User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: how sad is this

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Well that sucks big time! WTF is wrong with people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What happened? It would help to know the circumstances.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

update .. note from time hortons

Tim Hortons commented on their Wall post.
    Tim Hortons wrote: "Thanks to everyone for your concern.

Our Team Members at this location are shaken and extremely saddened about the passing of their friend Joy. This happened during an overnight shift. When Joy collapsed, other three team members on duty immediately tried to revive her. The doors were locked to other guests and only emergency services were allowed in. Team members were given an option to go home and counseling was provided. Our restaurant will be closing on Friday to allow the team to attend Joy’s funeral services. A collection has been started at the restaurant to help Joy’s family."

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

absolutely disgusted!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

what i'd like to know is WHY the mainstream news has not picked this story up yet???
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Conflicting stories. Tim's said they did close and offer to send employees home. OP says the opposite. Either way it's very sad someone lost their life.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Conflicting stories. Tim's said they did close and offer to send employees home. OP says the opposite. Either way it's very sad someone lost their life.
    This...Some-one died and thier family has been devesated(sp?) as has thier collegues.

How the initial incident was handled is stilll up for debate. There are Many sides to the story. we will have the ones from the family, the ones from the other staff members, ones from disgruntled customers, ones from the first responders..etc..

Trial by the internet tends to want a black or white answer while in reality there are a whole host of grey shades of the truth out there.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I've had quite the hunt & can find her obituary in a number of locations. It states that she died in the hospital, but that could just be a formality (http://www.inmemoriam.ca/view-announ...n-vickers.html)

Don't get me wrong, sometimes stories have a way of being blown completely out of proportion depending on who is telling it, and since the news hasn't touched the story since her passing listed as October 1st, it's hard to say what is fact & what is embellishment.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Honestly, I think the first responders would have taken her to hospital. They wouldn't have left her body on a Tim Horton's floor. Besides if they did, the store would have absolutely closed as it would require a number of people including a coroner, police ect.... I'm sure even if they couldn't revive her the paramedics took her to the hospital. They don't just declare you dead after a few rounds of CPR and then walk away. She likely wasn't declared dead until she got to the hospital. Truthfully, I can't imagine any of my employers closing in that sort of situation. Closing for the funeral is a nice gesture.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    update .. note from time hortons

Tim Hortons commented on their Wall post.
    Tim Hortons wrote: "Thanks to everyone for your concern.

Our Team Members at this location are shaken and extremely saddened about the passing of their friend Joy. This happened during an overnight shift. When Joy collapsed, other three team members on duty immediately tried to revive her. The doors were locked to other guests and only emergency services were allowed in. Team members were given an option to go home and counseling was provided. Our restaurant will be closing on Friday to allow the team to attend Joy’s funeral services. A collection has been started at the restaurant to help Joy’s family."
    Why were they deleting the FB posts before this ?

I guess when it became a big story , thet started back peddaling and started pretending that , they actually care

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Looks like Tim's might be just doing some damage control and PR , after the story became big..not sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information