User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Miss Molly

Thread: An upside down, inside out day!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't been shopping much at all this summer so when I saw the 20x day I was excited. There were a number of things I needed that were on sale and there were other things I had coupons for. I was driving up to SDM when I noticed all the traffic lights were out for a stretch and the intersection was totally blocked with an accident so I pulled into a parking lot and turned around. As I was heading up to SDM the car felt funny, like I had a flat. I got to SDM, looked at the tires and they looked okay although the front, left looked a touch soft but the front ones always look softer than the back. Went into the store and this is what I got:

4 x Maxwell house at $6.99 each (they are generally $11)
    1 toothpaste/toothbrush combo for $3.99, down from $5.99
    2 toothpastes at $2.99 minus $1 off each coupons
    1 pack generic pepcid, $8.49
    1 bottle glucosamine $12.99 about half price
    1 pack carefree liners $2.99
    1 vega protein bar $2.79
    1 vega protein powder $31.99, 20% off
    2 x Royale toilet paper, $4.88 2 $1 x 2 coupons
    1 x Always pantiliner $4.99

Total $118.31
    Saved $63.42

Regular points 1110
    Product bonus points 360
    Bonus points 21090

My total right now is 78994

Then the fun began. I drove about 6 kilometres to a client's house, then 3 kilometres towards anothers when my tire completely flattened and I almost got rear ended. Fortunately I didn't drive on it when it was totally flat except for a short distance into a parking lot. Called CAA, waited 45 minutes and got towed to a garage. I thought I would need a new tire but they were able to put a plug in it, and there was a puncture but no nail or anything in it. I went and did the rest of my driving around and then went to a few more places, parked my car on the road in front of another client's house when someone hit the mirror of the driver's side and didn't stop! Idiot! Thankfully, there was no damage because it isn't a fixed mirror. I wish I could stay home the rest of the night but I have to go out again.

I blame the blue moon!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Automobile Association CAA, Garage, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    ssbean and ancarett like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Yikes for the flat and the sideswipe. I'd blame the blue moon, too!

Good score on the rest of your shopping and your points collecting. Are you holding out for the big redemption in December? I know that I am!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ancarett View Post
    Yikes for the flat and the sideswipe. I'd blame the blue moon, too!

Good score on the rest of your shopping and your points collecting. Are you holding out for the big redemption in December? I know that I am!
    I think I am. It's the first year that I'll be doing a redemption so we'll see what they have to offer!

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Thread Information