User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: TekSavvy or Acanac internet? Which do you like better?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We are planning to get rid of Bell internet by the end of the year. It's just too expensive.

For SCers who use TekSavvy or Acanac, how do you find it?
    Worth the money?
    As good or better than Bell?
    Any problems or hiccups we need to look out for?
    Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We got Teksavvy a few months ago and we love it. We have 300 GB/month for the same price we were paying for 25 GB/month with Rogers. We also got the TekTalk home phone which is great, unless for some reason our internet service goes down (which has happened twice) and then we are without a phone. We also got rid of our cable at the same time and ended up buying a digital antenna instead. We get Global, CTV1, CTV2, CBC, TVO and a bunch of french stations all in HD. Anything else we can stream or download for free. We went from paying almost $200 for home phone, internet and cable to $65.
    Dee09, SFARAZ, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    Anything else we can stream or download for free. We went from paying almost $200 for home phone, internet and cable to $65.
    Wow, that's some great savings.
    Did Rogers try to get you back or offer you any deals when you told them you wanted to leave?
    Thx.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Same as Ashokia

We have the Teksavvy unlimited plan with a dry loop bc we don't have a regular landline. Comes to $55 a month, but we use a lot of internet so like the unlimited plan ($10 of that is the cost for the dry loop)

We have Vonage for a phone line, including a UK phone # we pay $32 a month taxes in, that allows my family to call me for free and saves me on my long distance plan. I just text them and say to call me lol

We too have a digital converter for TV and don't get cable anymore, we get most stations, and anything else can be found online

As far as issues with Teksavvy, I had none until I moved then there was a hiccup with setting up my dryloop, Bell told them they had come out and they left a work order here saying they were here, but they didn't actually do anything and I waited 10 days for a new installation date. They credited me for the lost days internet, but it sucked.
    Dee09 and Shwa Girl like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

We have left Bell and took Acananc High Spee Cable internet (28 Mbps) and we love it. Its for $39.95/Month. and we have had it for 3 months and never had any problem. We are paying far less than Bell and still a good service. You get the landline number free with it aswell.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

We switched from bell to teksavvy and would never go back! We have the 300GB /DSL plan for internet and also have our landline phone through them.

We've rarely had a problem and when we do we email/call (depending which is out or problematic) and we always talk to real Teksavvy people right away who fix the problem. The only issue we've had is that the phone lines that teksavvy uses are Bell, so if we have a problem with the line outside of our house (we're rural, and the line comes off the road so it does get affected by storms etc.) they place a work order and it's the Bell guys that come, and sometimes they are not as efficient or helpful as we would like. The internet is a tad slower than the fastest highspeed cable, DH notices the speed, but I can't tell the difference at all.

We pay about $70 now, which is about half of what we use to pay with bell/cogeco.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Wow, that's some great savings.
    Did Rogers try to get you back or offer you any deals when you told them you wanted to leave?
    Thx.
    I believe they offered us 30% off our entire bill for a year. But they didn't offer to up our usage limit which was the deal breaker for us. We download a lot of movies and with 25 GB we just couldn't justify the price.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We looked into Acanac when we switched to Teksavvy and I read more complaints about them than Teksavvy, but I know people who use them with no major issues too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    2 (80%)

Tekksavy! The best! FYI- Rogers works for Tekksavy, there on contract for them

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Bell and Rogers depending on the type of internet
    ~ ~ ~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    We got Teksavvy a few months ago and we love it. We have 300 GB/month for the same price we were paying for 25 GB/month with Rogers. We also got the TekTalk home phone which is great, unless for some reason our internet service goes down (which has happened twice) and then we are without a phone. We also got rid of our cable at the same time and ended up buying a digital antenna instead. We get Global, CTV1, CTV2, CBC, TVO and a bunch of french stations all in HD. Anything else we can stream or download for free. We went from paying almost $200 for home phone, internet and cable to $65.
    Which antenna did you go with & why?
    thks, looking to do something similar.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, good to know most choices are for Teksavvy, as we also got it one month ago. Great work~~~~~~~~
    Dee09 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

we went Teksavvy in June, never looked back...why we wasted our time and $ with Bell before was just laziness on our part. It is the download limit that I found aggravating with Bell...this way we are never anywhere near the allowed limit. Our cost is 45.00/month including tax.
    Dee09, SFARAZ and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    we went Teksavvy in June, never looked back...why we wasted our time and $ with Bell before was just laziness on our part. It is the download limit that I found aggravating with Bell...this way we are never anywhere near the allowed limit. Our cost is 45.00/month including tax.
    Thanks for the info. As soon as school is over in December, Teksavvy here we come!
    walkonby likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There's the up front cost of a modem, isn't there?
    walkonby likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information