User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    121 (98%)

That's really too bad. Walmart really needs to post the Canadian policy SOMEWHERE on their site. Even managers don't have it, or can even access it :-(. I'll admit,I totally thought the Corporate policy, was Canadian, and have even had Walmart Canada phone associates confirm.

I do recomend that people email Wamart Canada, for a copy of whatever version they send you, as there are also a few slight variations in that policy, but it's extremely useful when using printed coupons.

Walmart is amazing for coupons, as well as pricematching, and it makes me sad that some people abused that, in sadly only a couple days?

Thanks for keeping us updated ypperin.

Isagirl4life
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at walmart last night and i ask the cashier and she said yes as long as the coupon doesnt say anything about one per household and they are different. They now have signs at the cashiers desk that say something to the effect of walmat has to follow manufactures policy on coupons..... Im still a little confused so many different storys..........On a good note the sell irish spring 6X90gr for 2.50 reg price with the coupon from source .80 cents with tax!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ypperin View Post
    It seems that a few bad apples have indeed spoiled the bunch. I spoke with one of the managers this afternoon and from what I understand they were not only bombarded with couponers, but with people arguing about overages and the american coupon policy was a recipe for disaster unfortunately.

I spoke with management at Corporate WalMart Canada this morning and even she had confirmed that one location was allowing stacking (neither of us specified the location), but it seems that it has now been canceled indefinitely.
    honestly.............I wish nothing had been posted here about this 'upcoming policy' in the first place ...............until it was fully 'up and running' with corporate & all retail staff fully on board and ready to roll it out officially................too many people are chomping at the bit to do "Extreme Couponing Canadian-style", and have no problem being pushy, demanding & greedy.

I no longer post good coupon info. & deals I'm privy too anymore.............because I'm all too aware of the "crazy-train" mentality out there. ...........

(Now, I use my own discretion who I will 'quietly' share info. with............definitely the people who will be reasonable & 'play fair'; not the ones who think "s/he who ends up with the most coupons, deals, biggest stash, empties the shelf first..because after all, 'the early bird gets the worm' - 'you snooze, you lose, too bad for you' mentality.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

totally agree with you barbs!!!!
    I've been couponing for just a short while, but I saw such behaviour first hand numerous times.
    I don't want to be labeled as a prude, but I'd like to get a few deals here and there for myself and my family and friend, and don't bother managers with constant call and requests, but just let the stores decide their reaction of the growing numbers of people that are using coupons.
    There should be an unwritten etiquette in regards of using coupons- stacking or not. Be moderate, follow the rules on the coupon and not twist it your way, and don't overwhelm the cashier. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in their shoes, and not be rude or condescending if they're not sure how to handle the transaction.
    I believe that we get what we give.
    Learn to use Swagbucks - easy - HERE
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post
    honestly.............I wish nothing had been posted here about this 'upcoming policy' in the first place ...............until it was fully 'up and running' with corporate & all retail staff fully on board and ready to roll it out officially................too many people are chomping at the bit to do "Extreme Couponing Canadian-style", and have no problem being pushy, demanding & greedy.

I no longer post good coupon info. & deals I'm privy too anymore.............because I'm all too aware of the "crazy-train" mentality out there. ...........

(Now, I use my own discretion who I will 'quietly' share info. with............definitely the people who will be reasonable & 'play fair'; not the ones who think "s/he who ends up with the most coupons, deals, biggest stash, empties the shelf first..because after all, 'the early bird gets the worm' - 'you snooze, you lose, too bad for you' mentality.
    I couldn't agree more Barbs. This was horrible for me I thought I was helping out those like minded like me..... apparently not so much I have learned a valuable lesson here, and will be following the same after this experience.
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ypperin View Post
    I couldn't agree more Barbs. This was horrible for me I thought I was helping out those like minded like me..... apparently not so much I have learned a valuable lesson here, and will be following the same after this experience.
    I agree too. I have learnt this lesson too. Be very choosy who tell anything too. This is something I have picked up in life and found it applies to a few threads here.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I was afraid something like this would happen and I agree with all four of you. I also only tell a few people on here about great deals. It's such a shame that it has come to this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tinaros View Post
    totally agree with you barbs!!!!
    I've been couponing for just a short while, but I saw such behaviour first hand numerous times.
    I don't want to be labeled as a prude, but I'd like to get a few deals here and there for myself and my family and friend, and don't bother managers with constant call and requests, but just let the stores decide their reaction of the growing numbers of people that are using coupons.
    There should be an unwritten etiquette in regards of using coupons- stacking or not. Be moderate, follow the rules on the coupon and not twist it your way, and don't overwhelm the cashier. Sometimes we have to put ourselves in their shoes, and not be rude or condescending if they're not sure how to handle the transaction.
    I believe that we get what we give.

