User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree515Likes

Thread: Potential Chocolate Promo Problems (renamed)

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tida View Post
    My mom when to Shopper today to buy the Cadbury and she didn't get any points. I spoke to the cashier and she said it a glitch and the promotion is longer available. Anyone in Alberta having this problem?
    If the bars qualified for the bonus points, your mom should call Shoppers customer service and ask to have the points added.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

The bar does qualified and they said the promotion is no longer available. I wonder if the promotion for the Cadbury is pulled from Alberta. The 21 districts someone mention.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know whats happening in the rest of Canada but the promo is working just fine in the Hamilton - Niagara corridor or at least was 30 minutes ago.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The bar does qualified and they said the promotion is no longer available. I wonder if the promotion for the Cadbury is pulled from Alberta. The 21 districts someone mention.
    It's a national promotion. Call 1-800-SHOPPERs and ask them to add the points.

Someone mentioned 21 stores in one district, in central Alberta. You are in Edmonton? Which store told you the promotion was no longer available?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No need to apologize. I think you were trying to help but it is misinformation because nothing is confirmed. Way too much panic around this promo. I'm gonna lay off these threads and stick to the shoppers fb page for actual information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    sorry if i have offended anyone with my post. Was just sharing something that had happened with me at my shoppers and what the store told me, and what the head office has told me, and what a second shoppers store has told me this morning.

If it sounds like i was panicing over losing points, well yeah i guess i sorta am. I mean, sounds like there is a "possibility" of losing all the points i thought i had profitted, thats not a big deal. But to lose 75,000 points i redeemed is a big deal for me because i try to use most my points for Christmas gifts. Clearly this promo is still going strong in other areas, thats is awesome.

suppose i should have kept this info to myself. But for those in my area ( of 21 shoppers ) maybe just ask before you buy 40 bars, you might be redeeming alot of points but get very little few back in return.

Cheers ^_^

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just bought 4 packs and got 8000 pts. There is no limit in my store. They have at least 50 packs more.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

The one on 137th Ave. NW

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cocapoo View Post
    I just bought 4 packs and got 8000 pts. There is no limit in my store. They have at least 50 packs more.
    Mine also has tons in stock , but they have now imposed a limit of 8 to keep the hoarders away

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went to my store and the sticker was still up. Bought 16 and redeemed at the $30(22000) level and got back 32000 points. Still works for me in Quebec.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The rep on the FB page is looking into stores refusing the sale of or points on the bars so it looks like its just some rogue stores.

A collective breath until we hear otherwise
    Insane, renegado and Mich649 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The one on 137th Ave. NW
    Thanks, that's one to avoid. Did you call and get the points added?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I was able to get the promo (in Moncton, New Brunswick) without any questions. My friend went to another store this morning (also in Moncton - different store) and was not able to get the 8000 points promo. The sales manager took the bars away from them and said it was a mistake from head office and they weren't giving the points. I'm I was able to get mine.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't understand why a cashier or manager would take the bars away from you. So customer don't get the bonus points. What happens if customer wants to buy them regardless if you get points. Want to lose a sale too?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    WHo knows? But the response on FB was not Yes, that's correct, the promotion is suspended. The response was Please give me more information about the location where this happened so that we can investigate.

I am the one who had the bars taken out of her hands.....I have looked at numerous stores just to get my hands on 8000 points and was unable to until this morning when I arrived at the store when they opened. And I was in the middle of picking out the flavors that I wanted, when the manager came and told me that he was not able to sell them. I have received an email from Shoppers indicating that they are investigating this.

Again, the promotion has not been suspended -- as far as we know. It seems, here and there, a few local managers are telling stories to get potential hoarders to leave their stores.
    AND I am not a hoarder....nor am I cleaning the shelves. I only wanted 8 bars and haven't been able to get any yet.
    JeepChick84 likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    No need to apologize. I think you were trying to help but it is misinformation because nothing is confirmed. Way too much panic around this promo. I'm gonna lay off these threads and stick to the shoppers fb page for actual information.
    You actually made me chuckle! I think the facebook page is about as accurate as the National Inquirer. Although, I agree with you...Gonna lay off these kinda threads.
    ssbean, Mich649 and torontogal12 like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information