• 1 Post By breeka
  • 2 Post By missxhillary
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By victorialm
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Shopper's Drug Mart Cashiers Rant

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Tonight, my friend and I were shopping at SDM (300 Taunton Rd. East, Oshawa, Ontario). We were both purchasing 4 packs of Royale bathroom tissue paper (4 was the store limit). There was a line up so another cashier came and opened up. I was next in line behind my friend so I went to the new cashier. My friend and I both had 4 coupons each. My cashier refused to take my 4 coupons and said he would only take 1 coupon. My friend who was with the other cashier heard my cashier say he would only take 1 coupon because the coupon stated "one coupon per purchase" and we both tried to explain to my cashier that each item was a purchase. He then looked at the other cashier and said he was only taking 1 coupon. My friend's cashier however took all 4 of her coupons (we had the exact same coupons), even after my cashier said he would only take 1! This is unacceptable.....If a store has a policy, I understand but each cashier should not have the right to make up their own policy. A policy should be consistent with all store employees.

So I went to another SDM down the street and didn't have any problems.

I emailed SDM to complain, I wonder if I'll get a response.....
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Shwa Girl and addict like this.
    If you look to others for fulfillment,
    you will never truly be fulfilled.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Go to their facebook page and you'll for sure get a reponse
    victorialm likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

my bf went and got the toliet paper for me on sunday cuz i was working, but apparently another shopper yelled at him because he grabbed 4 of the last 5 packs LMAO
    the customer said to him, Hey where did you get those? were u hiding them? I just looked everywhere and couldnt find them!
    (apparently there was a lone box left of the 12 double rolls)
    My bf said yea I got them out of that box, and the customer said YOUR TAKING 4 packs??! Thats not fair you cant do that,
    my bfs like yea actually I can, the limit is 4.

LOL gotta love a BF who coupons for you :D

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    Go to their facebook page and you'll for sure get a reponse
    The facebook page is a giant joke. It's impossible to get things resolved and you basically just get ignored. It's insulting. Just call them.
    hollyquaiscer and victorialm like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would speak to the manager about your situation. Especially since your friend got to use her coupons. My SD is a hit or miss. Sometimes they're happy to take coupons, other times I get a cashier that makes me feel like she's doing me a favor.
    Last edited by ***Kimura***; Tue, Oct 2nd, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    victorialm likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

today i went sdm and i bought 4 degree deodorant's 3 were for my hubby and the rest for me and my daughter plus i bought downy unstoppable s the deodorants where 1.79 so my coupons where for 1.00 off each one plus the downy was on sale for 6.99 and i had a 2.00 off coupon the cashier was refusing to take the coupons cause i was going to get the item for .79 so i told her its okay she still refused so i said call a manager plz the manager comes over and tell's the cashier to take the coupons and that it's okay. lol she was afraid that what i was doing was wrong lol.
    victorialm likes this.
    Have a great shopping day lets save money!

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

im thankful most of the cashiers at my SDM are sweethearts and always take my coupons no matter how many i bring in.. HOWEVER there is 1 girl, who put a sign on the wrong product therefore i got a 50$ blow dryer for 22.50 and then i asked for my bonus point card and she said hey don't do cards theyll randomly be added on later with a mystery bonus. Well because i had to ring everything back through to adjust the dryer price to 22.50 and not 50 they needed a manager.. who then gave me a bonus card... i was so mad at the first cashier for lying.. but left it alone and know for next time not to deal with her. She's the only one ive ever had an issue with at my SDM

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So what happened? What was Shopper's response to your e-mail? Just curious.
    victorialm likes this.

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I emailed them and told them about the situation and how upset I was. They emailed me back and admitted that my cashier was wrong. They sent me their coupon policy as well and said they would advise the store manager of the situation. They also gave me 8000 extra Optimum points.
    If you look to others for fulfillment,
    you will never truly be fulfilled.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by victorialm View Post
    I emailed them and told them about the situation and how upset I was. They emailed me back and admitted that my cashier was wrong. They sent me their coupon policy as well and said they would advise the store manager of the situation. They also gave me 8000 extra Optimum points.
    Great. At least you got 8000 points for your inconvenience.
    hollyquaiscer and addict like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The coupon states 1 per purchase, there are 4 purchases. What is difficult about that.....I don't think I will shop at SDM anymore, it's nothing but a hassle. You don't know from one minute to the next if they are taking back your points, I have had bonus point coupons that were never granted on the date they said they would or ever, to shop in the store and pick up all your items and get to the cash and cashier doesn't except the coupon, well they just wasted my time. I am glad you got your 8000 points, its unfortunate you had to go thru the torment to get it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

maybe cause im new but i dont get it if its one per purchase do you have to do four different transactions or one transaction

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That's why I don't shop at Shoppers or Rexall. Their cashiers and managers are rude and never stick to any of the rules. That's why if I need anything i go to walmart, freshco or no frills. Now that no frills has a rx, i will just bring my prescrptions there.

Thread Information