User Tag List

Page 1656 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 656 1156 1556 1606 1646 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1666 ... LastLast
Results 24,826 to 24,840 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hey RC keep at it. Don't let any setbacks get you down.

Off to work and after work pick up my order from m&m foods.

The pre-sale for Timmins residents for that big week long show continues until 6pm tonight before they open it up to everyone else. First day ticket sales were at 1.9 million dollars. Not bad for a small city of 42,000 people. and the show isn't until end of june..
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone....
    @22hicks, I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose a loving Husband, and this time of year must bring back so many sad memories. I hope you find the joy in the season once again..I always feel our loved ones would want us to remember them with precious and happy memories, sharing the happiness of the season with our families.
    Easier said than done at times, I know...I lost my Dad on December 22nd, but it's been a long enough time that I now toast him, and smile at the memories I have of that wonderful man.
    Not the same as losing a Husband, and I can only guess at how raw that still feels for you. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, Hicks.

@Redneck Charger, sounds like you had a good physio day!! Was that a 'tens' machine that they used on you? I've never seen anything with suction cups...although it sounds like the same principle as a 'tens'. I've used mine at home after my other surgeries, and had that done several times at physio, although not with this surgery. I have that bike at home in my living-room and try to use it as much as possible, but jeepers....why is it so hard to actually DO what we have to do?!
    Bless your heart and keep on keepin' on!

It's 0 degrees out there this morning, DH is out running errands and asked me if I want to go, but gah...it's such a hassle to get ready to go out, have him hauling out my walker or wheelchair to every store....maybe I'll just ask to go to WM this afternoon for a couple of wee things I need, and just to poke around at the Christmassy stuff...just to get OUT! and not go to the hospital for physio! Seems like weather-wise, it's a good day to go out there.

Enjoy your FRIDAY, everyone! Stay well, stay safe.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2016 at 11:24 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ouch!! @Natalka ....just read back about your DS hand mishap. That sounded like it sure smarted! Hopefully the healing will come fast enough for him and he'll be back to full strength and his normal duties as well.
    Odd days here, between one of my pups suffering from diarrhea, dragging him to the vet after the 4th day of this and now have him on tablets and new food to taking my own DS to the Dr. for his foot.
    ( he slipped on something wet...maybe leaves? while walking down the subway steps apparently ) and in mid air fly made the decision to leap over the last 4 stairs landing very hard on his left heel, which I guess is way better than falling onto your back.
    Xrays and follow up means he will now miss a few days of work ( his entire workday involves walking the length of the dock back and forth ), and no modified jobs are available there.

Bummer.

Feeling excited though that 2 online Xmas gifts are showing " to be delivered today " in the tracking system!! C'mon mailman...make my day!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, walks, hoping your son is okay - landing hard on a heel can be really painful and it's easy to break. One of my BILs fell off a ladder once, landed on his heel and totally smashed his foot to smithereens.
    Hoping your puppy is well again, too.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

OUCH, @walkonby !! Your poor son and pup! I hope both of them get better quickly! Poor muffins...

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gosh, walks, hoping your son is okay - landing hard on a heel can be really painful and it's easy to break. One of my BILs fell off a ladder once, landed on his heel and totally smashed his foot to smithereens.
    Hoping your puppy is well again, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    OUCH, @walkonby !! Your poor son and pup! I hope both of them get better quickly! Poor muffins...
    awww, ty both ladies for your posts, we're thankful the xrays showed nothing broken, he must deal with the redness and swelling, along with the pain of stepping down for a few days. Often a bad bruising or a severe sprain can seem worse than a broken bone.
    I will have to remind myself not to call on him to haul anything up or down the stairs for me....as he has been my " go to guy " for that.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry walks, good to see xrays showed nothing broken. My co-worker showed up to work at 7am. As he was getting out of his van he slipped on the ice in our parking lot. He then dropped his big coffee thermos and his head hit the thermos lol. He's ok, nothing broken. He's sore but even laughing about it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=22hicks;6717755]RNC, Lynn, Loocie - I pray for each of you every day.

It's been a rough few days for me. Yesterday was the anniversary of my Husband's passing. I haven't slept well at all, and have spent a couple of hours at the cemetery for the past 3 days. A sad time of year for me.

December 1st already. I hope it's been a good one for each of you.

