User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By sweetmomma

Thread: Optimum card or not

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I just carry my Optimum card number on my Cell phone can I give this to the cashier or must I have the card for scanning? I was standing behind a man & he was insistent that he had done this before - would be nice sometimes, especially when I've left my card at home or in the car. ??
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I keep mine in my wallet. I keep my wallet on me no matter where I go when shopping so it wouldn't be an issue for me.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'd carried the card in my purse too. The cashier can refuse and you'd have to come back with the card to have your points manually added on.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you are required to have the actual card.

From the Shopper's Optimum FAQ page:
    Q: If I don't have my card with me, can I still receive Points for my purchase?
    A: In order to receive points for your purchase, you must present your personal Shoppers Optimum Card at the time of purchase.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I forgot mine at my regular store and they told me to keep the receipt and come back with my card, so I don't think you can
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Would be handy to have a little keychain scan card for those times when you have keys but not the big wallet.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree - a little keychain card would make life much easier - my wallet is packed with cards from A-Z. Thanks

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

if you forget your card you can bring back your receipt to the store within I think 7 days to claim your points. I had to do that once when i forgot my card at home and it was super easy.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PatC View Post
    If I just carry my Optimum card number on my Cell phone can I give this to the cashier or must I have the card for scanning? I was standing behind a man & he was insistent that he had done this before - would be nice sometimes, especially when I've left my card at home or in the car. ??
    He must have been mistaken you must give them your card or bring your receipt and card back within 7 days to get your points.

Thread Information