User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: TekSavvy or Acanac internet? Which do you like better?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    Teksavvy just reduced their rates after getting discounts from bell for the use of their lines. They passed the savings on the customers. I love it. I now pay $12 less a month. I never got a discount like that from bell.
    Thanks for telling us. A few years ago I switched my landline from Bell to Teksavvy, but I have not received the $12 discount as you mentioned. Shall I contact them? Does the discount apply to TekSavvy landline or TekTalk VOIP? Since it is $12 less PER month, I guess it must be landline as TelkTalk costs only $10 a month. Please confirm. Thanks!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

We are talking about internet (dsl) as stated in the title of the thread. I have the 15mps and my bill dropped $12 starting this month.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    We are talking about internet (dsl) as stated in the title of the thread. I have the 15mps and my bill dropped $12 starting this month.
    Did you have to ask for it or did they contact you?
    Thx.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

They sent me an email saying :

"We are writing to inform you of some really great changes to your Internet service from TekSavvy. We are lowering pricing and passing on the savings to all of our customers! How TekSavvy is that?
    As of your next billing date, you will notice that the Internet package you are subscribing to will change from High Speed DSL 15 / DSL à haute vitesse 15 at $45.99 to High Speed DSL 15 Pro / DSL 15 Pro - ON - RED at $32.99.
    No action is required on your part. As of March 27th, 2013 TekSavvy automatically made the updates to our system. Your next bill will reflect the new pricing."

I never had Bell send me something like that. I am sure that if there was some kind of decrease they would have pocketed the difference.

As for Roger, I have an easement on my property that allows Bell access to get to the pole at the back. Rogers also uses that pole but after Rogers came to my home while I was home, never knocked on my door but instead tresspassed on my property and installed some kind of box on the side of my house damaging the brick (while I was NOT a customer) and then when I went outside to see why I heard drilling sounds (I was 6 months pregnant at the time) to see what was going on. Their response was they were installing these on every house customer or not in case people wanted their service.

This box was placed about 3 feet from a 3 story TV antenna with the cabling going into the house almost where the guy was standing.

They had to come back and try and fix the damage what was done but after that I refused to allow them on my property and told them they had to go around to the other neighbour on the other street. I refuse to deal with a company who would do things like that. Unacceptable behaviour if not criminal.

Sorry let me rephase the bit about them not being Canadian. They are not little guy and are being pushed around by some heavy hands to act in ways that are not in their customers' best interest. They managed to get laws passed (and then retracted) that would have forced residential customers pay much higher price by having the internet they could get capped at 25gig doing away with unlimited internet. They have bullied, conned, and manipulated lawmakers to pad their own pockets. It has been companies like Teksavvy that have stood up the likes of those 2 and fought for us all to make the internet better.

I love teksavvy's service and sleep better knowing that some of my payment goes to a company that is on my side.
    Last edited by kerrylj; Sun, May 12th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Dee09, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TekSavvy's been reliable after switching over from Rogers. The high bandwidth is probably the greatest advantage for us.
    Dee09, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if anyone is using this high speed internet provider (Comwave)? Some of my friends have great comments about the speed and service. Would like to know if they are worth trying instead of Acanac and TekSavvy? Thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've used comwave before. Gave up on it when I found a better plan more suited for my needs. My prob was that I'm never in one place and their plans weren't good enough for me. Now I mostly use a net plan bundled with a voip home phone connection set up for most of my long distance calls and another conn for when I'm on the move, on my phone. I use skype, google voice and the voip phone interchangeably as per convenience now. This is one way to reduce your phone usage and bills. Although I'm satisfied with my plans now, from what I read on this long running thread, maybe I should check out the plans of TekSavvy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am currently using the Teksavvy 45mbs download , Unlimited bandwidth package. I have no complaints.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i go with neither, i am with electronicbox. they have free dry loop service (which is required if you do not have a land (phone) line. free dry loop can save you $9+ each month depending on your location.

if you are interested, it would be nice if you signup with me as a referrer
    PM me with questions if require.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been using Teksavvy for a couple of years and have no complaints.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive only ever heard good reviews from Teksavvy, course thats not who i went with. (Velcom and got the unlimited deal before it was changed)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They sent me an email saying :

"We are writing to inform you of some really great changes to your Internet service from TekSavvy. We are lowering pricing and passing on the savings to all of our customers! How TekSavvy is that?
    As of your next billing date, you will notice that the Internet package you are subscribing to will change from High Speed DSL 15 / DSL à haute vitesse 15 at $45.99 to High Speed DSL 15 Pro / DSL 15 Pro - ON - RED at $32.99.
    No action is required on your part. As of March 27th, 2013 TekSavvy automatically made the updates to our system. Your next bill will reflect the new pricing."

I never had Bell send me something like that. I am sure that if there was some kind of decrease they would have pocketed the difference.
    yeah no kidding bell kept us on a old expensive plan for a good year and never informed us that for less we could have had more with their newer plans. Only reason we found out was cause we wanted to reduce our monthly bill and called only to find out that yes it could be cheaper and for similar plan. Did we switch and lock in for a year? nope we changed providers!
    Last edited by Mark TEAroma; Thu, Oct 17th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cancelled with rogers due to over charges each month (bill was always over $70 bucks for 80 GB). Decided to give Teksavvy a try and first month right up front was the charge of $208.98 after taxes; includes modem, 300 GB was the cable 25 package for Toronto. Each month its $45.14/month for my internet. Works for me, no problems so far.

I did call in with Rogers to cancel for my parents home internet as theirs was 80 GB for $55 plus $8 rental of modem box. The lady that I had spoken to, offered 300 GB and included the modem rental fee for $55/month. Well, what can I say... they didn't lose my parents as their customers.
    A wide selection of high quality caskets and cremation urns at a discounted price.

- Casket Direct

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Casket Direct View Post
    Cancelled with rogers due to over charges each month (bill was always over $70 bucks for 80 GB). Decided to give Teksavvy a try and first month right up front was the charge of $208.98 after taxes; includes modem, 300 GB was the cable 25 package for Toronto. Each month its $45.14/month for my internet. Works for me, no problems so far.

I did call in with Rogers to cancel for my parents home internet as theirs was 80 GB for $55 plus $8 rental of modem box. The lady that I had spoken to, offered 300 GB and included the modem rental fee for $55/month. Well, what can I say... they didn't lose my parents as their customers.
    I just signed up with Teksavvy yesterday as well. But mine was $219.16.. $99 for modem, $10 shipping, $45 activation, $39.95 first month service and then taxes on top. Just wondering how come yours is $10 less?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Totally forgot about the shipping! So the complete first month for Teksavvy was $219.16. No special discounts other then their $20 off for activation ($65 activation fee).
    A wide selection of high quality caskets and cremation urns at a discounted price.

- Casket Direct

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information