User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello, Does anyone have the website or phone number for the association regarding school fees? There was an article in the journal de Montreal this week with a web site but I cant find it for the life of me. I know that there's rules and regulations and there is an association that helps you figure out what the school is allowed to asked you to buy or not. DH is going to high school next year and they are asking all students to purchase a $500.00 tablet to start the year. I know they're not allowed to ask for the purchase of dictionaries and things like that but I don't know about electronics.

Thanks everyone.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Is it a private or public school?

500$ tablet for every body?????

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It's a public school. English school board. They're just talking about it now. But I also heard that other schools in the french school board want to do that to. They complain about the intelligent board saying they have not enough training but reach high school and all of a sudden they're computer savvy. They even refused a kid in the enriched program last year because his parents couldn't afford the $1500 specific completer they were requesting. No computer, no special program. I personally would have taken them to court if needed but not everyone sees things the same way. We only have 2 choices of high school and the other is becoming to tough, so I guess I'll have to fight "the system" somewhat. Pretty sure I wont be alone.

Thread Information