User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Secretly Hiring A House Cleaner

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So, I have a friend who has secretly hired a house cleaner to come and clean her house while she and her husband are at work.

I'm so tempted to do the same!
    My house is kept very clean most of the time, but wouldn't it be nice to have all those annoying, pesky cleaning jobs done for you after a hard day at work!

I don't think I'll actually do this. As I'm too cheap to hire someone else, but oh... a girl can dream
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good for her, and yes it would be nice!

I don't think it should have been done secretly, though - it's something her husband should know about, that she's feeling overloaded.
    linnyeg, abbasgirl, Insane and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know what you mean. I can dream about a house cleaner. I love when my partner gets in a housecleaning mood. He cleaned the kitchen and livingroom/dining room the other day when I was at work. I came back shocked. It was so nice to have a semi clean apartment. Now I've been trying to keep it clean.

I remember a friend in university used to hire a obsessive compulsive friend to clean her room. Worked well for both of them, the friend liked to clean and got a few dollars, and my friend got a cheap, trustworthy cleaner.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I don't see why she should do this "secretly". I have a cleaning lady that comes in every two weeks and this is nothing to be ashamed of when both people are working full-time jobs.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well,I no longer work full time,but I have cleaners come every week,and I don't feel the least bit guilty. I hate housework,but it's a must for me that my home is clean and beautiful...all..the..time. I spend my time doing things at home I like,such as cooking,baking,decorating,reading,painting,enterta ining,hobbies....

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am an RMT and before we moved I would trade, once a week a girlfriend of mine would send in 3 of her girls(she had a cleaning company), in exchange I would massage her or her husband once a week for an hour. IT WAS HEAVEN!
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

One of the neighbours has a cleaner come in every Friday at their place. They both work full time, but she is also a very large woman so I am assuming that some things are difficult for her to do, and her husband is either working, or off playing sports quite often.

I could never hire someone to come in & do anything. I have zero trust in people, and I am particular about how things are done around my home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    One of the neighbours has a cleaner come in every Friday at their place. They both work full time, but she is also a very large woman so I am assuming that some things are difficult for her to do, and her husband is either working, or off playing sports quite often.

I could never hire someone to come in & do anything. I have zero trust in people, and I am particular about how things are done around my home.
    I am when I'm doing them....but if someone else were going to do the housecleaning for me, I think I could manage to be a little flexible.
    pumpkin9211 likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm told the best day to have your house cleaned is a Monday as most families are out during the day and there's not much time after school/work to make much mess so the efffects last longer.
    rhinoswife and K8's Fate like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I did have a cleaning lady for a few months several years ago. She came Friday. It was lovely to come home from work to a perfectly clean house on Friday and to just enjoy the week-end. I would imagine, though, that having it done on a Monday would make the effect last a little longer.
    rhinoswife likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Hubby and I hired a house cleaner about 1.5 years ago. She comes every Friday. When both of us were working full-time it was heaven to come home and enjoy a clean house for the weekend.

Now that hubby is working full time and I am currently a stay at home wife.... we still have the same person come every Friday.

It is our treat to us. We budget for it. We love it.

We hated having to spend 1/2 of our Sat or Sun cleaning... now, we can spend that time doing something we like to do... together.

It works for us.

If only we could afford a Chef too

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I guess I'm very fortunate in that my hubby vacuums the entire house every Saturday morning.....once in a while, I have to get into the corners and do the 'toothbrush' clean job Now if I could only get him to clean bathrooms lol....
    rhinoswife likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    So, I have a friend who has secretly hired a house cleaner to come and clean her house while she and her husband are at work.

I'm so tempted to do the same!
    My house is kept very clean most of the time, but wouldn't it be nice to have all those annoying, pesky cleaning jobs done for you after a hard day at work!

I don't think I'll actually do this. As I'm too cheap to hire someone else, but oh... a girl can dream
    No you are not.

In fact depending on your profession and how much you make , it could be an expensive mistake to not hire a cleaning lady.

In economics there is something called ' opportunity cost ' — simply put, it’s the cost of missed opportunity.

The more time And energy you devote to housekeeping, the more money You miss out on earning.

It’s a problem because your earning capacity is or might be much greater than the cost of keeping a maid occasionally to do some household chores for you.

The time and energy you save can be used elsewhere to earn more money or otherwise
    avoncallingu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    The more time And energy you devote to housekeeping, the more money You miss out on earning.

It’s a problem because your earning capacity is or might be much greater than the cost of keeping a maid occasionally to do some household chores for you.

The time and energy you save can be used elsewhere to earn more money or otherwise
    If we look at the situation financially, it's debatable that paying someone else to do housework saves money, since housework is usually done when someone is not at work, therefore no money is coming in.

Granted, having the housework done when you come home provides more free time to do other things, but it's rarely for an activity that brings money in. For example, I work full time Monday to Friday from 8 to 4:30. I do my housekeeping on evenings and weekends. If I hired someone to do my housework, I wouldn't be out working extra hours evenings and Saturdays. So what's the economic advantage there?

The way I see it, doing the housework myself is free, while hiring someone is an extra expense for which I have to earn more money to pay (or sacrifice something else in the budget). In terms of life energy as explained in the book "Your Money or Your Life", it would cost me 4 hours of life energy to pay someone $40 to do my housework. I'm still ahead doing housework in two hours.
    LCF204 and PurpleBunny89 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

For those who hire cleaners, which company do you recommend and what's the rate? If it's a cleaner who does this on her own, what's the rate? I wonder if those house cleaning services offered on different deal sites do a good job.
    I need to get my bathfitter tub/shower area cleaned and I don't have the patience/inclination to do it so the soap scum and mildew has built up. I want to pay someone else just this once and I think I'll manage to keep it clean on my own after.
    rhinoswife likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information