User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Delete

  1. #1
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    1
    So as some of you know I suffer from severe depression, GAD, OCD and this past month has been really hard with the transition of my brother in law moving in until my in-laws house is built ect....he works nights so it's really hard to get anything done.

    Also having to get my GP to complete medical forms for my son who is ADHD and receive a monthly dissability pension for that, doctor said he didn't qualify although this was just a renewal for for CTB, anyhow had to call her secretary who tracked down the form that was completed 5 years ago to show the doctor. who them filled out the forms.

    Also had to get my GP to fill out my forms for my medical retirement from the federal government. I got a call today saying that I forgot to sign and date the stupid forms and that 1/2 the forms were missing, good grief.

    Also dh who was recently re-educated by WSIB just got word that in 2 weeks their cutting him back $1400.00 a month, sigh.

    My car failed the clean air test (ONT), so I brought it to my mechanic because I have not had much luck with Canadian Tire in the past. My mechanic called me to say I need 1 new tire, 2 new coils for my structs, a new catalyctic converter and my engine was about ready to fall out, so I need an engine cradle - cost $1700.00 I don't have.

    I don't feel like I'll be able to complete my 38 RAOKs (random acts of kindness) because I'm so bummed out and our cash problems just keep getting worse. I know kind guestures don't cost $ but I'm really not into it anymore as my luck just keeps getting worse & worse.

    My husbands dog Charlotte (english bulldog who we adopted 6 years ago) has been costing us a fortune with all her medical problems (ears & eyes most recently).

    My parents are gone 8 months of the year and only visit when it's convenient for them, my mom called and asked if she could spend my birthday with me, I said I guess so even though I really want to be alone in my own misery. Now she just called and my father is coming and their bringing their freakin' motorhome that they want to show off (I don't give a crap about their motorhome, sorry).

    My in-laws never remember my birthday and this year I am really bummed out and will probably get snarkey with them, however, my m-in-law always remembers her friends birthday which is 2 days before mine.

    DH is gone this weekend with father-in-law and I'm hoping I don't get any unwanted visitors as I'm crabby and home with a sick dog, two kids and can't get anything done.

    sorry for ranting......I'm just feeling sorry for myself and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    thanks for reading.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Guess
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Dec 31st, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!


  2. #2
    love couponzz YOU AND ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pierrefonds Qc
    Posts
    9,016
    Likes Received
    6284
    Trading Score
    591 (100%)




    Hope it get better
    jasperandchar likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

    Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

  3. #3
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    thanks YOU AND ME
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  4. #4
    hopesdreams
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,450
    Likes Received
    1123
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)




    Thanks for sharing your day, week , month. I know it will get better. Just try to be thankful for 1 thing a day. Like us here on smart canucks you have friends here for sure. Your feedback tells me so.

    My year has been really hard too. Lost a very close friend to cancer, hubby got hit by a garbage truck at work (had to deal with worksafe for six months nightmare!)Meanwhile our van & truck broke down. Truck is sitting on the road almost dead after 500 dollar repair. Two of my grown kids are driving me nuts with their own growing pains. Yet I have to choose to find the good in each day. Each day I try to be thankful for one thing. It seems to help me. Give it a try. Never give up. You have way to many good things to give life.Slow down and enjoy the smells and colours of the season sending hugs
    !
    Last edited by hopesdreams; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

  5. #5
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    368
    Likes Received
    507
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    Jasperandchar and hopesdream you both sound like you need a great big hug. Sending hugs your way.
    jasperandchar likes this.

  6. #6
    Mastermind Natalka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    117,734
    Likes Received
    146627
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)




    Wow, lots on your plate.... I can only hope that things ease up for you.

    Name:  hugsfrommelovebear.gif
Views: 272
Size:  37.5 KB
    jasperandchar likes this.

  7. #7
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    thank you so much for sharing your story and your kind words of encouragement, I guess I'm just overwhelmed like everyone else. I will take your advise about finding 1 good thing about each day, that's a terrific idea.


    Quote Originally Posted by hopesdreams View Post
    Thanks for sharing your day, week , month. I know it will get better. Just try to be thankful for 1 thing a day. Like us here on smart canucks you have friends here for sure. Your feedback tells me so.

    My year has been really hard too. Lost a very close friend to cancer, hubby got hit by a garbage truck at work (had to deal with worksafe for six months nightmare!)Meanwhile our van & truck broke down. Truck is sitting on the road almost dead after 500 dollar repair. Two of my grown kids are driving me nuts with their own growing pains. Yet I have to choose to find the good in each day. Each day I try to be thankful for one thing. It seems to help me. Give it a try. Never give up. You have way to many good things to give life.Slow down and enjoy the smells and colours of the season sending hugs
    !
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  8. #8
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    Jasperandchar and hopesdream you both sound like you need a great big hug. Sending hugs your way.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  9. #9
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    Thanks natalka, I know this will turn around in time, I'm just overwhelmed and need to breath (easier said than done), thanks for reading & your kind words!


    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, lots on your plate.... I can only hope that things ease up for you.

    Name:  hugsfrommelovebear.gif
Views: 272
Size:  37.5 KB
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  10. #10
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    316
    Likes Received
    159
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So as some of you know I suffer from severe depression, GAD, OCD and this past month has been really hard with the transition of my brother in law moving in until my in-laws house is built ect....he works nights so it's really hard to get anything done.

    Also having to get my GP to complete medical forms for my son who is ADHD and receive a monthly dissability pension for that, doctor said he didn't qualify although this was just a renewal for for CTB, anyhow had to call her secretary who tracked down the form that was completed 5 years ago to show the doctor. who them filled out the forms.