If your not willing to share your deals or post them here why even bother being an Scer then? Most people arent on the "crazy train" I find the whole couponing paranoia really annoying, most people dont take things too far. Im sorry its just so fustrating that people are getting so paranoid when its only some people taking advantage of things.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Mar 19th, 2011 at 11:13 AM.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    If your not willing to share your deals or post them here why even bother being an Scer then? Most people arent on the "crazy train" I find the whole couponing paranoia really annoying, most people dont take things too far. Im sorry its just so fustrating that people are getting so paranoid when its only some people taking advantage of things.
    Unfortunately it is not paranoia because I, Tinaros, and many of us have witnessed it numerous times. There is and continues to be a growing number of couponers/stackers in the lower mainland area and although this is great, a number of people have been a bit over zealous about it. This includes clearing the shelves and taking 10+ coupons from coupon pads, among many other things.

I have been at London Drugs Friday mornings (the first day of the flyer) at 10am to find the shelves already cleared and 10+ of an item in people’s carts. I also acknowledge that this is in part the stores fault. I think everyone would agree with me that we all came and have stayed on this site for a number of reasons, one of which being the great deals posted. I myself have contributed and will continue to do so.

I think in this case since the stacking was only at one specific location and as someone stated the store was bombarded with stackers, many of us want to avoid this type of thing in the future by waiting till it is fully up and running.
    Last edited by Jessica_25; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Isagirl4life
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I totally agree!!!!!!!! with u Jessica The stores dont have to accept our coupons stacking or not, it is a privilage not a right. Some families and people in general use coupon as a way to get from paycheck to paycheck when money is tight. Everyone should enjoy couponing as much as the next person and the last thing i would like to see is some being a little too greedy.
    Now that im dont my rant lol
    Everyone have a great evening

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with you Jessica.....the numbers are grow so fast, maybe something to do with the coupon class, sorry if you took the class, don't mean to be rude posting this, some are cool, some are way too greedy, can't even find coupons here anymore, shelves are empty.....I can't even find RCSS coupon...lol....
    Last edited by Blue Flower; Fri, Mar 25th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Kaz
    Female
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very good point. I too find it frustrating to find empty shelves in the lower mainland. I have recently come across couponers selling their deals online on craigslist and facebook. I can't help but wonder if those of us getting deals for our families are now competing with people running mini stores out of there garage...lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's a real shame that you can't get the sale items, because the shelves are empty. It's just as much a shame when you walk around and see all empty coupon holders. But what takes the cake is people stockpiling then reselling to make a profit.

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't seen people resale it on CL/FB, I don't think it's cool at all, I know it's recession time but I think it stated on the coupons that re-sale is consider FRAUD....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Very good point. I too find it frustrating to find empty shelves in the lower mainland. I have recently come across couponers selling their deals online on craigslist and facebook. I can't help but wonder if those of us getting deals for our families are now competing with people running mini stores out of there garage...lol

I LUV FREE Stuff
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some stores don't issue rain check, so when it's gone it's gone and for some people who are busy with kids and anything else, don't have time to check the stores everyday if they are re-stocking, few times I called they will re-stock but when you get there again they are empty and once also get rain check but it has expiry date too.

Quote Originally Posted by mindymouse View Post
    It's a real shame that you can't get the sale items, because the shelves are empty. It's just as much a shame when you walk around and see all empty coupon holders. But what takes the cake is people stockpiling then reselling to make a profit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information