User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Supposedly owe on HBC card

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Some idiot cashier at Zellers screwed up somewhere when I used my HBC card because I supposedly owe 15.00 according to a statement I got in the mail. I used it one day to get 15% off and I always pay the balance off right there at cash, I don't charge anything, only pay in cash there. They damn well. They had better clear this up. It's "only" $15, not more, but I don't care. I'm noy paying for someone else's screw up. First time this happened.

This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post
    Some idiot cashier at Zellers screwed up somewhere when I used my HBC card because I supposedly owe 15.00 according to a statement I got in the mail. I used it one day to get 15% off and I always pay the balance off right there at cash, I don't charge anything, only pay in cash there. They damn well. They had better clear this up. It's "only" $15, not more, but I don't care. I'm noy paying for someone else's screw up. First time this happened.
    Do you have the receipt for the $15 payment?
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

May I ask, do you think the 'idiot' cashier purposely screwed up and made sure this would happen to you?

It was probably a completely honest mistake. The cashier is not an idiot, they just MADE A MISTAKE and that is human. That is, if they did at all. Maybe it wasn't the cashier, maybe it was a computer error. Maybe it was a multitude of things.

Cashiers are people too, you know, as is every person who works in a store, in the call center for the credit card, everywhere. You could have just as easily made such a mistake yourself after a long day at work, I don't think you'd appreciate being called an idiot for it.

I understand you're upset, but there is absolutely no need for that. And yes, I do work in a store as a cashier and have had my fair share of abuse for things beyond my control or that were completely accidental.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    May I ask, do you think the 'idiot' cashier purposely screwed up and made sure this would happen to you?.
    I'm sure she doesn't think that - that would make the cashier dishonest rather than an idiot. And yes, being double-charged gives you the right to call someone an idiot. I worked cash for 20 years, and sure mistakes happen. But at the same time I've also worked with/supervised plenty of idiot cashiers over the years. Cashiers are like anyone else, there's good, there's bad, there's idiots.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Personally, I'd be asking for all my statements on the card for the past x number of months to track down where this error is from before calling out a random staff member...yes, it could be a mistake, yes, it could be deliberate or yes...some-one could be stealing your id. even it could be a problem with the accounts dept.

OP, you first need to establish a paper trail in order to challange this charge and get it removed if the error is your favour.
    pippinelkhound and Shwa Girl like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That was the point, Dave. It would be kind of silly to sit there and think that the cashier planned to double charge you or overcharge you or screw you in any way.

There are very few people who would purposely double charge a person, especially since with credit cards, it's not like the dishonest person is making anything off of it.

Of course there are stupid people in the world, and some of them are cash monkeys. But they are human, what if that was your teenage daughter or son, or wife, or parent? I don't think you'd be very happy if people called them names or berated them in some way. What if they were new? Even if they did make a stupid mistake, I don't see any reason to call a person an idiot.

It was a screwup somewhere down the line, and calling the customer service for the credit card about it will likely get it resolved a whole lot faster than sitting around thinking about how stupid a cashier is.

I've been overcharged fifteen bucks before on a grocery bill because the cashier didn't push the half-off discount button. There was like ten items she missed. So yes, she did screw up, but she's not an idiot. Yes, I had to drive back there and spend 40 minutes at CS getting it all fixed. But she wasn't an idiot, she made a mistake.

It shocks me a little that you've seen 20 years worth of customers abusing service employees and you still feel that way.

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First of all, I agee with Dave. Secondly, I'm sure everyone else has had their share of times when you've called someone an a-hole or something of the liking when you've been upset.
    Third I don't think the person deliberately did it, otherwise I'd use the word "crook"! They'd have nothing to gain.

As well, I have no intentions in being ignorant or go into some fit when I speak with someone to get matters cleared up. I'll get ugly if I begin to get the runaround.

Also I know when this occured, and I happen to remember the cashier, as I'veseen him many times. He was not in any rush as I was the only one in line and it wasn't at the end of the day.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

HBC charges an administration cost for using the card. Just call the 1-800 # and they will fix.
    Jeff D likes this.

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iluvcoupon View Post
    HBC charges an administration cost for using the card. Just call the 1-800 # and they will fix.
    Things ate fixed.You don't hear too many good stories about people resolving problems with credit card companies but mine was an exception.

I went to resolve it at Zellers but the old witch at Zellers' cust. svc. today repeated "nothing I can do" call the other guys. It's like she was being inconveinced by me. She just had a bored look on her face and wasn't very pleasing to speak with.

I expected a headache when I called the credit card company but the woman there credited my account to the amount for the aggravation. That petty amount of money isn't anything to the company though, but I was grateful and I made sure she knew I appreciated the gesture.

I figure the cashier at Zellers put the cash in the till but didn't put it down as being paid off when I made the purchase back in August. And for the others that have growled about my first post I was polite. Also I don't feel the cashier screwed up the transaction did it deliberately!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff D View Post
    I went to resolve it at Zellers but the old witch at Zellers' cust. svc. today repeated "nothing I can do" call the other guys. It's like she was being inconveinced by me. She just had a bored look on her face and wasn't very pleasing to speak with.
    Glad it all worked out for you Jeff D.

Customer Service rep's reaction -- wonder if could be due to the fact that she will be losing her job eventually. Meaning, I don't think she is taking it out on you. Probably her mind is elsewhere -- what's my next job? How do I pay my bills, etc?
    pippinelkhound and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I wish people would understand that PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. What good does it do to come on the WWW and name call anyone? It doesn't help rectify the situation. Obviously the wise thing to do would have been to call the CREDIT CARD company in the first place to get it resolved. Then you could have come on here and posted about how awesome the customer service was.

I really dislike when people feel the need to name call such as you did with the "witch" at customer service. Maybe your attitude warranted her snarky attitude right back at you! Just sayin'

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ya people make mistakes I get that, BUT, mistake happen and should be fixed right away when people notice one has been made. Not go back and try and fix it and then customer service can't help you or act like it is your fault in the first place? That is the problem.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Would you be nice if a mistake was made and you try to fix it and no one wants to help you correct the mistake?? Ya you would be upset and would probably give the person attitude because no one will help you. It's human nature. If you work in customer service your job is to help the customer reslove an issue as best you can. That also includes explaining why you may not be the person that can help fix the problem, and direct the customer to the proper information as to what to do to slove the problem. Not be like "Nothing I can do..." Well can you please tell me WHO I should speak to???

Customer Service in certain places suck, just plain and simple

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Here's what I don't get - people post in here to rant. They may post how they _feel_ in that moment while they rant, but it doesn't mean that's how the behave, or even treat people in person. Sometimes people just need to get something off their chest, and choose to do so in our community.

But nearly every time, you can guarantee that someone is going to chastise a ranter for something they typed, for a word they may have used, for something that was assumed, or misinterpreted, or just for the fact that they are ranting about something that THEY feel is personally wrong or upsetting to THEM.

Honestly, if people cannot rant in the rant forum without all the chastising they get, why exactly do we even have a rant forum?

Just sayin'

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

WTG KrazE!

bobpj likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information