User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: [merged threads] December 1st MEGA Redemption Event

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Oh wow, I'm only one 20x day away from a redemption! Now all we need is a flyer lol. I assume all the deals are crappy on redemption day? So best to redeem for stuff that never goes on sale like fragrances?
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yay, thanks! Can't wait.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm 22,000 points shy of 4X $250 redemptions. So excited, been planning for weeks already as to what I am going to buy.

I think I will be waiting until the GC promo to score those last 22k points.
    bibiee likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Oh wow, I'm only one 20x day away from a redemption! Now all we need is a flyer lol. I assume all the deals are crappy on redemption day? So best to redeem for stuff that never goes on sale like fragrances?

Pretty much the case. Good time to stock up on the stuff from the cosmetics boutique, some of the electronics (games etc), books, magazines etc that don't go on sale. (It's usually a SDM xmas in my house for this very reason! Who doesn't need a magazine in their stocking etc!).

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Can someone explain this very simply to me because I've never done a redemption lol. If you have 95000 points, the goal is to cash that in? and this is actually worth $250 of stuff? and you don't have to pay a cent??
    -can you use coupons and fpcs during this time??
    -can you GET points as well from the items you "purchase" during this event?
    - and is it best to wait til you have 95000 points, is this the better deal, or is it the same pretty much if you want to cash in at a lower point amount?
    thanks, and if there are any other details i left out and anyone can explain more about it, please do!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Can someone explain this very simply to me because I've never done a redemption lol. If you have 95000 points, the goal is to cash that in? and this is actually worth $250 of stuff? and you don't have to pay a cent?? If you get $250 in non-taxable items such as grocery then yes, if you get any taxable items then you'll need to pay taxes. Easiest way to remember is $250 pre-tax. You need to pay out of pocket the tax portion on taxable items.
    -can you use coupons and fpcs during this time?? yes
    -can you GET points as well from the items you "purchase" during this event? No you don't get points when you redeem, but you can still get points if the item has bonus points (eg, buy 1 Aveeno get 1000 points)
    - and is it best to wait til you have 95000 points, is this the better deal, or is it the same pretty much if you want to cash in at a lower point amount? Best reward is at 95000 level
    thanks, and if there are any other details i left out and anyone can explain more about it, please do!!!
    Not 100% sure about answer #2.
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
    littlebean likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

thank u! so even if my total is $220 and the tax is $30, I will still need to pay the tax, even though it's within the $250?

I guess then it doesn't matter if you use a fpc or not, if you most likely won't get points from it, right?

also, has shoppers been doing this for years??
    Last edited by littlebean; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank u! so even if my total is $220 and the tax is $30, I will still need to pay the tax, even though it's within the $250?

I guess then it doesn't matter if you use a fpc or not, if you most likely won't get points from it, right?

When you redeem if you spend $220 you lose $30 then pay tax on $220.You don't get points on FPC.
    littlebean likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It is going to be the third year.

You need to have $250 before taxes. Your total will be $280. You will redeem $250 and pay $30.
    littlebean and cally like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

My first redemption and I am ready for one and half redemption but sure will be able to do two since its about 2 months till mega redemption.
    I only joined in July so I am pretty happy. Will be getting a game console (for my DH) and a nice fragrance for me probably only if DS and DH won't come up with another demand till December.lolzzzzz
    thanks OP

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

so in order to "qualify"you for sure need $250 or more BEFORE taxes, yes?
    I almost feel like what the hell can i spend $250 on?? lol I never spend that much in one place! anyone else feel the same!?

so if we redeem the 95000 points, it is an EXTRA $80 they are giving us right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    It is going to be the third year.

You need to have $250 before taxes. Your total will be $280. You will redeem $250 and pay $30.
    Last edited by littlebean; Tue, Oct 9th, 2012 at 04:18 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

point of advice to get points faster. buy a giftcard use ur points card then use ur card again when you buy your items. double the points. if your store does not allow this talk to a manager because it is allowed
    http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/nephora
    Gift hulk please use this link. earn money and prizes
    http://superpoints.com/refer/angelkisses3000
    earn cash and prizes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

woohoo..thanks for the early heads-up...last year I managed to do 5x, with the pts I'm having this year I don't know if I can do that much.

I have about 450K right now (4x95K ... still have 70K left)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I get the feeling that if you want to meet other SCers, just head out to your local SDM on December 1st, and look for the people with 2 carts bungee corded together...

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

so in order to "qualify"you for sure need $250 or more BEFORE taxes, yes?
    I almost feel like what the hell can i spend $250 on?? lol I never spend that much in one place! anyone else feel the same!?

so if we redeem the 95000 points, it is an EXTRA $80 they are giving us right?
    Correct. You need to spend $250 to qualify. If you were at $220 and seriously couldn't find anything else, you could buy some non perishable food or personal care stuff and donate it to a food bank and/or womens shelter or toy drive to make up the difference.

Yep,it's $80 extra from regular redemptions

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information