User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Cadbury Surprise

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't have an issue with this. They were smart, others were not.
    That's the same as being annoyed at people who are rich because they're rich.
    Judyhill and couponmamaof03 like this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I agree with nicolethepickle(although, I'm curious if you are related to the "thepickles" who emigrated to the Miramichi area of New Brunswick in the early 1950's? Cucumber pickers all....

Regardless, yes, nobody's business but the ad posters/buyers.

You snooze, you lose. They didn't.

Myself, I snoozed, but I am not snarking. Craving some chocolate maybe, but never from that <removed comment> couch..........
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: please refrain from rude comments, thanks

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Figures this would happen. I just contacted our local food bank to make a chocolate donation. I'm happy with the points I got.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Oh for heavens sake you could probably go into any Value village and find that vintage gem!!!!!
    Ahh... yes, that couch for sure could be found at any value village or curb........ but the odds of getting that same (removed) couch, AND the same (removed) throw next to it......... *unlikely*

Plus, come on.... Halloween is around the corner.... tell me, what kids JAW wouldn't DROP to find a gem like that in their bag!!! We'd get excited when we got a full sized candy bar as a kid, it would make their night to get a family sized one. I didn't get in on the chocolate deal, my husband is gone up north again and I wasn't carting 3 kids around Calgary in search of Chocolate bars ( I may once hubby comes home in a few days ) but if I do manage to get some, kids on my block will be happy campers on Halloween, I certainly wouldn't take that joy from 40 kids for $20!! ( what the seller is selling them for )
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Too funny, you are one observant girl! I wasn't trying to insult you Jenny whatsoever, my apologies. I just find the whole selling of chocolate bars on Kijiji creepy and weird. I couldn't imagine checking out Kijiji and saying to my husband "hey honey I am off to buy 100 Cadbury bars from a complete stranger" I am pretty sure he would have me committed.

And you are right about the kiddies being thrilled on Halloween, I keep picturing toddlers dragging massive bags of chocolate bars down the street with all the people that are planning to give these out! Me included!
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: removed quote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think i know who this is.. I live right near them.. ugh so shameful.. I bought 120 bars but i bake and make chocolate stuff so its gret deal for me:D

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by slandry86 View Post
    I think i know who this is.. I live right near them.. ugh so shameful.. I bought 120 bars but i bake and make chocolate stuff so its gret deal for me:D
    Baking is another good use too!! No need to sell something you already profited on. I go overboard on Easter ( along with every other holiday ) and by the time the kids are sick of eating chocolate there is still loads left over, I freeze it, I never have to buy chocolate chips for baking because I always chop up the bunnies and use them. I make brownies, fudge, cakes chocolate sauce, and so many other things with left over chocolate.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This is sooo bizarre to me. I would never consider buying food from a stranger online! Though I saw last week that someone from my town was trying to sell their vibrator on Kijiji. GROSS!!!!!!

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    This is sooo bizarre to me. I would never consider buying food from a stranger online! Though I saw last week that someone from my town was trying to sell their vibrator on Kijiji. GROSS!!!!!!
    EWWWW!!!

That is soooo wrong!!!!!
    Speckled28 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I should have also stressed that I did NOT come across that ad online by looking for things of that nature! It was listed under "New Ads" LOL
    Eva-M, lilo0003 and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I should have also stressed that I did NOT come across that ad online by looking for things of that nature! It was listed under "New Ads" LOL
    LOL
    Now that you mention I start having more doubts!
    Speckled28 and JenC like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    I don't have an issue with this. They were smart, others were not.
    That's the same as being annoyed at people who are rich because they're rich.
    It's not the fact that they're selling the item point-blank is really the problem. The issue is that people who purchase things at a very deep discount (or in this case, profit off them) and try to resell them at more than they paid to make money from them is annoying to people because if they legitimately wanted or needed a few for their family or own use, possibly could not get any because this person took as many as they could muster to turn around and make a profit.

I can almost guarantee people who are selling bought more than what they're showing. Usually it's the gross kinds in the picture, they probably bought the store limit of each UPC, and kept the good ones and are selling the rest to make profit.
    Last edited by Chantel; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't see anything wrong with this, it is the same as letting friends and family shop in your stockpile.

I personally would not buy chocolate from a stranger on kijiji, and am staying away from this deal because I want to lose weight, not add it on.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    It's not the fact that they're selling the item point-blank is really the problem. The issue is that people who purchase things at a very deep discount (or in this case, profit off them) and try to resell them at more than they paid to make money from them is annoying to people because if they legitimately wanted or needed a few for their family or own use, possibly could not get any because this person took as many as they could muster to turn around and make a profit.
    I've been trying to understand the hoopla around the kijiji post so I thank you, Chantel, for this explanation . I'm having difficulties understanding something though . How would this case be different from someone who's bought hundreds of these bars, donated them to others, and also profited from doubling their bonus points resulting in hundreds of redemption dollars? Is that not a pure profit as well?

So the persons who bought hundreds of bars and who are made martyrs of because of the donations made (regardless of the profited points mentioned above) are considered wonderful yet this person isn't? Yes, both profit but, who has profited the most? Who had the greater chance of preventing others from taking advantage of this deal? Which is the worse evil?

I'm in no way judging anyone but, I'm just trying to understand what's acceptable practice and what's not .

Edited to add: my questions aren't aimed directly at you, Chantel. Really at anyone who can help me figure this out.
    Last edited by snuffaluffagus; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Snuffaluffagus,

Well said - i think anyone who stockpiled 100's of these was abusing the intent of this offer to get free points. Why isn't anyone buying the $3.49 RITZ, or the $3.49 gum (which can essentially be free with a 95,000 redemption) - the reason, b/c you don't receive FREE money.

So while i'm not judging anyways, i think A LOT of people abused this offer.

I think SDM screwed up - essentially giving away free money - but, there are definitely a large amount of people who took advantage of the misguided action of SDM.

Andrew.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information