User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: (UPDATED) Post flyers early on SmartCanucks & get free gift cards

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm assuming 1 flyerpoint per flyer and not per week. So if I post 5 flyers this week, I get 5 flyerpoints? I can get $5 GC every 2 weeks? So 2 flyers equals $1, right?

Thanks, Boo, for doing this.

I'm going to start with the ones good for across Canada like Giant Tiger, SDM, and Canadian Tire, and then the ones for Quebec.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Tue, Sep 4th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
    leavitts77 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Sweet i hope you do so i can see them even earlier yay

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I'm assuming 1 flyerpoint per flyer and not per week. So if I post 5 flyers this week, I get 5 flyerpoints? I can get $5 GC every 2 weeks? So 2 flyers equals $1, right?

I'm going to start with the ones good for across Canada like Giant Tiger, SDM, and Canadian Tire, and then the ones for Quebec.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    My one concern with this (I don't post flyers, so I really don't care about the rewards) is that there are members who make a post about the flyer, provide a bit of text information, but have no pictures to post & promise to do as such later on.

If the system is based on post time, then people will use this method to 'cheat'. Perhaps adding some 'fineprint' that states it's the first post that contains proper pictures that must be verified.... then again, no-one can expect couponlady to be here 24/7 to verify the post when it's possible to edit it afterwards.

Anywho, I think you get my point
    Couponlady would have private messages in her inbox with time and date. Also we can see edits and thread history. So don't worry shouldn't be too hard knowing who posted it first

But I like your fine print idea! Just so that people don't abuse the system. Thanks for suggesting this, will add fine print now

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Its not so much who posted it first, but people posting just I have the flyer and coming back 4 hours later and adding the pics while others do not post because they see it is posted - if I am understanding KrazE correctly
    flyingdutch and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post

Good question!

I updated the rules to say the daily max is 7. I think this will be good for now but we'll see if it's too much or too little and adjust it over time accordingly.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Rules and instructions on first page updated.

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I love it!!! Great idea...

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I like the rule about it being a bigger store flyer as in store must have atleast 5 locations because I am kinda tired of seeing certain flyers posted for stores that aren't even really existent in my opinion but then people getting credit because they posted a flyer early.

I also do not like when people just post the "deals" that they copied from another site who posted the flyer early but alas I did do something similar last week only because I was excited about all the possible free items which was slightly different.

I do think that posted early flyers should be checked to ensure they weren't just copied from another site who posted them early as I have seen members doing this too and completely disagree with it whether they are being rewarded or not. It is never okay to steal someone elses work whether its something easy as taking pictures and uploading them or whether it is a creative masterpiece.
    Jezebel, FallenPixels and Aimz like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Shucks for once living out west is a disadvantage - but I love the idea!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is really nice. I hope get a chance contribute.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princesskimmi View Post
    I am sure the other out west people would appreciate the flyers for major retailers there
    Jezebel and flyingdutch like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Great idea!

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

any chance we could get a new prefix that said flyer like the new prefixes in the train section which are so amazing.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Its not so much who posted it first, but people posting just I have the flyer and coming back 4 hours later and adding the pics while others do not post because they see it is posted - if I am understanding KrazE correctly
    Basically yes, the assumption of course is that people will post in the thread saying they wished the pictures were there, but lets just say we had a blue moon (wait... we did!) and no-one posts in it - it's very difficult to prove anything based on an edit when there is no proof of the original post in the first place - just trying to keep the can of worms closed lol

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I like the rule about it being a bigger store flyer as in store must have atleast 5 locations because I am kinda tired of seeing certain flyers posted for stores that aren't even really existent in my opinion but then people getting credit because they posted a flyer early.

I also do not like when people just post the "deals" that they copied from another site who posted the flyer early but alas I did do something similar last week only because I was excited about all the possible free items which was slightly different.

I do think that posted early flyers should be checked to ensure they weren't just copied from another site who posted them early as I have seen members doing this too and completely disagree with it whether they are being rewarded or not. It is never okay to steal someone elses work whether its something easy as taking pictures and uploading them or whether it is a creative masterpiece.
    Some people are members of other forums, but blatantly stealing another's work should not be rewarded. Of course there could be a rule perhaps that suggests every user must write their username on the flyer pages before taking the pictures to upload and that could deal with some of the theft issues - but as I said, a member could very well have a completely different name on another site & will want to share the flyer there too, so writing a completely different username than they use elsewhere could be bothersome to them.

Then again... the incentive here on SC is the possibilities of rewards for posting the flyer first... so which would they prefer..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princesskimmi View Post
    Remember though, that there will be an incentive for posting the Western Canada version of flyers like No Frills, SDM, etc. The prices in our area are not the same as those in Central Canada, so it will be REALLY nice NOT to get excited over prices that turn out, in the end, to quite regularly be higher when we see our flyer. I'll never forget the time I bought 20 Minute Maid concentrates advertised at 2/$1.00 in the No Frills flyer, only to find out when I got to the till that they were $1.00 each in BC! Learned my lesson, though...
    Last edited by DianneS; Tue, Sep 4th, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
    FallenPixels and pumpkin9211 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information