User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By mrsJOEwackIM
  • 1 Post By rish
  • 1 Post By lindon
  • 1 Post By ssbean
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu

Thread: Thanksgiving Sale at Bombay Brag!!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

At Bombay they had a Thanksgiving Day promotion - all bedroom furniture was 40% off and if you spend $500 you get a $100 gift card.

My husband and I just got married this past summer, so we have been going to auctions and trying to find deals on furniture so we can fill our new home. Furniture is so ridiculously expensive, it drives us NUTS!

We go to Bombay all the time looking for deals. We spent a ton of money on our King size Bombay bed (regular price is $1700 - we got it for about $900) and we are trying to match the rest of the bedroom furniture with it - it's the Herning set.

Today, we saw floor model samples of the Chest of Drawers and the Lingerie Chest in the same set. They were both pretty damaged with scratches especially on the tops. The Chest of Drawers is regularly priced at $1000. With the 40% off it would have been $600, but because of the damages we got 70% of the regular price - which means we paid $300.

The Lingerie Chest was regularly priced at $800. With the 40% off it would have been $480, but because of the damages we got 70% of the regular price - which means we paid $240. (At first it was marked at $280, but my husband made the point that not only was it scratched, it was also missing one of the handles, so she made it 70% off and we got another $40 off, making it $240!)

We might try to fix the scratches by sanding the tops down and staining them. We already have the stain, so it wouldn't cost us more money. Just time and effort. But even if we don't I can totally live with the scratches. I would rather save money than have it be perfect - it would probably eventually get damaged anyway.

To top it all off, because we spent over $500, we got a $100 gift card that can be used toward our next purchase!!

In the past we also bought a floor model of the Townsend Oval Coffee Table at Bombay which is regularly $500 - for $250.

And we also got a floor model of the Essex Blanket Chest (which we can't even fit in our room because of our gigantic bed) which is regularly $700 - for $250.

I'd say today's excursion was pretty productive. Now all we need to find is two of the night tables and the dresser on super discount so our bedroom can be more complete! :D
    This thread is currently associated with: Bombay
    Last edited by mrsJOEwackIM; Mon, Oct 8th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

wow! great great deal
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wowie! that bed is beautiful!!
    ssbean likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

The furniture is beautiful! WTG on the great deals.
    couponer2 likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Great deals and lovely furniture. You might try putting a runner on top of the dresser.
    couponer2 likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Thread Information