Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Redbox to set up movie-rental kiosks at Shoppers and Loblaws

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...hoppers-loblaw

http://www.redbox.ca/

Entertainment-kiosk company Redbox Canada has brought two major Canadian retailers on board as part of its rollout plan.
    The company, which rents movies and video games for $1.50 out of its machines, says both Shoppers Drug Mart Corp. and Loblaw Companies Ltd. have agreed to dedicate space to Redbox kiosks in some of their stores.
    A spokeswoman for Redbox would not say how many locations will participate in the kiosk agreement or when the rollout would begin.
    Redbox is one of the most popular entertainment options in the U.S., having just surpassed 2 billion rentals at its 30,000 kiosks.
    The Illinois-based company has been rolling out in Canada since the start of the summer. It already has kiosks in select Canadian Walmarts, Safeways and convenience stores operated by Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.
    Redbox plans to have as many as 2,500 kiosks in Canada by the end of 2013.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Oct 10th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have seen these kiosks at Metro and seen people renting movies from them. So good to have more locations of the same.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They also rent games and not just movies, so great deal

For just 1.50, its not bad t all

After Block Buster and other video stores like Rogers video closed down , its been difficult to rnt physical dvds , games etc.

Its mostly been digital downloads ..which I hate.. I still prefer the old fashioned dvd rental..he he he.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

How exactly does this work?? How do you return the movies?? I'm confused..lol..wouldn't people just pay 1.50 and never return them..how do they track it?? It sounds great and my DS would love this as he loves to rent movies. Thanks for any info.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    How exactly does this work?? How do you return the movies?? I'm confused..lol..wouldn't people just pay 1.50 and never return them..how do they track it?? It sounds great and my DS would love this as he loves to rent movies. Thanks for any info.
    You just put the movie back into the machine , there is a slot for it..the same way you make deposits and withdrawals from an ATM banking machine.

I believe they take your CRedit card info or some other info , when you set up your account for the first time, so that thy can bill you if you don't return the movies .

http://www.redbox.ca/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Redbox Frequently Asked Questions

Call Us

The Redbox Customer Care team is available Monday-Sunday: 07:00 AM – 12:00 AM CST
    1.855.REDBOX5
    Email Us

Have a question or comment? Please let us know.
    Please allow up to 72 hours for a response

Renting & Returning

How do I rent a movie from a Redbox kiosk?

It’s easy! Just follow the steps on the How Redbox Works page.
    Do I have to return my movie to the same Redbox kiosk I rented it from?

Nope. You can return your movie to any Redbox kiosk in Canada. Use the Find a Location tool to find all the Redbox locations by you.
    I accidentally returned a disc I rented in Canada to Redbox kiosk in the U.S. What should I do?

If you returned a disc you rented in Canada to a U.S. kiosk, please call the Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695), and they’ll help you out.
    How many movies can I rent at once?

On your first Redbox visit (or the first time you use a new credit card at Redbox), you can rent a maximum of 3 discs, 1 of which can be a video game. Customers who have rented from Redbox before can rent a maximum of 5 discs, 2 of which can be games.
    How long is the rental period?

Your rental period ends at 9:00 p.m. the day after you rent. Want to hold onto your rentals for longer? No problem. For each additional day you keep your movie, you’ll be charged for another rental period + tax.
    What info is required in order to rent?

You’ll need to swipe your credit card. You’ll also be asked for your email address in order to get a receipt emailed to you, but that step is optional.
    Does Redbox provide receipts for rentals and returns?

Receipts aren’t printed at Redbox kiosks, but if you’d like to get a return confirmation and receipt emailed to you, be sure to enter your email address during the checkout process.
    How often do new movies get added to Redbox kiosks?

New movies are added to all Redbox kiosks on Tuesdays.
    How does Redbox decide which movies to stock?

