User Tag List

Page 363 of 493 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Today we got some neat sprinkles (really need to start baking something lol) and a neat painting book for Jackson. Which he saw and cried "I wanted a purple car!" and then "I want to paint now" which wasn't happening before daycare.

And I am home, thinking I should be at work, but we were both sick all night, though I sent him to daycare any way... it's his Christmas concert this afternoon. I just had some toast and am going to have a hot shower, if I keep it down I'll go in to work. I hate being sick!

Name:  IMAG0309.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  27.2 KB

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

On the 11th day, Armygirl gave to me... a handmade purple ruffle scarf made by Hailey! So prettyyy! Your daughter is so talented! Thank you for the gift and for knowing which colour -- the mix of purples are so beautiful! Im wearing to work today

Will post pics tonight of both day 10 & 11 gifts after work

Subscribe to my youtube channel for weekly VLOG updates on deals, couponing, & price matching. Happy couponing!
    www.youtube.com/user/SavvyCouponingMomJ

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

"I agree! I'm blown away by how generous some riders on this train are! I feel bad/cheap! I was just excited that I got my buddy a lot of wish list stuff "

I have to agree Pammie! i feel bad/cheap that i didnt do more for Klepto!

Jez, im so glad you guys are ok. A situation like that would have scared the sh*t out of me. I wouldnt know what to do!

Day 11 brought us some La Coupe Mousse and Hairspray

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

copying and pasting Mrs Sunshines' recommendation - will try to post todays gift using this method. Off to school first to drop off DD, then registering DD and DS for swim lessons, then painting the front hall then laundry then finish my 50 shades of grey ...
    Jezebel likes this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Awwww I feel awful that I may have upset people with my comment. In no way did I mean offence I was teasing as the post just lined up perfectly one after another and it made me laugh. Everyone on this train is amazingly generous just for being on it the Time and effort involved to learn about someone swells my heart, I have family that don't take that much time to know me. You are all beautiful people with generous soles, everyone set up their gift in the order they thought would most please their Buddy. Please please do not be upset with my teasing earlier, hugs!!!!!! I just want this train to go on forever

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    day 11 ffrom my cookie making coyote was 50 shades of grey 2 thank you !!!!

okay so crawled around dusting things I could reach...like the t.v stand it sits on ..end tables ect...pick up Jezz's toys..need to train her better ..she takes them out but never puts them away annyways klepto gets home and runs around with the vacumn...does the dishes ect place looks decent again....about an hour os so ago Jezz has 1/2 her toy box emptied again .....I was trying to keep everything in place for fussy visitor tomorrow ...oh well for that idea...

then there was a knock at the door klepto looks through the door asks me who it is.?(apparently he thinks I can see through walls) anyways I get to the door at this point a random woman steps into my porch area and proceeds to tell me she was dropped off by her bf at the corner when she called the police cause he assaulted her ?

then she proceeds to ask me for $20 cause she needs to get somewheres and she is lost and the police would not help her as she isn't from winnipeg...figuring I had all bases covered I said sorry I pay everything with debit...uh nope so I said sorry my leg is broken I can't walk to the store to get money......she then proceeds to tell me she will carry me

sigh I continue to say no,,,all the while I am standing in my house doorway I have my hand on the panic button (for my alarm system) just incase..... so I apologize but say no I am not giving her money...she proceeds to tell me she is a single mother of 5 and needs to get home and what a "B" I am that I won't help her when clearly I can afford to......in my mind I thought WTF...an she isn't leaving....so I pressed the panic button and told her I was doing so and she said oh you have an alarm system?? I was like um yeah see that big sign right there?? so she leaves as my cell is ringing (alarm company) they dispatched the police...

the police come but at this point I have locked the front porch and couldn't hear them knocking,,,so they phoned ..I let them in and they tromp around in their WET BOOTS grrrr then go to look for her ..pick her up about a block away and come back to show me her picture...yup it was her,,,

it was just so odd I wondered why she didn't stay at 7-11 few doors away from me...she would have better luck getting money there than randomly knocking on ppl's doors and scarring them !!

ok there was my excitement for the week !!!
    Geez thats nuts! Glad to hear that you are ok!

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    That's nuts! Glad everything's ended up OK and safe for you though! Saddens women what some people feel a need to do

Im going to have to call the police today myself actually. The last 2 weekends ( Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights) I've started getting harassing phone calls from a blocked number. I don't offend easily, but aside from being annoyed by someone calling my cell phone 10 times a night from like 9 pm to 8 am, The guy is muttering really really creepy lewd gibberish. Like just mutters. I called Telus last week and they were completely useless. Both the agent and when I spoke to the Privacy department, they told me I can put my phone on silent, or change my number. Ummm...ya, thanks for nothing! My good friend is a cop and said the carrier can in fact trace the calls (even though the rep said they can't). He works in a different police service though so I need to call Peel police. Just annoys me that Telus didn't seem to care at all. It's like it's OK for this creep to keep doing this, and I'm the one that needs to be put out and change my primary number that I've had for years! I feel like Im being punished, but it's really just that they're being lazy. When I pushed back and told them I wasn't satisfied with these options, she said 'well, I can waive the charge for changing your number.'. 'Gee, thanks! Go f yourself!'. But I didn't say that because I'm a people person. I swear. Really! (Plus, I used to be the HR manager for a call centre so I know what agents go through. But still...

