• 1 Post By luckbealady
  • 2 Post By luckbealady
  • 2 Post By RebeccaRYoung
  • 2 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By Insane

Thread: Rotten experience with Kidsteals/babysteals

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I ordered 4 kid friendly nail polishes from them. They were packed 2 in one package. When I opened the box I noticed that one nail polish from each bag had leaked all over. I emailed the company and they just told me to wash it off. No mention of any kind of refund or credit at all even though I paid for full product which I didn't receive because a bunch leaked out. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them and I'm sure they can see that in their system. It just seems like they don't care. I'm just frustrated
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is there a number you can call to complain?

I would definitely try contacting them again explaining that due to their faulty packaging the product you received is not the full product you paid for.

To say just wash it off is ridiculous. I could understand them wanting you to mail it back (which would probably be at your expense). But to do absolutely nothing is incredibly poor customer service, and I wouldn't bother ordering from them again (and I'd tell them that).
    trinity991 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Also, did you email them with pictures? If you can, take pictures of the products in the box, in the same state they came in.

I had a ball of mozzarella cheese from Silani that went moldy in my fridge, though it remained unopened and was supposed to be good until 2013. I emailed their customer service with the pictures attached, and received a $5 coupon (which is great considering I informed them I only paid about $1.99 for it). Of course this is a completely different company from what you're dealing with, but I think sending the pictures really helped.
    trinity991 and RebeccaRYoung like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I would call and complain to customer service. luckbealady's idea of taking pictures is a good one. They may ask you to send the items back at your expense (which I've run into with other companies). This may end up being expensive and not really worth it.
    matrix82 and trinity991 like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I did send them pictures and the person from customer service said what a mess and to clean it off with water. I emailed her back saying I was very displeased and feel I wasn't offered any kind of compensation or credit for their faulty packaging. I'll see what they say.
    Luckbealady, I'm glad you got a coupon for the cheese. I found mold in a sealed container of ricotta but I didn't think to take pictures or contact customer service. I actually think it was from the same brand you had a mold issue with.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trinity991 View Post
    I did send them pictures and the person from customer service said what a mess and to clean it off with water. I emailed her back saying I was very displeased and feel I wasn't offered any kind of compensation or credit for their faulty packaging. I'll see what they say.
    Luckbealady, I'm glad you got a coupon for the cheese. I found mold in a sealed container of ricotta but I didn't think to take pictures or contact customer service. I actually think it was from the same brand you had a mold issue with.
    I threw it out to start with, then pulled it out of the trash. When I sent my email I mentioned that I really liked their cheese and the prices. Then I went into how I was disappointed that it went bad and that I was sending the email to possibly pinpoint any issues in their production process. I didn't ask for compensation, because I wasn't super concerned about it. I just sent the email to see what would happen.

I was sent an email back asking for the lot number and exact expiry date and if I could remember the place I bought it from and the price I paid. And I think I was honestly more flattered that they hand wrote my address on the envelope they sent me the coupon in than even getting the coupon at all! (Even though they missed a number in my house address )
    matrix82 and trinity991 like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My love affair with those type of sites is over. I found firstly I bought stuff cause it was "on sale" but we probably really didn't need it. I had a similar experience on babysteals too. My item's packaging was all damaged. They offered to mail me a label to send it back and once they got it back they'd send a new one or credit me 1/2 the shipping for my next order. I took the 1/2 the shipping option since I figured it would be months before I ever saw the item again. Considering the amount I paid in shipping I would have expected it to arrive in good shape. I've ordered from mamabargains I few times too. Generally I just find the items to be of poor quality. Already complained about my son's tshirt (which they send me a new one) but it faded pretty fast too. I've just found the items I ordered weren't worth the money I spent on them (even at the discounted price). From now on I'll only buy brands I know off those sites. I've been eyeing zulily since it's flat rate shipping and they sell a few brands I know (like Alex toys). But I haven't taken the plunge yet.
    trinity991 likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Insane, I agree that the low prices make buying things on those sites more tempting and buying stuff you don't really need. I should stop even looking at those sites!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trinity991 View Post
    Insane, I agree that the low prices make buying things on those sites more tempting and buying stuff you don't really need. I should stop even looking at those sites!
    I don't check as often anymore. It was just too tempting and not really worth it. I have a few brands marked on Zulily so that if they come on they'll email me.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Did you hear back from them?

Thread Information