User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Cadbury Surprise

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    For me it's just personal feeling. I've been hit hard by manufacturers stopping stacking because people were reselling what they bought at LD for free, so I'm a little touchy on the subject.
    I am starting to understand other's perspectives on this. I just hope people understand my own. What I will share is that I NEVER cleared any shelf in ANY store. I always left bars for others, and plenty at that. However I will also share that I went to more than 1 store. I could have easily saved myself some time and cleared out a single store rather than save some for others.

In my personal experience, what I ended up doing was buy for example 32 bars, and the rest groceries , etc. This ended up lessening how many points I actually used to redeem. Of course, early in the day I didn't know you coudl redeem for points and still get bonus. At that point the promotion was hardly that great with all the mark up at SDM.

So to all those who hate what I did, I really feel bad as I think you have been mistaken by my 'hoarding'. This was no different to me than a 20x the points event where I stocked up on toilet paper to get more points for more toilet paper. The only difference is that the items was chocolate, which I don't really eat. But points are points.
    Judyhill and michigan803 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And before you judge everyone else other than me who ended up posting on kijiji - just because its on kijiji, doesn't make them a bad person. Money doesn't grow on trees. I have a single income and the shoppers points I made will help out at the end of the day. If you want to pick on someone, pick on all the people who turn these points into buying electronics they don't need or even worse, selling those electronics to others who don't need them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do not understand why people are getting upset over other's selling the product
    It is their product, they should do with it as they please, and if they want to make money from it - whatever.

Besides you can guess and assume all you want, who's to say they got the chocolate from shoppers drug mart? I would be curious to see members getting points revoked for attempting to sell overstock of chocolates which they will not use

As for stevstevd - he went through the trouble of getting the product, bringing it home, paying for it - why shouldn't he be able to break-even or profit from it? Not our business really

Let's stop judging each other

Just my two cents

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Four SDMS in my shopping range and they are all cleared out.

I've just lost 15lbs and really wanted ONE Fruit and Nut bar to go with my Rebus novel and my afternoon off. Looks like I'm going to have to hit the blackmarket or London Drugs.
    harbie and thriftygranny like this.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is illegal I believe! I also didn’t know about this deal but if any of you are roaking chocolate bars I humbly volunteer to be a receiver

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have edited several comments in this thread, no matter what you think of a person selling items, please refrain from rude comments about people's homes, weight etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Did Honey Boo Boo and her family move to Cornwall?
    lol...too funny...black market chocolate from cornwall Ont. I find this more hilarious then upsetting.
    this must be one desperate person, I think people sometimes forget that there is a right way to coupon, get points and theres a wrong way. so sad that there's more and more people who tend to abuse it.
    harbie and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I wonder if you can report these things? Of course, there is no way to prove they bought it at Shoppers.
    You can with this ad : http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ411976516

As for the "it's no big deal to sell them and make some $" and "you snooze you loose" and "it's no different than selling your stockpile to your friends and family" Actually it is a big deal and it is strictly against the SDM Optimum rules:

9. Shoppers Optimum Membership is only available to individuals. Except for organizations
    participating in the “Donate your Points” program and represented by a trustee, Shoppers Optimum membership will not be available to corporations, businesses, charities, partnerships, enterprises or anyone other than an individual, unless written approval is received in advance from Shoppers Drug Mart, in its sole discretion. Shoppers Optimum Points will not be awarded if in Shoppers Drug Mart’s reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale or commercial use and any Shoppers Optimum Points awarded on such purchases will be forfeited. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to limit Shoppers Optimum Points awarded with respect to any offer or promotion to reasonable household quantities. If a Shoppers Optimum Member was awarded points for an offer or promotion in which a Member purchased product in excess of reasonable household quantities, the Shoppers Optimum Points awarded as a result of that offer or promotion may be forfeited without prior notice

I think if you either read the fine print for store flyers and or their website they also don't allow "resale" of their products. I don't think it's ok to "sell" your stockpile either whether it's to family or friends.

JMHO

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

ewwww I wouldn't want to buy chocolate from a random on kijiji.
    they could be one of those weirdos who likes to poison food and re-wrap the packages!
    hey it could happen! lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Agree Totallly!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Shoppers Optimum Points will not be awarded if in Shoppers Drug Mart’s reasonable opinion the merchandise purchased will be used for resale or commercial use and any Shoppers Optimum Points awarded on such purchases will be forfeited.
    I wonder how can Shoppers make indictment for items that are sold from other stores. I understand claiming for "Life" products but other brands? huh!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

If shopper's doesn't have an issue with people buying 100 bars, then why should we? If I had the money, I would go buy 100 bars right now. Some people actually bought the bars at the 2/4.00 price and paid with cash for the points too. Not everyone is getting them free either. As I understand, its a few bucks to pay all the taxes on this stuff. Am I wrong? I just want to buy like 4 bars so I can get to my cashout. I dont want like 200 or anything close. But I'm not hating on anyone for taking advantage of this deal. Buying 8 or buying 80, its first come first served. What people choose to do with this merchandise, is up to them IMO. This is a site to save and make money, not to judge or start personal wars about chocolate bars. If shoppers wanted to even the playing field, they should have imposed limits and I'm sure they will have more stock by the time this promo is done.

I'm more concerned about everyone complaining and then they stop running these promo's altogether.
    Last edited by gameprogirl; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    GoJays, lilo0003, Judyhill and 2 others like this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

People unless you have walked in someone elses shoes don't judge them. Maybe she is just scraping by, now of us really know.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I have no issues with people getting 200 if that's what they want( I just hope to get 4). The issue is with people selling them. Way back before that show extreme couponing aired we(couponers) got some stares and comments but since the show it has become worse and if people use the system to not only benefit from the point promo that the company offers but if they sell and profit monitarily it is only a matter of time for stores to either stop these promos altogether or impose super strict limits/rules which will affect everyone.

Obviously SDM doesn't have issues with the quantities purchased but I'm sure they would if they were aware of people selling and profiting from it just like LD with stacking.

Again I want to clarify that I am NOT attacking or putting anyone down for doing it I am only stating that I don't feel it is right to make $$$ off of it as it will only bite all of us in the "you know what" in the end

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

someones gotta take the last ones off the shelves lol
    why do people get soo pissed if they are all finished off the shelves?
    so what... its not someones problem u didnt get their earlier.......
    anyways i truly think someones gotta take the last one . whether its a coupon....
    an item off the shelf... OR whether its the last piece of brownie off the plate at a party!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information