    Also had to get my GP to fill out my forms for my medical retirement from the federal government. I got a call today saying that I forgot to sign and date the stupid forms and that 1/2 the forms were missing, good grief.

    Also dh who was recently re-educated by WSIB just got word that in 2 weeks their cutting him back $1400.00 a month, sigh.

    My car failed the clean air test (ONT), so I brought it to my mechanic because I have not had much luck with Canadian Tire in the past. My mechanic called me to say I need 1 new tire, 2 new coils for my structs, a new catalyctic converter and my engine was about ready to fall out, so I need an engine cradle - cost $1700.00 I don't have.

    I don't feel like I'll be able to complete my 38 RAOKs (random acts of kindness) because I'm so bummed out and our cash problems just keep getting worse. I know kind guestures don't cost $ but I'm really not into it anymore as my luck just keeps getting worse & worse.

    My husbands dog Charlotte (english bulldog who we adopted 6 years ago) has been costing us a fortune with all her medical problems (ears & eyes most recently).

    My parents are gone 8 months of the year and only visit when it's convenient for them, my mom called and asked if she could spend my birthday with me, I said I guess so even though I really want to be alone in my own misery. Now she just called and my father is coming and their bringing their freakin' motorhome that they want to show off (I don't give a crap about their motorhome, sorry).

    My in-laws never remember my birthday and this year I am really bummed out and will probably get snarkey with them, however, my m-in-law always remembers her friends birthday which is 2 days before mine.

    DH is gone this weekend with father-in-law and I'm hoping I don't get any unwanted visitors as I'm crabby and home with a sick dog, two kids and can't get anything done.

    sorry for ranting......I'm just feeling sorry for myself and want to crawl under a rock and hide.

    thanks for reading.

    That sounds like a lot to deal with. Good that you are reaching out to your SC friends for support. That's the best part of this forum. People helping people.

    Anyway, just wanted to offer some advice on your car situation. I also had issues with my car failing the emission test but I refused to pay a mechanic to fix it. I ended up changing the catalytic converter myself, I bought a new one off ebay delivered to my house for less than half of what it would have cost from canadian tire. with a little wd-40 and some basic tools it took a couple of hours. I also changed the O2 sensors which were also part of the problem. These I round for $30 versus the $175 they wanted at CTC.

    I don't know what the issue is with your engine cradle but that seems like an unlikely issue. I would question that and get another opinion.

    PM me if you want more advice>

  11. #11
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    324
    Likes Received
    98
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    I hope after this raining day, the sun will come out for you.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Join Swagbucks for FREE gift cards and paypal money!!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/<wbr>couponsbaby2011



  12. #12
    Canadian Guru hollyquaiscer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Where love grows
    Posts
    15,848
    Likes Received
    20465
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)




    Hon, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it right now. Just hang in there, it will get better. Talk to yo aren'tur Dr about how you are feeling. Perhaps the antidepressants you're taking are not doing the job, or maybe they need to be increased. It's hard to see the sunshine through the fog, but it's there and you WILL find it again. With all the things that are happening currently, and your brother in law taking over the house, and the inlaws not recognising when you are doing them a favour, it's maddening. You need a nice bubblebath and a glass of your favorite wine, in a bathroom thats candlelit (yes you can through a good looking naked man in there if that makes you happy too, LOL). I'm here for you if you want to talk.

    I've been absent for a bit dealing with some health issues, but I'm here for you, just email me.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

  13. #13
    Canadian Guru jasperandchar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Clayton Ontario
    Posts
    12,649
    Likes Received
    39634
    Trading Score
    288 (100%)




    Thanks Holly that's really kind of you, my meds have been increased but are not working, the doc says I have to wait a while longer....thanks again for your kind words!


    Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Hon, I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it right now. Just hang in there, it will get better. Talk to yo aren'tur Dr about how you are feeling. Perhaps the antidepressants you're taking are not doing the job, or maybe they need to be increased. It's hard to see the sunshine through the fog, but it's there and you WILL find it again. With all the things that are happening currently, and your brother in law taking over the house, and the inlaws not recognising when you are doing them a favour, it's maddening. You need a nice bubblebath and a glass of your favorite wine, in a bathroom thats candlelit (yes you can through a good looking naked man in there if that makes you happy too, LOL). I'm here for you if you want to talk.

    I've been absent for a bit dealing with some health issues, but I'm here for you, just email me.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

  14. #14
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23,830
    Likes Received
    32168
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)




    I feel your pain at 1000000%..I am in the same situation.Hope the things will get better for you and take careHug
    jasperandchar likes this.

  15. #15
    Canadian Guru avoncallingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SouthCentral Ontario
    Posts
    12,533
    Likes Received
    27007
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)




    jasperandchar! Holy Moly! What a lot to deal with! First - Breath! Take some time to sort out what is the most pressing problem and then just take 1 tiny step towards fixing it. (After dh gets home, that is!) If you don't want any unwanted visitors, take a walk somewhere that makes you feel calm and offers some serenity. You seem to have money issues, and appreciation issues. If other people don't appreciate you, stop expecting them to - and think of all the reasons that you deserve some pampering. Then take some time to pamper yourself - even just a hot cup of a beverage you enjoy.

    As far as the money - well, there are lots of hints on here about prioritizing needs and wants and then using our talents as couponers to help meet our budgets.

    Take care of yourself first and then chip away at those other problems.

    I'm sending you good wishes! Good luck!
    jasperandchar likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •