User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: (UPDATED) Post flyers early on SmartCanucks & get free gift cards

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Great news
    I miss bubbelinchen posting early flyers, come back bubbelinchen pretty please
    Jezebel and TheFrugalBachelor like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

nice idea!!!!!!!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Does anyone want Manitoba flyers posted ?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes they do, we get a lot of people request flyers that are not Ontario/Quebec but no one posts them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

ok I usually get them Wedensday but sometimes not til Thusday morning and by that time they are often
    online by Thursday ...which is why I never post I figured I am getting them too late

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, couponlady has usually uploaded the high res copies by Thursday, we need some out West and Atlantic peeps who get their flyers super early
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Fallen, Boo, can I make a suggestion? Would you mind to add to the first post with requirements for posting flyers: Flyers should be clearly readable, first of all. As an example, below this week Metro flyer posted by jemwars, I can only see the prices, and the pics of the items, I've no idea, what the details are. Actually, almost all the the flyers she posted the same quality pics, and I personally believe that for such posts you shouldn't award any points, sorry. I was trying to use them for our weekly grocery thread, I can't. I have to wait for the flyers to be posted either on-line, or on another board, cause those flyers are virtually unreadable.

Name:  174284d1366746320-ontario-metro-flyer-april-26-may-2-dscf8748.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  55.7 KB
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

I think it is not her fault that the picture is so small, may be SC is limiting file size. But still for long flyers like Metro, we need to take 2 pics for each page(top and bottom portions), that might make it readable.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    I think it is not her fault that the picture is so small, may be SC is limiting file size. But still for long flyers like Metro, we need to take 2 pics for each page(top and bottom portions), that might make it readable.
    Coupon lady, SC is limiting file sizes only when we talk about huge files, it's not the case for sure...it's just a clear example how not to do something, that's why I asked you guys, to change the requirements, it's up to the poster either to scan a flyer or post a pic, but all flyer's details should be easily readable, or if not, this flyer should be posted just for reference, and replaced as soon as a readable version available. Here is the example how to post flyer correctly by web3:
    Name:  174183d1366733461-foodland-flyer-april-26th-may-2nd-img_3058.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  99.5 KB
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It seems to be an issue with flyers like Metro where they are very long compared to wide, Forum Expert said there is a size limit that is based on width & height (which he has just changed for us) so when it is a long page, it shrinks it to the allowed size which also shrinks the width. It is not an issue when people take 2 pics per page since the pages are more 'square' and not resized as much
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am not sure I explained that well, so here is a screenshot of an actual size of the word flyer in my image

Name:  FLYER-ORIGINAL.PNG
Views: 362
Size:  8.4 KB

and when uploaded as a full page in a similar size to a Metro flyer
    Name:  FLYERLONG.png
Views: 427
Size:  41.2 KB

but if it is broken into 2 pictures, it is not as long so is resized less and more proportionally
    Name:  FLYERSQ.png
Views: 589
Size:  23.8 KB
    Jezebel likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Here is the flyer she posted in December, you can see the images are bigger http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/332295-...r-20-a-canada/

She took the pics just the same way now too, but because the file size that we can upload was reduced(i think some time in Feb), images posted now look very small.

Trading Score
    492 (100%)

You can also observe in that post, if we take 1 page per pic, it is easy to read, than 2 pages together

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I really appreciate all the feedback on here. I personally love this flyers program and I think we need to expand it more and encourage more people to post.

We want to encourage:
    - early posts
    - high quality posts
    - posts from different provinces

Therefore I'm thinking of a way to expand this program, give more people points to get more flyers for more regions and higher quality ones. Trying to figure out how to do this exactly.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome! I'm reading through them

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    Here is the flyer she posted in December, you can see the images are bigger http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/332295-...r-20-a-canada/

She took the pics just the same way now too, but because the file size that we can upload was reduced(i think some time in Feb), images posted now look very small.

I will look into this problem and address it right away!!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information