User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Traffic Rants

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was coming out of work today and some middleaged idiot in a baby blue mustang almost turned right into me. I was going straight and he was trying to turn right into my space.

Umm, not in this universe, turd. Where did you learn to drive that people turning have the right of way above people going straight? Yes it's a stupid section of parking lot, but in no way do you EVER go before me.

And people coming out of Tim's in that parking lot, you dipwads, that IS a stop sign. I don't care how late for work your coffee stop has made you. Don't just drive right through it and expect people to stop.

I can tell this thread is going to get a lot of gripes from me. I hate driving in my city, people are a-holes and 98% of them don't even TRY to obey the speed limits.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

What gets me is the cyclists that don't even slow down for red lights, ignore stop signs and feel they are justified to ride onthe wrong side of the road to get around vehicles. I am amazed that more if them don't get smoked.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Just because I have enough people in the car to drive in the bus/taxi/car-pool lane, it doesn't mean I have to. But when I do, I expect to be allowed to merge back when the lane ends in a merge with another lane.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nainai0585 View Post
    L
    - Passengers who "assist" drivers by taking the wheel while the driver is doing something.
    My non-driver mother used to do this even when I'm in complete control my car...

- Drivers who don't SLOW DOWN on a dirt road when there is a horse and rider coming down the road. I've had people speed up so that rocks could hit the horse and I've had people slow right down beside the horse then honk their horn.
    One of my former work mates had a loose horse not quite clear his car by jumping over his car. FWM was driving at approx 10 mph when the horse crashed onto the roof of his car and bounded off without any visible sign of injury. The car needed 10, 000 UKP worth of repairs.

- Parents who allow their young children to run ahead of them several feet at the cross walk without considering there is turning traffic and some drivers don't stop to look for small children (or other vehicles for that matter).
    Parents who push a stroller out into the stream of traffic before checking if it's safe.

eta that isn't a picture of FWM but shows similar damage to his car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add eta

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we were first in line and stopped at a red light with our signal on indicating our up-coming left turn.. that still didn't stop the a-hole on the motorcycle from pulling up beside us on the driver's side and barging in front of us so he could go straight through the intersection.. i wasn't driving.. if i were the one who was driving i would have let that effer know exactly what i thought of him.. dh is non-confrontational that way

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

passes Jays a spare lightsabre..."That is the biker you are looking for"...
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

People that think stop signs don't apply to them. I am getting soooooo fed up with this. It happens several times a day now...
    At the same 3-way intersection I am at almost every day (on my way to pick up my awesome trade envelopes at the post office) I stop at the stop sign, but 9/10 the person coming from my right figures that the other person (me) will stop so they don't have to.... WTF?? I usually honk and they just ignore me lol what ignorance
    And....today in the shopping centre; I had the right of way....the other driver has a stop sign, (I don't), they don't stop, she just pulls out in front of me and gives ME the stink eye when I honk and have to slam on my brakes????
    And yesterday, coming out of SOF, there is a big suburban going out the same exit as me, the driver yapping away on the phone, the truck taking up both lanes (talking on cell phones is illegal here - other than hands free)....
    sooooo many people feel the laws don't apply to them. I find it just plain ignorant and self-centred.
    OH.....did I tell you that the suburban was a North Vanc Fire Dept vehicle driven by an employee ??? SHAME ON HIM!
    Last edited by redhdlois; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's the pot they smoke in BC that makes them act like that...lol
    redhdlois and wolfwoman like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've now learned that Toronto driving really isn't that bad. I'm moving to Boston next month and the driving there is crazy! They don't have any laws about hands-free devices, so you see people texting and driving. They have 64 universities and colleges in one small town (so tons of students 8 months of the year), and so much road rage! As you would expect in a very old city, the roads are small and way too much traffic!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Driving in any large city just requires a certain level of agressiveness. you can't give an inch or they'll take a mile.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Know what else drives me CRAZY?

.... this happened this morning actually!

Some d--- was trying to jump a line of people waiting to make a left turn in North York (Keele-Finch closure for subway expansion is making traffic HELL!) and when he wasn't let in, obviously because we'd been waiting 10 minutes to make our turn - he drives into the intersection anyway and MAKES THE TURN FROM THE STRAIGHT LANE!

Nearly got t-boned because he didn't look to see if the intersection was clear and just pissed off all those people in the left lane 'cause he's sooo much better than all of us!

Believe me this isn't a one-time thing either -- happens at least 2x/month!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chevygirl_z28 View Post
    Know what else drives me CRAZY?

.... this happened this morning actually!

Some d--- was trying to jump a line of people waiting to make a left turn in North York (Keele-Finch closure for subway expansion is making traffic HELL!) and when he wasn't let in, obviously because we'd been waiting 10 minutes to make our turn - he drives into the intersection anyway and MAKES THE TURN FROM THE STRAIGHT LANE!

Nearly got t-boned because he didn't look to see if the intersection was clear and just pissed off all those people in the left lane 'cause he's sooo much better than all of us!

Believe me this isn't a one-time thing either -- happens at least 2x/month!
    I see it all the time at the Brock Rd on ramp to the 401 east in Pickering.
    Sit in line for 15 minutes to get to front of line and some d-head drives up the straight lane and cuts into the on ramp.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    Driving in any large city just requires a certain level of agressiveness. you can't give an inch or they'll take a mile.
    My first set of driving lessons were around Heathrow airport. No wonder I was traumatised..
    GoJays likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had this happen to me last night and I wasn't a very happy camper.
    I was following a smaller truck (I was in a larger truck with a full box of scrap metal) early last night down a winding country road with myself and my two kids. The smaller truck is going at least 10-15km under the 80km speed limit, and I can't pass him due to a lot of blind corners, but I'm not on his bumper either, with at least 1 cars length between us. He turns on his left turn signal and enters into the left turning lane. I speed up to pass him as I'm going straight. Just has my front end is at his cab doors, he decides that he's going straight and pulls out directly in front of me without a turn signal or any indication that he decided to go straight in a left turn lane. I have to slam on my brakes and nearly miss connecting with this idiot. Not even 10ft down the road, the driver decides that he needs to turn around, slowing down to almost a stand still to turn right into a country home's driveway. When I look in my rearview mirror after I finally pass him, I see him turn right onto the road he originally intended to turn onto. What an dumba**. Both my 7 yr old and 2 yr old said WHOAAA at the same time turn to how violent I needed to slam on my brakes. There are WAY TOO MANY special snowflakes out there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

gotta love the left turn from the right lane too. that's a special maneuver.
    cabbies in toronto are good at it.
    Tweetybird999 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information