Redbox uses lots of different criteria to evaluate movies, like the movie’s popularity, how well it did at the box office, and how much we think Redbox customers will enjoy it. Think Redbox is missing a great movie? Please let us know.
    Is the inventory in my favourite Redbox kiosk the same as other locations near me?

Not necessarily. Since discs can be returned to any Redbox location, inventory can get moved around from place to place. You can see what’s available at each kiosk by clicking the ALL MOVIES button on the main kiosk screen.
    How many copies of each movie are in Redbox kiosks?

Each Redbox kiosk is stocked with anywhere from one to a couple dozen copies of each movie.
    Does Redbox rent movies that are still in theatres?

Redbox usually carry movies after they’ve left theatres, but there are some exceptions. For example, sometimes movies that have won a lot of awards get re-released in theatres while they’re in Redbox kiosks. Redbox also carries some titles that may never have been released in theatres.
    Does Redbox edit or censor movies?

No, Redbox never edits or censors any of the movies that are in Redbox kiosks.
    Can I copy, burn, or transfer a Redbox movie for personal use?

Sorry, no. Federal copyright laws prohibit copying or burning of rented material.
    How does the Redbox kiosk know which movie I returned?

Each disc has an electronic bar code and security tag that Redbox uses to track when it’s rented or returned.
    I just returned a non-Redbox movie to a Redbox kiosk. What should I do?

Redbox kiosks will usually scan and reject non-Redbox movies before they can be returned. If yours wasn’t rejected, though, please call the Redbox Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    What happens if I return a movie after 9:00 p.m.?

Your movies are due back at any Redbox kiosk at 9:00 p.m. the day after you rent them. For each additional day you keep them, you’ll be charged for an extra day’s rental plus any applicable tax.
    Why didn’t I get a receipt?

If you entered your email address during the rental process, you’ll get a receipt emailed to you. You may want to check your spam filter and make sure that Redbox is added to your email provider’s address book. If you still can’t find the email receipt and you’d like confirmation of your disc return, please call the Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    What should I do if the Redbox kiosk is out of service or full, and it won’t accept my disc?

If the Redbox kiosk won’t let you return your disc, please call the Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695) and they’ll help you out.
    What should I do if the Redbox kiosk is inside of a closed store or restaurant, and I need to return my disc?

You can return your disc to any Redbox kiosk in Canada. Click here to find a Redbox kiosk near you. If you don’t want to visit another location, you can keep the disc for another day at the regular rental fee + tax.
    Will I be charged if I don’t return a disc?

For each day you keep a disc, you’ll be charged the daily fee + tax. You have 20 days to return the movie (24 days for games) before the system automatically charges you the purchase price of the disc ($30 + tax for standard DVDs, $40 + tax for Blu-ray™ Discs and $60 + tax for games), and the disc is yours to keep.
    My disc looks smudged. How do I clean it?

All discs get a little dirty as they age. Please use a soft, lint-free cloth, and wipe gently in a straight line from the centre of the disc to the edge. Clean discs only with a solution of water and mild detergent or rubbing alcohol. Never use abrasives, solvents or highly acidic cleansers.
    What happens if my DVD player or my game console damages the disc?

Unfortunately, you’re responsible for the cost of replacing the disc ($30 + tax for a DVD, $40 + tax for a Blu-ray Disc or $60 + tax for a game). The charge will be billed to your account after 20 days (24 days for games).
    What should I do if my disc is scratched or broken, or it won’t play?

If your disc is damaged, please let Redbox know through the Email Us form or by calling the Redbox Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    What are the Canadian Home Video Ratings System classifications?