Attachment 323324
    [/QUOTE

so sorry hear news that it's your husbands passing anniversary.. sending my thoughts and prayers to you sweetie.. take good care yourself.. yesterday it was 3 years since my dad's funeral service dec 1 .. I know how you feels .. it's been 3 years ..it still feels like it was yesterday.. I was so close with my dad and only daughter.Take care yourself and God Bless

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks!
    Christmas is taking "hold" of all of us - nice, from my point of view. I found a "pencil" tree at Michael's on a "One day only" sale and it is now glistening nicely in our front hall. I had purchased 3 wooden trees last Jan. at Sear's clearance at the Outlet Store in Chatham. - .50 each. Each one had a few wooden ornaments on them - tiny enough to use on this new tree. When I get all of my decor over the next two days from where it's been stashed at friend's and relative's homes. My dad had made me some small wooden Christmas trees long ago. (He was a cabinet-maker/woodshop teacher.) Those will finish off the front hall decorations.

DH starts a new round of chemo tomorrow. Our oncologist is hopeful that he can help DH be more comfortable while we are waiting to see the lasting effects of the radiation treatments. Wish us luck! DH's son will be visiting the weekend after next and his daughter at the end of December. I am trying to make our house as "festive" as I can, as early as I can to stretch out the celebratory feeling.

Cabbie, I am so glad that there are supports for you when you need them.

Lynn - I am so happy that you are making good progress - be careful in "stretching" your limits. Christmas is just around the corner. You want to be "flexible" and strong for all your wonderful family celebrations.

Well, "Advent Calendar" openings start tomorrow. Will you be around to see your grandson open his first "bag"?

Natalka - I had a laugh at your cat's expense! - Sorry - I remember when living in Sudbury they came by and shut off our water WHILE I WAS IN THE SHOWER! Suds on head and all. Good thing that we had some water in the kettle!

Have a good Thursday!

Hi avon .. sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.. hope and pray that everything works out with his chemo treatment.. thinking about you's !! keeping you's in my prayers Take care yourself too

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So my cousin that actually works in australia was in Timmins today. They had sent me a facebook message while I was at work that they had a bag to drop off for me. I can't get facebook at work though. Anyway he dropped the bag off at another cousins place before heading to sudbury. That cousin will get the bag to me at some point lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

oh, cabbie, too bad you missed seeing him!

Happy Caturday, everyone!

Talked with my son yesterday - his hand was better he said, but of course then he did stuff at work he probably shouldn't have - learned a lesson there, duh!

Hope each of you finds time for a snuggle today!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ladies... @Natalka @walkonby I hope all your siblings are feeling better..... @Lynn49 I hope YOU feel better and have a GREAT weekend.... @cabmonk I hope YOU get your BIG parcel soon, and that YOU also have a GREAT weekend... @avoncallingu I pray for YOU and your husband and family, God Bless YOU all... @Newfiescreech Thank YOU for always worrying about all of us, and always sending out nice vibes... God Bless YOU!!!

I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... Dress warm where it's suppose to get colder like this region... God Bless YOU all....

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

@Redneck Charger & @Lynn49 - happy to hear you're both coming along in physio; I can imagine how tough it is, but it sounds like you both are working hard at getting better. Keep up the good work.

@cabmonk - that's such a shame you missed your cousin, esp. since they came from Australia.

@Newfiescreech - than you for all your prayers. So many need them, it's nice of you to keep us in your thoughts.

@Natalka - glad you DS's hand is some better, but it still a shame he has to go through such pain.

@walkonby - I'm sorry to hear about your pups. I hope the meds are helping. Now, your DS - wow, that sounds like it could have been a real serious injury. Glad it's not broken, but I do believe it's much more painful than a break. I hope he heals fast.

@Lynn49 - losing your Mom on the 22nd (my b/day) must have been an absolutely horrible Christmas. It is easier as the years go by, but I'm not yet at the point that I just remember the good times. I still picture, an relive, his last day, and dying in my arms.

@avoncallingu - I pray your DH tolerated the chemo treatments, and eases his symptoms somewhat. It's so exhausting for you watching him suffer, and doing everything you can to make your home a happy place, with all the extras that entails. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope you all have a great w/end.

Name:  hello December.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  28.8 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@walkonby - I don't know if you saw this.

According to a report on Twitter by Brian Bilek of
    FutureSox.com, the Houston Astros are to sign Edwin Encarnacion.
    Many other reports state that Encarnacion is expected to sign soon.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh yeah @22hicks , he went to sudbury now to see his wife and kids and then a few days off at home before he goes back to australia.

Thread Information