User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: SDM Promo Once Per Card Starting Fri 14

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

SO.....Is anyone interpreting this as ONE transaction throughout the promotion?
    limit of one 8000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points offer per customer with the purchase of any four (4) participating Kraft products until the end of the promotional period,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by paula0000 View Post
    wow i dont see this promo as a loophole at all! the same type of promo went on i think 2 summers ago with loreal hair products and the year before that with bonus points on greeting cards. Both of those times the points earned from buying the products were worth well over the value of the products. Both of those times people were reselling the products etc etc and yet here we are again. It is not up to me to decide if kraft and or sdm made money during that promo-my gosh that is not up to me- they hire very capable people to come up with promos. - was this a mistake? i dont think so- the third of the same kind of mistake in like 3-4 years? Nah
    The promo wasn't a mistake.

Not , anticipating the abuse was.

If it wasn't a loophole , they wouldn't have closed it and the promo would still be on , but its their fault that they didn't close the loophole fast enough, although they had plenty of time and opportunity to do so.
    Cuckoobird and lessthannat like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    SO.....Is anyone interpreting this as ONE transaction throughout the promotion?
    limit of one 8000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points offer per customer with the purchase of any four (4) participating Kraft products until the end of the promotional period,
    According to their SDM FB page you will still get them just one more time , but just 8,000 BP per card iirespective of whether you got a zillion points before Sep 14 or not.

So even if you got BP before Sep 14 , you will still get a one time 8,000 BP and they will be awarded on Sep 28 , whether you buy 4 , 8 or 400 , going forward Sep14 and later.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sat, Sep 15th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks I thought so!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Thanks I thought so!
    Yup , its confusing.

Even after this whole fiasco , they can't even get the wording right for the new rule as it can still be interpreted in so many different ways

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In my opinion, in the future, we might not be able to get bonus points attached to the products like we are getting now, I'm pretty sure they would fix it. NOt to mention the points value might be down to cover all this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    In my opinion, in the future, we might not be able to get bonus points attached to the products like we are getting now, I'm pretty sure they would fix it. NOt to mention the points value might be down to cover all this.
    They will be losing lots of customers if they take this path, IMO, they just have to be very careful next time. Plan their promos and offers strategically leaving no loopholes to be exploited.
    Natalka and Mich649 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    They will probably still give the BP , but the BP will probably appear at a later date for high value promos like these, so that the customers won't turn around instantly and redeem the BP they just got to get even more BP.

If the BP show up at a later date , its hard to exploit the loophole of getting BP when redeeming points.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Without going into details of what happened and what should have happened and whats happeneing now ......In my opinion SDM should have the limit on quantity bought on the very first week of this deal otherwise this would not have happened.lol. This is definately SHELF-CLEARERS :
    http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ414020749
    http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ413749629
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by moon18 View Post
    Without going into details of what happened and what should have happened and whats happeneing now ......In my opinion SDM should have the limit on quantity bought on the very first week of this deal otherwise this would not have happened.lol. This is definately SHELF-CLEARERS :
    LOL you could easily get 200 bars without clearing shelves and going to more than one store. The ritz and gum they only have a couple of. Besides once you own something it should be yours to do with as you please. For example when the wii fit came out no on could find them so when a shipment came in ppl bought them like crazy and then sold them online for double the price. The same thing happened with Furbies, and tickle me elmos. They then sold them online how is this any different. The difference here is that ppl are jealous because they couldn't wait. So those ppl wrecked a good thing by complaining about it. To funny.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Wow, I've been away and have no idea what's going on....but it seems interesting!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

lol I would never buy food off some random person on Kijiji. $1 for the cadbury lol, you can get it at the dollar store for the same price and no buying from a strange person you don't know
    Quote Originally Posted by moon18 View Post
    pippinelkhound and Doda like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just my two cent....

This could be a loopholes or it's could be brilliant marketing strategy. Even with paying hundreds or thousand dollars to people who goes and clearshelves, but there are thousand more people who doesn't always step foot to SDM, end up going to SDM for the past week.

SDM becoming one of the most talk about in everyone household, word of mouth to people and explain to other how the optimum points work is FREE advertisement for them. Specially all online forum is probably talking about SDM and how great the OPTIMUM rewards program. In addition, people who never have a card may even go register for a new card.

Shopper drugs mart corporate is worth almost 9 billions, so I think couple millions to celebrate their 50th anniversary is nothing to them. Even with all the abuse, unfortunately people clear shelves and didn't allow the same opportunity for other customer to celebrate what they anticipate to return to their loyal customer.

Well that's my two penny.
    couponing4life likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

and once again I have gon and can't find any : ( I give up my butt dosn't need any chocolate anyway I think this is why I always get fed up trying to do BP
    pippinelkhound and moon18 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    and once again I have gon and can't find any : ( I give up my butt dosn't need any chocolate anyway I think this is why I always get fed up trying to do BP
    Aww! Sorry to hear that! I haven't even looked yet!

Seems to be the trend these days->the more the merrier or something. Glad I am doing most of my Christmas shopping early so I can avoid disappointed children. A little off topic but same rules apply. Don't even know what I would tell my oldest..Santa couldnt find your gifts? I heard this about people going crazy on the Barbies at WM anniversary sale!
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information