat out upset leaving Food Basics and for something basic, not anything coupon related, just basic things a customer should expect.