User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tim Hortons $1 Café Mocha, Latte or French Vanilla*

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Tim Hortons ~~~Hurry in and try our Café Mocha, Latte or Classic French Vanilla for only $1 each small plus applicable taxes.
    This thread is currently associated with: Tim Hortons
    Last edited by costybex; Sun, Oct 7th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
    glenglen and cath007 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Our Tim Horton's on 1609 Idylwyld Drive in Saskatoon has had the worst coffee the past 2 months it tastes and looks like hot water I have had to take it back and get hot chocolate the last 3 times I told my husband and he said it probably was just me well he came home yesterday with a cup and he asked me to taste it as it tested like hot water I want to complain but I go there so often as its across the street from me,is there any other people on her who have had the same problem or is it just our Tim's,
    I am going over there today I will have the on sale Latte as it is really good,sorry to jack your thread but I was stewing over the Tim's all day LOL!Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i had the mocha today and it tasted just like their hot chocolate. not good.

hmmm it's $1 but after tax, it came up to $1.18. 18% tax in BC. am i missing something?
    glenglen likes this.
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Same thing here. It charged me way too much tax too! Wonder if it's programmed total on the original price.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

is this the french vanilla cappucinno on special?
    if so i have had it and it is great (i like sweet). Compared to their latte, which I've never had, how is it? latte has espresso right?
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    is this the french vanilla cappucinno on special?
    if so i have had it and it is great (i like sweet). Compared to their latte, which I've never had, how is it? latte has espresso right?
    I think its only the classic french vanilla. I believe the reg. price for that is $ 1.48 for the small one.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu...ialty-hot#9271
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by swallow_046 View Post
    i had the mocha today and it tasted just like their hot chocolate. not good.

hmmm it's $1 but after tax, it came up to $1.18. 18% tax in BC. am i missing something?
    Any food item 4 bucks or below or even the total bill of 4 bucks or below, they are only supposed to charge you the GST ( no PST or HST )

So it should be only 1.05 after tax , as only the GST of 5 % is supposed to be charged if the food bill is below 4 bucks.

If you have a receipt you should complain to Tim's as the franchise owner might be scamming the public and pocketing the extra cash under the name of tax

Is the price right at Tim Hortons?

April 19 2007 by Ellen Roseman
    The coffee is a great deal, but you may get clipped by cashier error if you order food to go with it. A reader, Ross T in Kingston, has found frequent mispricing.

http://www.ellenroseman.com/?p=24

Purchase 1 Medium Coffee, 1 Donut, 1 Chicken Salad sandwich under the sandwich deal. Last year, I went to several different Tim Hortons and they seemed to overcharge me more often than they got it right. The deal is $3.99 plus tax. The correct total should be $4.23 but I’ve been charged $4.89.
    Meals of $3.99 or less are exempt from Ontario sales tax. Only GST should be charged. However, even with 14% sales taxes, it shouldn’t add up to $4.89.
    Sometimes the clerks redo the transaction and sometimes the managers have to be summoned. Just imagine the hundreds of thousands of meals sold every day and the mistaken overcharges.
    Ross later realized that other meals could be mispriced, not just the $3.99 sandwich deal, when he went to Tim Hortons with a friend.
    They must have seen me coming, since they got my order right. My friend bought a BLT sandwich deal for $5.25 and the total was $6.80. When I questioned the amount, it was soon corrected to a $5.99 total.
    I don’t believe the problem is related to sales tax, but to pushing the wrong buttons on the cash register at the customer’s expense.
    So, here’s what I want to know. Have you had the same problem? Tim Hortons is busy, with line-ups out the door and lots of part-time staff. Maybe other fast food chains are vulnerable to pricing errors, too.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Mon, Oct 8th, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
    glenglen and Eva-M like this.

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mmmmmm, i love their French Vanillas their Cafe Mocha taste like extremely watered down coffee to me, which is not good at all! I usually make my own mochas at home, but I love a Timmy's FV once in a while
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

haha it had to be said
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I looove their cafe mochas, so I've been getting use out of this. I've noticed though that the quality really depends on where it's from. The Tim Hortons in the mall here makes great ones every time and then I got one somewhere else and it tasted really watered down. So I'll just stick to where I know they're good.
    glenglen, costybex and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the Tim's I went to said that Lattes were not $1. The sign at the cash only showed the mocha and I asked him which ones were for $1 and he said the mocha, french vanilla, and ice cap. strange...
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I LOVE the French Vanilla's, Im actually sitting here drinking a Vanilla Latte right now but i had to come home and put some sugar in it as it was really blan
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vala View Post
    the Tim's I went to said that Lattes were not $1. The sign at the cash only showed the mocha and I asked him which ones were for $1 and he said the mocha, french vanilla, and ice cap. strange...
    Its weird they even have it on their website.

Iced cap for only a buck is a good deal , although now its too cold to have thrm
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Their French vanilla is pretty good although its a bit too sweet.

But their latte is horrible, its like drinking a cup of warm milk..not even hot milk but a warm glass of milk..lol

Their cafe mocha is not that great either.

I would say, out of the three only FV is worth having for a buck.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay!! Thanks for the post
    glenglen likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information