User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just witnessed a 40 foot tree fall on three cars.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Almost 48 hrs, the tree is still in the parking lot, resting on the person's car.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm stunned that a tree remains on someone's car after two days. If that had been my car, I'd be a vocal tenant to the mgmt. and my insurance representative. What if that car owner depended on that car for driving to work or someone to medical appointments?

As for coverage on auto due to falling tree--it would be worthwhile to ask your insurance company. There could be a specific rider one has to purchase to cover such incidents.
    matrix82 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Omg insane!! I wonder why they have left it for so long?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Omg insane!! I wonder why they have left it for so long?
    I am wondering the same thing. It is still there, 55 hrs later. All I know is that i am not parking near it. I almost feel like asking the company on their twitter feed what they are going to do with the tree. I wonder if maybe the person's insurance is sending out an adjustor or something to see the car.
    Use this link

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Gladly no one was hurt in your area. It was so for a Mr. Stapleton, who lived in our area.

Greater Toronto Area.

Clarington man killed when tree falls on vehicle

CLARINGTON -- A freak act of nature resulted in the death of a 68-year-old Clarington man Saturday afternoon.

William Stapleton, of Concession Rd. 8, Clarington, was driving a 2012 GMC Sierra in the area of White Road and Concession 8 in Kendal at about 4 p.m. on Sept. 8 when a strong gust of wind caused a large tree to fall onto his vehicle.
    The tree took out power lines, which cross the roadway at the site from the east to the west side of the road. Emergency crews arrived to find the passenger compartment of the vehicle collapsed from the impact of the fallen tree.
    Mr. Stapleton was pronounced dead at the scene. Collision investigators from the traffic services were called and the roadway was closed for several hours to collect evidence and conduct the investigation.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is awful.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

how was this resolved? i hope the company had to pay the damages. not responsible for damages in the parking lot is one thing but it was their tree that caused the damage.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It took them 2 weeks to remove the tree, and the squashed car, was just removed about three weeks ago. I actually messaged the property management company about my own concerns about the tree's as right now there are four tree's of similar size which have been knocked over in the wind but leaning against other tree's. I really do not think the tree's are safe any longer judging how many are fallen over. I think it is only a matter of time before another car is squashed by a tree. I just hope that no one is hurt when it happens again. The company has not gotten back to me about this concern.
    Use this link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information