G Suitable for viewing by all ages.
    PG Parental guidance advised. Themes or content may not be suitable for children.
    14A Suitable for people 14 years of age or older. Those under 14 should view with an adult. No rental or purchase by those under 14. Parents cautioned. May contain violence, coarse language and/or sexually suggestive scenes.
    18A Suitable for people 18 years of age or older. Persons under 18 should view with an adult. No rental or purchase by those under 18. Parents strongly cautioned. Will likely contain: explicit violence; frequent coarse language; sexual activity; and/or horror.
    R Restricted to 18 years and over. No rental or purchase by those under 18. Content not suitable for minors. Video contains frequent use of: sexual activity; brutal/graphic violence; intense horror; and/or other disturbing content.
    E Exempt. Contains material not subject to classification such as documentaries, nature, travel, music, arts and culture, sports and educational and instructional information.
    ^ Return to top
    Website

Which internet browsers does Redbox.ca support?

Redbox.ca is optimized for the latest Microsoft, Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers. You can download the latest versions of each here: (1) Microsoft Internet Explorer (2) Safari (3) Chrome (4) Firefox
    How can I find a Redbox location online?

It’s easy! You can use the tool at the top of every Redbox.ca page, or you can go here.
    How do I see what movies and games are available to rent?

You can go here to see what movies Redbox carries, and you can go here for games. In order to see what’s for rent at a specific Redbox kiosk, though, you’ll need to check the screen at the kiosk.
    How do I unsubscribe from your email list?

To unsubscribe from the email list, click on the “Unsubscribe” link in any promotional email you receive. This will unsubscribe you from newsletters, but you’ll still get receipts.
    Where can I read your privacy policy?

You can read the Redbox privacy policy here.
    Where can I read your terms of use?

You can read the Redbox terms and conditions here.
    ^ Return to top
    Blu-ray™

What is Blu-ray?

Blu-ray is the name of a high-definition optical disc format. Blu-ray Discs store more data and display sharper, better looking images.
    How can I tell if the disc I’m renting is a Blu-ray Disc™?

When you’re browsing through movies at the kiosk, Blu-ray Discs will have a blue strip that says BLU-RAY across it.
    Will my Blu-ray Disc play on my DVD player?

No, Blu-ray Discs won’t play on standard-definition DVD players. You’ll need a Blu-ray player or a device that plays Blu-ray Discs, like a Sony PlayStation 3.
    Are Blu-ray Discs compatible with all Blu-ray players?

Compatibility isn’t guaranteed. Some older Blu-ray players may need upgrades in order to work. If you have issues playing a Blu-ray Disc on your Blu-ray player, please call the Redbox Customer Care team at 1-855-REDBOX5 (1-855-733-2695).
    Can I watch a Blu-ray Disc on my computer?

Only if your computer has a special Blu-ray drive installed. Most computers don’t have this type of drive, but you can order and install it yourself. Some new computers can be ordered with a Blu-ray drive already installed.
    How much do Blu-ray Discs cost to rent?

Blu-ray Disc rental is $2 + tax for each day. If you hold onto your disc for 20 nights or more, you’ll be charged a one-time fee of $40 + tax and the disc is yours to keep.
    Why does a Blu-ray Disc cost more to rent than other DVDs?

Since Blu-ray Discs play higher-quality images than standard DVDs, they cost more to produce.
    How can I find a Blu-ray Disc to rent?

Visit the movie page and click the Blu-ray button at the top to see what Blu-ray movies Redbox carries. In order to see what’s for rent at a specific Redbox kiosk, though, you’ll need to check the screen at the kiosk.
    If I use a promo code for a Blu-ray Disc, how much will I be charged?

Promo codes used for Blu-ray movies will cover $1.50 of your first day’s rental. That means you’ll only be charged $0.50 for your first day.
    How many Blu-ray Discs can I rent at one time?

If you’re renting with Redbox for the first time, you can rent 2 Blu-ray Discs. Returning customers can rent up to 5 Blu-ray Discs at a time.
    Can I return a Blu-ray Disc to any Redbox location?

Yes, you can return a Blu-ray Disc to any Redbox kiosk in Canada.
    What if I forget to bring back my Blu-ray Disc?