I agree! I'm blown away by how generous some riders on this train are! I feel bad/cheap! I was just excited that I got my buddy a lot of wish list stuff (even though as I mentioned before, some was über practical...like paperclip's wendy! That one made me smile cause ive got ziplock baggies full of them in my couponing stuff). Mind you, I was super excited to get silicone spatulas from my wishlist lol!

I think it's the thought that counts though and I think everyone just appreciates the effort and stuff thats been put into all of the packages!
    If you register yor gift card, you are set up automatically for the rewards program. Every time that you purchase a coffee ( or other items during some promos) You receive a 'star.'. Certain numbers of stars get you to different reward levels (there are really only 2 you can achieve) that get you store related rewards...like coffee on your bday etc. plus now, instead of sending you coupons for the free coffees like they used to, they now load them on to your card to redeem.

Im using. J&j lotion too these days! Seems the only time I have to open a bottle of lube is whileim giving munchkin a massage! I've become slightly addicted to the apple/honey lotion.
    ^^^^ I dont think that came out the way you meant it to!

I have been using DD's J&J Head to Toe Wash as bodywash for my self lately.....

That sucks about the phone calls. that happened to me several years ago, my phone company gave me that same options, boo I didnt call the police (which I probably should have) but i did switch phone companys along with my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Today we got some neat sprinkles (really need to start baking something lol) and a neat painting book for Jackson. Which he saw and cried "I wanted a purple car!" and then "I want to paint now" which wasn't happening before daycare.

And I am home, thinking I should be at work, but we were both sick all night, though I sent him to daycare any way... it's his Christmas concert this afternoon. I just had some toast and am going to have a hot shower, if I keep it down I'll go in to work. I hate being sick!

Name:  IMAG0309.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  27.2 KB

hope you are feeling better in time for the christmas concert
    Last edited by julesie-pie; Tue, Dec 11th, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im not sure what I missed.. but no offence taken here.

Day 11-- Blueberry jam with Amaretto. hmm sounds inspiring.. breakfast pick me up. or yummy baking idea. thanks Shell. after eating your chocolate covered blueberries the other day in about 10 seconds.. maybe i better not touch this jam LOL.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

On the 11th day of christmas my buddy gave to me....

York Peppermint Bites mmmmmm..... (I have already opened them )

and a gift for DD (which she will open christmas morning)

thanks soo much CLB!

Off to take DD to the Santa Experience!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by julesie-pie; Tue, Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

oh mini train buddy, it was freezing on the walk to school this morning. I would LOVE a fleece neckwarmer for myself (one that I can pull up over my mouth and nose), preferrably black. homemade is A-ok.

I mentioned one for my DD a couple pages ago. If you could only do/get one, my DD is first priority! thanks!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

DD first time skating ever yesterday! She loved it!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    im not sure what I missed.. but no offence taken here.

Day 11-- Blueberry jam with Amaretto. hmm sounds inspiring.. breakfast pick me up. or yummy baking idea. thanks Shell. after eating your chocolate covered blueberries the other day in about 10 seconds.. maybe i better not touch this jam LOL.

Yummm! Amaretto! I still haven't made myself that Blueberry tea I've been craving!

Day 11 for me was black & white acrylic paints, and some artist brushes... I'm gonna get my craft on! Thanks Juliejolie!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Yes NO ONE should feel bad or feel as though they did not spend enough, it is the thought that counts not the money spent, plus there is many of us on this train that look forward to the advent every year just to spoil SOMEONE else

Whatever the circumstances I am sure EVERYONE on here LOVES every gift that is given because someone took the time to pick it out

For myself these are my tricks on keeping my OOP down for this train as I know I will ride it EVERY year as long as it runs - although I may not know who my buddy will be next year I already have a couple of things stashed away for him/her as I know these items are ALWAYS on someones wishlist

1. I can stack
    2. Coupons with overage - i.e Tena / Nexxus - there is always 1 coupon that has crazy overage
    3. $5 Kellogg's Gas cards - started traded for these early
    4. Picking up things for the next years advent train on boxing week
    5. SDM Redemptions
    6. Being a smart shopper, NEVER pay full price
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Tue, Dec 11th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Day 11 brought hubby a nice surprise- the package was for him!

Thanks so much!
    Name:  11.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  47.1 KB

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

now just hand her a hockey stick and she's set

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    DD first time skating ever yesterday! She loved it!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Awwww I feel awful that I may have upset people with my comment. In no way did I mean offence I was teasing as the post just lined up perfectly one after another and it made me laugh. Everyone on this train is amazingly generous just for being on it the Time and effort involved to learn about someone swells my heart, I have family that don't take that much time to know me. You are all beautiful people with generous soles, everyone set up their gift in the order they thought would most please their Buddy. Please please do not be upset with my teasing earlier, hugs!!!!!! I just want this train to go on forever
    Haha - I'm not upset in the slightest! I'm just rocked by people's generosity too! Teasing's good and I laughed at the way the posts lined up too! All good

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    Geez thats nuts! Glad to hear that you are ok!

^^^^ I dont think that came out the way you meant it to!

I have been using DD's J&J Head to Toe Wash as bodywash for my self lately.....

That sucks about the phone calls. that happened to me several years ago, my phone company gave me that same options, boo I didnt call the police (which I probably should have) but i did switch phone companys along with my phone number.

hope you are feeling better in time for the christmas concert
    It wasn't lost on me!

I think, since the only complete outfit icanfind forMunchkin (or myself forthatmatter!) is a christmas outfit, it's time to go get our first Santa picture. This ought to be interesting! Lol

Thread Information