User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Canadian Tire Pricing on Sales

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watch out when buying items on sale at Can. Tire. I pickup a frying pan on sale for $20.44 regular $34.99. When checking out the cashregister rings in $45.18. I told the cashier thats the wrong price, its on sale. She says no, thats the right price. I says your cashregister is wrong. I tell her to go check it out on the shelf. She says yes, your right. Lesson learned, check the prices when they are ringing in your items as this has happened to me a couple of times before.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire
    matrix82, Mia001, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobpj View Post
    Watch out when buying items on sale at Can. Tire. I pickup a frying pan on sale for $20.44 regular $34.99. When checking out the cashregister rings in $45.18. I told the cashier thats the wrong price, its on sale. She says no, thats the right price. I says your cashregister is wrong. I tell her to go check it out on the shelf. She says yes, your right. Lesson learned, check the prices when they are ringing in your items as this has happened to me a couple of times before.
    You are right.
    Last scratch card event, the guy in front of us was buying a frying pan too.
    And like you, the price was wrong.

Thanks for the tip. And welcome to Smart Canucks.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Oct 6th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thank'S for the tip....it's so true with Canadian Tire ...in our town they often have the wrong price or don't have the article in special and ending offering you someting different ( other brand +less quality) at the special price....no wonder some people call them 'Crappy Tire'

welcome in the family !
    Last edited by Mia001; Sat, Oct 6th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    thank'S for the tip....it's so true with Canadian Tire ...in our town they often have the wrong price or don't have the article in special and ending offering you someting different ( other brand +less quality) at the special price....no wonder some people call them 'Crappy Tire'

welcome in the family !
    That sounds like bait and switch.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    That sounds like bait and switch.
    Things like that make me so angry... Before smartcanucks I was one of those people who'd rather put on my lip gloss and talk to cashiers than watch for price errors, and I would have been to embarrassed to ever call anyone out for a SCOP... Now I'm like a hawk at that cash register, and I get anxious if they even start scanning in my items before I can make it to the screen lol!

Bobpj did you end up getting a SCOP on the frying pan? $10 off would've been awesome! And welcome to SC!!!
    walkonby likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponclippercaitie View Post
    Things like that make me so angry... Before smartcanucks I was one of those people who'd rather put on my lip gloss and talk to cashiers than watch for price errors, and I would have been to embarrassed to ever call anyone out for a SCOP... Now I'm like a hawk at that cash register, and I get anxious if they even start scanning in my items before I can make it to the screen lol!

Bobpj did you end up getting a SCOP on the frying pan? $10 off would've been awesome! And welcome to SC!!!
    I should have mentioned that I did get the frypan for $20.44 after she went and checked on the sale price

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobpj View Post
    I should have mentioned that I did get the frypan for $20.44 after she went and checked on the sale price
    You should have mentioned Scanning Code of Practice and got $10 off making it $10.44.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Last year my friend bought a frying pan advertised in the flyer and it rang in higher as well. Wonder how much money they are making off of people not checking their reciepts.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think this store is good for pricing.I've never had a SCOP there.I've been SCOPing since it started.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is up to a business if they bother to credit $10, it is not mandatory

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    You should have mentioned Scanning Code of Practice and got $10 off making it $10.44.
    Last weekend I purchased a motion detector light at Canadian Tire. The same thing happened, the shelf price was an out of date sign and the cash register price was much higher. I got the sale price and asked about the SCOP, but was told I could either have the sale shelf price or the $10. The SCOP posted on the till said it would be applied to "any displayed price", but the clerk said no. When does a SCOP apply?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kjkoz View Post
    Last weekend I purchased a motion detector light at Canadian Tire. The same thing happened, the shelf price was an out of date sign and the cash register price was much higher. I got the sale price and asked about the SCOP, but was told I could either have the sale shelf price or the $10. The SCOP posted on the till said it would be applied to "any displayed price", but the clerk said no. When does a SCOP apply?
    You should have got $10 off the displayed sale price.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They recently upped the cost of a "service" from $20 to $25 and are now promoting a "discount" of 25%. brings it down to the regular price.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find Crappy Tire fights SCOP when customers bring it up simply because they are interdependently owned and don't want to fess up when they make a mistake.

I have begun scanning the items in-store at their price check machines, and when the price comes up different than the shelf price, I take a picture of the shelf price prior to going to the cash register as proof.

One instance when the price rang up wrong at the cash I mentioned about SCOP and the cashier called back to the department to confirm the price. The cashier told me the staff member in that department told her there was no price sticker on the shelf. I went back and low and behold the staff had REMOVED AND TAKEN the price tag away! I refused to buy the item. Thus now why I take pictures as proof.
    niro_anan likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I don't visit CT very often. I don't have a car, so usually carry a backpack to put my purchases into, carry reusable bags, etc. As soon as I walk in the store, someone is chasing me and telling me I must leave my bag at customer service. If I have other stuff I bought in there, I don't want to leave it there. I don't like being treated like I've already done something wrong when I walk in the door, so I don't walk in that door very often.
    niro_anan and GoJays like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information