Blu-ray rentals cost $2 + tax for each day. For every extra day you keep the disc, you’ll be charged the daily fee + tax. If you hold onto the movie for 20 days or more, you’ll be charged a one-time fee of $40 + tax and the disc is yours to keep.
    What should I do if my Blu-ray Disc doesn’t play?

If your Blu-ray Disc won’t play, please check the following:

1. Do you have a Blu-ray compatible player or Sony PlayStation 3?
    2. Does your disc have a Blu-ray logo on it?
    3. Has your Blu-ray player been updated with the latest firmware or software updates?

If you still can’t solve the issue, please let us know. You can also call the Redbox Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    ^ Return to top
    Billing & Payments

What types of payment does Redbox accept?

You can pay for your rentals with credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
    Do I have to pay tax when I rent a Redbox movie or game?

Yes, applicable taxes are added to your rentals at Redbox.
    There’s an incorrect charge to my account. What should I do?

If you think there’s an error in your billing, please fill out the Email Us form or call the Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695). Please note that it’s Redbox policy not to refund charges that are older than 90 days.
    Can I reactivate a credit card that was previously declined?

If you’d like to reactivate a credit card, please call the Redbox Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695). Have the last four digits of your credit card ready for verification.
    Can I transfer my balance to another credit card card?

Sorry, Redbox can’t transfer balances from one credit card to another.
    ^ Return to top
    Promo Codes

How can I get promo codes from Redbox?

Redbox periodically sends special offers to customers who have signed up to receive emails. You can sign up here if you haven’t already. You can also keep an eye out for deals and offers on the Redbox Facebook page.
    If I use a promo code, how much will I be charged?

If you rent a DVD, you won’t be charged for your first rental day. If you use your promo code for a Blu-ray Disc or video game, the promo code will cover $1.50 of your first rental day.
    How can I redeem promo codes at a Redbox kiosk?

It’s easy: (1) Pick the disc you’d like to rent and add it to your cart. (2) On the cart screen, touch the “PROMO CODE” button. (3) Swipe your credit card and finish checking out. (4) Enjoy your rental!
    Why do I have to tell you my credit card number if I have a coupon for a free movie?

Your credit card acts like a security deposit for your rental, and it’s on hand for daily charges if you want to hold on to your movie for more than one day.
    I went to rent a movie at a Redbox kiosk, but I forgot my promo code! What should I do?

Sorry, but if you want to use a promo code, you’ll need to have it at the time you’re renting. If you forgot your promo code, hold onto it for your next visit.
    I used a promo code, but I was still charged. What should I do?

If you think you were charged incorrectly after you used a promo code, please fill out the Email Us form or call the Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    ^ Return to top
    About Redbox

How do I contact Redbox Customer Care?

If you didn’t find the answer to your question on this page, please use the Email Us form or call the Redbox Customer Care team at 1.855.REDBOX5 (1.855.733.2695).
    How can I give you feedback about Redbox kiosks (or anything else)?

Do you have an idea for an improving Redbox? We’d love to hear it! To share your suggestions or comments about any part of the Redbox experience, please use the Email Us form.
    I’m a retailer. How can I get a Redbox kiosk installed in my store?

Before a Redbox kiosk is installed, an analysis of a location’s suitability needs to be done. Click here to submit a request for review.
    Who can I contact if I’d like to discuss business opportunities with Redbox?

Please use the Redbox Email Us form if you’ve got any marketing or business ideas you’d like to share. We’d love to hear them!
    Why are Redbox prices so low?

Redbox can offer great pricing on movie and game rentals because it’s a fully-automated retail experience. Since Redbox doesn’t have to stock shelves or ring up registers, those savings get passed on to you.
    Does Redbox have a newsletter?

Yes! Sign up for the weekly Redbox email newsletter here.
    Can I work for Redbox?

Keep your eyes on the Redbox job list. If Redbox is hiring, you’ll see it here!
    ^ Return to top

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thank you very much..you are so helpful!!!

Thread Information