• 2 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By salady
  • 1 Post By salady
  • 1 Post By cath007
  • 2 Post By natynat

Thread: Amooza Twists - YUCK!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So I just tried an Amooza Twist (Mozzarella-Cheddar kind) and wow, was it ever disgusting. It tasted like plastic and was sooo salty. I spat it out and now I don't know what to do with the rest of the pack. Definitely won't ever be getting these again, even if free. Name:  puke.gif
Views: 2195
Size:  2.5 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Really? I buy these when they go on sale, I think they're tasty. Don't taste like salty plastic to me!
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

lol, once again Zonny, i agree with you
    my kids love them, they take them to school almost everyday, and i'll take them to work with me on occasion also
    krysta lynne and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I don't understand how people like this! Do you think maybe the one I bought was "off"? I took one bite and it kind of snapped off, if you know what I mean. Also, it had a weird skin coating all over. Ughhhh puke. It was very salty though.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i think you got a bad one. they are usually awesome

i remember back a few weeks ago in the midst of a cheestring craze i got one pack that tastes like fun cheese. (the animal shape ones- which taste like barf) i chalked it up to a bad pack and chucked it
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ya, last year a FPC for these came with the 'kraft sampler pack' - so picked up one package of amooza twists.

Feel the same as OP - tasted like crap. We ate the whole pack, because they were alright, but I sure as heck would never spend money on these. They DONT taste like cheese. There's no way they are 'real' cheese... my opinion.

Would not purchase.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So I gave a stick of the Amooza Twists to a friend to try who I know loves it...she said that's how it's supposed to taste and had not gone bad. Ughhhhhh eeeeeyuck! The expiry date on the package was for Nov 2012 so it was still "fresh".

Nessa23, I totally get what you mean. It certainly didn't taste like real cheese to me! I guess some people like it, some don't. I sure will be steering clear of this from now on.
    nessa23 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I find them really salty too.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I got them last year with an FPC, didn't mind them, but probably wouldn't spend money to buy them normally. I prefer the Cheestrings. BF however gobbled em right up.. though he'll eat anything..
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Got them in sale....because the b1g1 expired and they where out of stock...so dispensive so it is a love and hate for me lets see 50%....I would prefer the Black Diamond kind or for the same price a brick of cheese lol!!!
    nessa23 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't mind them, but I think cheesestrings definitely have a better taste. I also find amoozas to be quite hard in comparison.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I really like them actually lol...although they are a bit salty, compared to the BD. I found a great way of incorporating them into pizza. I used to work for Pizza Hut a loooong time ago, and to make stuffed crust, we used to roll cheese sticks into the dough where the crust is supposed to be. The half-half amooza makes great stuffed crust and the pizza comes out suppper tasty. That's an option if you can't eat it just like that. Try it
    nessa23 and breeka like this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My kids love them actually they love any kind of cheese strings. I like them as well.
    Have a great shopping day lets save money!

Thread Information