User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Deal Find - Xpress Property Works

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Wondering if anyone else bought into any of their deals. If so, what kind of service did you receive?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I didn't buy this one but I bought a TeamBuy with them for carpet cleaning back in the middle of March.
    I would HIGHLY suggest not dealing with them - I am in the process of trying to get a refund through TeamBuy (unlikely, but worth a shot).

They are hard to contact and get responses from (don't respond back when they say they will) - and they emailed me back yesterday after I followed up again saying their equipment for carpet cleaning is being serviced so they are unavailable. I don't like having to chase them down for something I already paid for.

Also, DealFind has a bunch of messages about questions regarding their services and it took them til the next day to get answers. I just don't know how well it'll go to deal with them especially if it's multiple service visits like lawn care might be.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Yikes. I'd really just try and get your money back. I wouldn't let them clean my carpets after seeing the "detailed" attention they gave my yard. (note sarcasm) If they do come, watch them do it.

We bought this lawn deal:
    http://www.dealfind.com/halifax/wxpr...ertyservices2/

They came today, and I was very disappointed. Three guys showed up. I watched them out the window and they basically were just grabbing stuff out of their truck and using their tools for appearance sake. Actually one guy didn't do anything the entire time they were here. The youngest guy literally ran circles around the front of our yard with the aerator totally missing more than half of the yard. I went out and asked what they were doing and the older guy (calling me dear...that didn't help his case!) basically BS'ed about how the aerator works. I told him that the point was to, put simply, put holes evenly in the entire yard and he said, "Well dear, I dunno, I'm just the painter". I told them my husband was on his way home, so they grabbed more stuff out of the truck and started working again. By the time my husband got home I was pretty upset. He started chatting with the guys, and I told him I need to talk to him in the house (clearly letting the guys know that I wasn't happy). It was then the younger kid started aerating the other part of our lawn with an actual purpose.
    The lime they put down seemed to be good quality, but when I questioned whether they had put it down at all, the guy ran to a clump to prove that he put it down. (I'm no lawn care expert, but pretty sure clumps of lime won't be as effective!). So it was clumpy.
    In the end they did more work than they would have if we weren't here. But there is no way we will ever be purchasing any deal from them again. I can't even imagine paying full price.
    If you did buy this deal, and are stuck with it and they come to your house, before they do ANY work at all, tell them you will be watching them to see they cover all areas of your lawn. You're right, they are a multi-service company, and I was wary when I saw their website (with the two reviews). I really should have known better.
    Lesson learned!
    Last edited by Bilby; Thu, Apr 26th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought the painting one (actually bought 2) back in March, can't say I have been all that happy with them today, however I do have a consultation apt booked for tomorrow at noon.. I'll keep you posted. I have had great refunds through dealfind in the past..

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ended up getting the refund with TeamBuy for TeamBucks - thankful to not have to deal with them
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Oh good for you!
    I found this on the Better Business Bureau. 10 complaints within the last year. I'll will definitely be adding another.

http://www.bbb.org/maritime-province...884/complaints

Should note that other business names under the same guy include : Roscoe's Landscaping, Ice Demon, (Xpress Property Works) and Interior Design Painting
    Last edited by Bilby; Fri, Apr 27th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
    Oh good for you!
    I found this on the Better Business Bureau. 10 complaints within the last year. I'll will definitely be adding another.

http://www.bbb.org/maritime-province...884/complaints

Should note that other business names under the same guy include : Roscoe's Landscaping, Ice Demon, (Xpress Property Works) and Interior Design Painting
    WOW thanks for the link! A full on F on BBB! Glad I recouped my money (or equivalent).
    I really should have done my homework but usually I have never had issues before with things purchased from Daily Deal sites - granted they are mostly food vouchers for restaurants.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They showed up today, for a consultation for the painting deal I bought, didn't seem to bad.. you all have me worried though. I should hear next week when they will be coming to actually paint.. but now i'm worring the quality of their work!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

After reading everyone's issue's I also checked out BBB, and then I contacted Deal Find and told them I wanted a refund, then I wrote another email to Xpress Property and they responded with a note that said they will be in touch to arrange the work, wrote them back and told them I requested a refund from deal find, they came back to me with "I will refund the money just let them know" That tells me that he has bit off far more than he can handle, and was probably happy to refund me. I was not willing to take the risk that I would be unsatisfied. This is the 2nd deal find I have purchased for lawn services that has gone sour. I would not ever recommend buying a service like this, restaurant coupons have been no issue

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeah I definitely agree with you about biting off more than he can chew. His emails did seem rather frazzled back and forth, but that's what happens when I've seen MULTIPLE deals from his company on TeamBuy and DealFind. There was driveway sealing, carpet cleaning, lawn maintenance, painting, something about gutters I believe. Daily deal website vouchers go like hotcakes and to have that many on websites (and doubles between the two sites) might mean he just got over his and his staffs heads quite quickly. Either way I am glad with the refund and will be using my TeamBucks "refund" to buy restaurant vouchers and figure out the carpet cleaning thing later (we have my parents carpet cleaner but it's intense because it's old and manual so a lot of upper body strength on awkward stairs).

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Yeah, he most likely did take too many orders. (The main problem with these deal sites...although he could have capped the numbers) Before we bought the deal, my husband talked to him on the phone and he said he was putting out all these deals because he wanted new customers and was hoping to retain a good portion of them. The problem with that business plan for him is that when you get in over your head you have to hire new crews that aren't properly trained, you rush, and you subsequently do a poor job and hurt your business in the end. That should be clear to anyone what runs a business. So because I received such poor service, I can't help but feel the whole thing was a money grab. Why else would he put so many deals out at once? (My opinion)

Who knows? Maybe he hired really good painters. I can only say the lawn care I received was terrible. It's not as easy to get away with a poor paint job!

If it were me, I'd still try to get my money back though before it's too late.

Also haven't had any issue with restaurant deals. Love 'em!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

one other point that may be of interest to folks is how little the person posting the deal actually takes home. last year, we bought a junk removal deal. through the course of dialogue with the guy (seller/owner), who actually asked for extra money from us, i came to understand what a significant cut the deal site actually takes. it was simple math to realize that this guy was pretty much working for nothing. unlike lawn care, a good job wouldn't necessarily yield repeat business. i think there are a lot of people looking to make some extra money (often with no ill intent) who just aren't that savvy in business. we ended up working something out for him that helped him out and we were satisgied with his work in the end.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone had a paint job done by this company?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilby View Post
    Wondering if anyone else bought into any of their deals. If so, what kind of service did you receive?
    Very disappointed like others have stated, the fact he operated under a different name last year - Roscoe's Landscaping says it all.
    Sites should have a little more policy in place to avoid business with "shady" operations such as this.

There was also mention of too many orders, thing is he keeps offering them on many different sites, if he is overwhelmed and not delivering the services as purchase he should stop adding new deals and focus one purchased to date and make sure his customers are satified. Although... I know he is not interested in that and will likely just come up with a completely different name next year to do business under. I know for one I will not be a sucker again and will avoid these types of deals unless from a reputable business which has been in business "under the same name" for at least 2-3 years.

Weenie Mom
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I think with a lot of these deals they will accept so many and hope that people forget they have them to use. I had bought 2 so far from operations that have since gone out of business. I think it is primarily a quick influx of cash for them and they cross their fingers and hope that they don't have to deliver on all of the ones sold. Trying to book one of the "Spa" ones that I bought was a nightmare, she never had availability and finally she just disappeared. The deal sites are really good though on refunding, although it isn't always cash just a credit for future deals.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information