User Tag List

Thread: newbie

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

im new to this site and am from lethbridge, was wondering where i can find coupons in the flyers?? i only get the home delivery flyers but not the paper
    shoudl i buy the paper on a certain day??
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hello and welcome!

The lethbridge herald is in charge of the flyers that are delivered every tue-wed an thur-fri. The flyer carriers have instructions not to go to the homes that have a herald subscription, so in most cases you do not need a newspaper unless you want extras. The herald delivers the Red Plum and brandsaver coupon inserts -- if you want to know which coupons are in there, search this site and there will be a list posted somewhere.

The other insert is called smart source, and I usually miss it. I did find it once in the calgary sun on a sunday - someone else may be able to better suggest how to get copies.

If you are planning on stacking at LD, please be respectful of the staff - we are very fortunate in Lethbridge to have great customer service at our location. However, when one individual is rude it tends to reflect negatively on all of us (and the horror stories are sometimes shared). We all benefit greatly from being able to stack and will be able to save a lot of money for as long as LD continues to allow it We were all new once and made mistakes with stacks, so the best policy when you are new is to accept the cashier's decision without conflict. Some of the staff are stackers too so they can give some great advice

Once again, welcome to SC, and stay in touch -- some of us get together for coffee and swap coupons occasionally -- you are more than welcome to join us!
    I have saved over $1320 with coupons since Dec 30/10! (+ at least another 700 in sales!)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

oh darn i missed the day for flyers in the paper! i got a paper today thinking it would be in there,
    hopefully my flyers at home come soon then!

what stores do you have luck finding coupons in??
    Can i go down to the herald and ask for inserts?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nikki.a View Post
    oh darn i missed the day for flyers in the paper! i got a paper today thinking it would be in there,
    hopefully my flyers at home come soon then!

what stores do you have luck finding coupons in??
    Can i go down to the herald and ask for inserts?

As far as I know, no coupns came this week in the flyers (was looking for the a & w but never got any), and I think someone posted about asking at the herald if you don't receive them at your house its worth a try!
    I have saved over $1320 with coupons since Dec 30/10! (+ at least another 700 in sales!)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Welcome here! Yep - if you go to the Herald on Fridays, ask for a flyer bundle and they'll give you most of the flyers for the upcoming week, including any coupon inserts that might be out that weekend.

You can find coupons in Safeway, Sobey's and Shopper's Drug Mart...those are my main spots to look, but there may be more! Happy shopping!
    Last edited by CindyLoo; Fri, Apr 8th, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

ive gotten flyers the past 2 weeks and there were no coupon inserts. BLAH
    illl have to go check out safeway and sobeys now!

Thread Information