User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1273Likes

Thread: So Disappointed

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post
    I expect that answer from you i dont get mad like you try making people you have your own opinion and people have theirs thats lif we are all not going to agree on the same issues . Your study also varies from other studies so who is right and who is wrong ?? We will never know will we ??
    Then post your studies and I`ll read them.

The OP has been up for several hours now and no-one challenged it until I asked Jenny to support her assertion. And then you jumped on me in a very PA move.

I am merely asking for you and/or Jenny to show me studies which support your accusations towards , apparently, all welfare recipients.
    GoJays, jessep13, DianneS and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    <puts on mod hat and looks around suspiciously>
    guys come on, you know its only going to get locked, keep it respectful please
    I am trying to be respectful.....

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    yes....I'm very serious...I've seen with my own eyes people on welfare don't act like that...I've lived in areas where there's 100s of applicants for a job, any job.

Your personal experiences don't trump mine, sorry.

I know enough people who didn't spend with "welfare-fueled sex, drugs and alcohol" lives doing that. They saved and spent hourstrudging around looking for a job. They scrimped and saved to buy a new outfit for an interview they never got.

You might want to read this..

Drug testing the poor: Bad Policy, Even Worse Law

It's an American study.
    +1

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Jumped in ??? isnt that what you did lol thats funny you made me laugh alot thanks i needed that after a long day of working so i can pay those taxes to help people eat. What the difference theres millions xxx evidence on both sides as each area is different which one of the million would you like to see ???? lol Like i said before you think your opinion is right and some people think its wrong and some may think were both worng .. What would you like for me or anybody else who dissagrees to say your right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Then post your studies and I`ll read them.

The OP has been up for several hours now and no-one challenged it until I asked Jenny to support her assertion. And then you jumped on me in a very PA move.

I am merely asking for you and/or Jenny to show me studies which support your accusations towards , apparently, all welfare recipients.
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Sep 14th, 2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: please no bad language
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Can i have some popcorn ??

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sighs...no all I want is for you to provide me with a suitable study which supports the fact that the vast majority, if not all, of welare recipiants live drug and alcohol fueled lives..

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Drug testing for welfare in Canada does exist. GF moved from Hamilton to Fredericton NB maybe 3 months due to abusive situation and she went on welfare. She was warned that they might drug test her randomly. She got a job last week but she said she knew people who got drug tested there. So it will be a reality soon. They drug test for work so why not for welfare. If you fail a drug test for work you get fired same should happen or be put into rehab or meetings. You fail again after all that help you are off until you can prove you are clean.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

okay i just have to say,i think it should be moderated in a way that yes everyone should be drug tested and have their spending tracked so we know that those items they are supposed to buy with that account (debit card) are being bought,and other items that are not necessities for life are not.if you are an honest person having a drug test and your spending tracked shouldnt bother you....if you are violating the system you need to get a job to pay for these items...i think we can all agree we do not want to pay taxes for someone elses' bad habit,if they want those habits they can work like the rest of us.there is employment out there..ido not agree with whomever said they may be mentally unfit to work..no excuse.there are programs out there that give jobs to those with mental delays,i believe if you are disabled to the point of not being able to work that is different.thos people should qualify.

this issue has gone way out of line...i think we all need to realize people abuse systems put in place for honest people..if you have a problem with tracking your expenses using tax money,sorry about that,but we cannot just be a trusting society.if you arent doing anything wrong then this wont hurt you...i want those who abuse the system held accountable.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

~just your average nerd~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    My husband is required to do a drug test for his work, in order to pay taxes, in order to support welfare recipients..... but its against their rights to be tested for drugs to receive it?? Hrmm......

Also, yeah, if you want to quit drugs, you will. If you don't want to quit you wont.
    It appears to me that you see life in black and white. There doesn't seem to be any room for struggling, sometimes falling but getting back up and trying again. Have you ever thought about how many tries it may take for someone to scrape their way back out of hell? It's easy to say "just quit" when you have never been in that situation.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Sep 15th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I haven't read every post but thought to chime in here about work habits we teach our youth. Since when was it an acceptable practice to fund our kids university costs - I just don't get it. With one son graduated from the trades (mechanic), another about to finish off in trades and another finishing his sixth year of university, they all have had to fund their own education. Sure, it wasn't easy for them, but they knew early on from a young age of about 12 that the majority of their paper route money went to their savings for future university/college costs. They worked after school if their homework load allowed it and on Saturdays. One of our sons who is in his 6th and final year of university may need some financial help now to get him through this final year but he is out of debt. And he insists on paying us back if we need to help him out. And he started saving with just a paper route back in the day.....

It annoys me to no end to see youth hanging around doing nothing - get a paper route, mow lawns or volunteer..... The less a person does, the less they want to do. OK, end of my rant lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Are you serious?? I don't need a study, I have seen it with my own eyes. From my observation, aside from people who are sick, mentally ill or injured, there is no reason anyone NEEDS to be on it. There are plenty of jobs out there, they may not be the best jobs, or glamorous jobs, but there are jobs.

I have talked to people who wont take minimum wage jobs because "I won't make much more that I will on welfare" which is revolting because they wont WORK for money ( even thought its a more than they get from welfare ) because they make "almost" as much to do nothing.

I don't think beggars should be choosers. I think if theres a job, they should take it.

again though, this topic has been derailed, its not about who is on welfare, who shouldnt be on it and the many problems with the welfare system. Its about drug testing for people on welfare, and I'm strong in my opinion, if we ( tax payers ) are supporting them, they should be drug tested. We work far to hard to make money, and far to hard to save it to be spending on the drug, alcohol and smoking habits of people who don't work.
    The problem with statements like this is that they are based on anecdotal evidence that people "believe" to be true....not actual evidence that has been proven to be true. Do some people abuse social assistance? Absolutely. Is it fair, right or respectful to paint all social assistance recipients except the ones you deem to be 'worthy' with the same brush? Hardly....

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    It appears to me that you see life in black and white. There doesn't seem to be any room for struggling, sometimes falling but getting back up and trying again. Have you ever thought about how many tries it may take for someone to scrape their way back out of hell? It's easy to say "just quit" when you have never been in that situation. And really, a chocolate cake addiction is hardly comparable to a serious long-term drug problem.
    Do you read before make assumptions?? Obviously you dont!!!
    leavitts77 likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Do you read before make assumptions?? Obviously you dont!!!
    Yes...I read every one of your posts in this thread. While we have all probably have things we have "just said no" to in our lives, I am willing to bet that they absolutely pale in comparison to a serious long-term drug addiction, especially if (for example) it's the result of a horribly abusive, dysfunctional childhood that didn't equip you to cope with life.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I try not to judge others I haven't walked in there shoes,To hate people because of there circumstances fills us with hate, I try my best to be happy and not judge what I don't know for sure!nor do I smoke or drink or on welfare,I am no better than someone who is!
    Last edited by glenglen; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
    jessep13, ssbean, DianneS and 6 others like this.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information