User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Saw the bars 2 days ago.... didn't bother getting any .. went back today ... my big mistake ... ALL gone.
    so who scored?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Im so confused! I don't even have an optium card lol! But it's not to late to get the bonus pts if they have some product left right? Just wondering if I should get a card???? HELP!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is a better deal if you are purchasing the bars with points. If you're paying cash, you will be paying $8.00 plus tax to get 8000 points. 8000 points is worth roughly $16.00 on a bonus redemption week-end such as this week-end was (25,000 points = $50)
    The thing that people are not mentioning in talking about this deal is that these bars are selling at WM for $1.28, so .70 less per chocolate bar. If you are buying the bars with cash, you still come out ahead, but not by as much as it appears, because you are paying more for the bars than you would pay elsewhere.
    I bought 4 this afternoon in Bedford and there were lots left at that store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

It says something in the flyer about getting 50 000 ps when you open a RBC account. So wondering if that would be worth it or not? Maybe the account would have a monthly fee? I already have an RBC account, but don't have shoppers optium card. I could use the pts given to buy the bars and get more pts???? I've already mised bonus redemption, so what are my 50 000 pts going to be worth if I open an account?? Thanks for all your help!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

The account has a monthly fee and there is some fine print before you get the points ( you have to use custom switch, pay two bills and add your pay to the account)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd get the Optimum card, then you would have it for other bonuses that come up. There is no cost to get it.
    Last edited by Shell_seeker; Sun, Sep 9th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Going to look into the account tomorrow. Scotia bank is charging me up the yingyang in monthly fees. I've been thinking about switching banks anyways. We already pay bills and have pays going into that account, so just switching banks so I don't have to deal with 2 banks would be nice. Royal bank waves our monthly charge for some reason, so that account costs me nothing now. Worth looking into! Thanks everyone. I will let you al know what I found out.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can avoid monthly fees at banks by maintaining a minimum monthly balance. My account at Scotiabank requires a minimum of $1500...which is all I leave them with.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep us posted. I've been thinking of opening one of those accounts to get the points too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Ok. So I spent about 15 minutes having all of this explained to me at Shoppers. Basically, you fill out the form for the optium card and can start using it right away. You then can apply on line for the RBC bank account. There is a 10.95 monthly fee. When you have your pay cheque moved into the account from another account they give you 50 000 pts. You get an extra 10 000 pts if you have your automatic debits (bills coming out automatically) moved from another account to your new RBC account. You have to close your old account to get the pts. Then when you use your debit card anywhere you get shoppers optium pts. The account has unlimited debits also.When you apply for your new RBC account online you need to have your optium card to enter into the system, so you get pts anywhere you use your debit card, at any store, on any purchase! They also told me you get pts on perscriptions, the full value of your perscriptions, even if your medical pays for them. So when you use your RBC debit card you get even more pts at shoppers then if you just used your optium card. If your like me I use my debit card a million times a month, so the pts could add up that way without even making a purchase at shoppers! I think I will probably do this because I was thinking about moving my other account to Royal bank anyway, so why not! I wont get the 50 000 pts in time for the chocolate bars, lol, but I will have it to use at Christmas time when they have another bonus redemption. Lastly, 8000 pts equals $10 so if you wanted to pay for your first 4 bars you would earn enough pts for your next 4??? hhhmmmm!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky5 View Post
    Im so confused! I don't even have an optium card lol! But it's not to late to get the bonus pts if they have some product left right? Just wondering if I should get a card???? HELP!!!!

No optimum card?? You don't like free money???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    No optimum card?? You don't like free money???
    LOL, I almost never buy anything at shoppers!!! So I figured why bother??? I usually PM their sales at walmart and get an extra 10% off with my daughters staff discount. Most of their prices are way higher then Walmart, and I'm not one to buy something just to get pts. That being said, I would have would have done the chocolate bar thing i I would have had the pts to buy it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the update on the bank account. After reading some of the posts in the Brag section, I feel like I under did it on the chocolate bars, but I would have probably eaten most of them anyway, which would not be a good thing. . . lol

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

So if you buy 4 bars you get 8000 bonus points. So yoi could just keep going back everyday and get 4 more bars with the points from the first 4?

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information