User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: [merged threads] December 1st MEGA Redemption Event

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Okay so I have a question...What about the people that don't have a ton of points to redeem? I think I have like 24,000. Do they have anything special going on for the lower tiers during mega redemption or are we basically getting the shaft and no bonus unless we have a ton of points? I've been trying to save to do some grocery shopping redemption but not if I can only get $10 worth and no bonus or anything!
    glenglen likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Yes, there are different Bonus options for ALL of the redemtion levels.

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Okay so I have a question...What about the people that don't have a ton of points to redeem? I think I have like 24,000. Do they have anything special going on for the lower tiers during mega redemption or are we basically getting the shaft and no bonus unless we have a ton of points? I've been trying to save to do some grocery shopping redemption but not if I can only get $10 worth and no bonus or anything!
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    It might be more worth it to just keep your points till next year when you have more. I have enough for 1 x $250 and I'm about 35,000 points short of a second one so if I don't make it, I'll just keep them till next year.
    glenglen and PurpleBunny89 like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I don't think it's ALL the levels..i remember it being the top 3..but i could be wrong...
    glenglen, anisa and PammieD like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

its the top two levels this year.
    glenglen likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

im confused i thought you could cash in your points at any time of the year so im confused.
    glenglen likes this.
    Have a great shopping day lets save money!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

you can cash in at any time of the year at 'regular' point levels. at MEGA redemptions ONLY you get more for your points.
    glenglen likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by breeka View Post
    im confused i thought you could cash in your points at any time of the year so im confused.
    You can but mega redemption allows you to redeem for a higher amount. During any other time, the top level gets you $170, at mega-redemption time you redeem for $250.
    glenglen and torontogal12 like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almost enough for 3 redemptions (that's since the middle redemption of $125 last Dec.) I had the best cosmetic person help me on my day and commented about the coupons and such i was using I probably will only do 1 or 2 - see what I can get - start scouting the shoppers in my area ^^ TY for the heads up :D
    glenglen likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thanks Torontogal12 - that is exactly what I meant re the GC's being purchased with CC's.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Are you referring to my comment or Chimmi's?

My mom had a $350 gc to a store and when she tried to use it this month the balance was zero and she nearly had a heart attack.

The company tried to figure out what happened and someone in Vancouver had used it. We live in Toronto and have never been to Vancouver. My mom's card even had a pin number that needs to be scratched off and used at the cash register in order to be valid. It was still unscratched!

We looked it up and gift cards can be cloned. Try to get GCs that are kept behind the cash registers. People can steal blank ones, clone them at home. Then put them back on the shelf. They keep checking the balance until the card with the number they cloned becomes active. Then they go on a shopping spree and your legit card with the same number is also zero. When pin numbers are 4 digits, they can write a simple computer program to crack the pin code. After all, there's only 9999 possible combinations.

Mom did end up getting her money back in the end but it was a hassle and the company took a week to figure out whether she was telling the truth. And poor mom was worried for the whole week that she had lost SO much money because they had originally told her they would only give her back a portion. They ended up giving it all back and were really good about it.

I think what Chimmi is referring to is that the stores don't want GCs purchased with credit cards because those credit cards can be stolen. Since GCs are pretty much untraceable, the store would be out the GC money (which would have likely been long spent. Probably on the same day of purchase with the stolen credit card).
    glenglen and torontogal12 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I do this as well with some of my GC's - great advice PammieD

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Good explanation of it Torontogal

Littlebean, this is one of the reasons you'll notice a lot of companies have the gift cards in the cardboard envelope/encasement type things. The best idea is as torontogal said, to try and get cards from behind the counter. I've also taken to transferring balances almost immediately to a few cards that I've had for a while and keep in rotation. Chapters etc get deposited to my online account as soon as I buy or receive them (and if I want to go buy something in the store, I just transfer the balance back from my online account to the card). Timmies, Starbucks etc - I transfer all of the balances to the cards I have had in my wallet for a long time (that I figure are less likely to have been duplicated with the increasing trend of gift card fraud). None of these 'strategies' are really guaranteed, but they do give me a little piece of mind!
    glenglen and lealgen like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

If I go buy the 4 packs huggies diapers and get 20x points this on oct 17 as they are giving 2500 points for 1 huggies will I get 200.000,thanks.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    If I go buy the 4 packs huggies diapers and get 20x points this on oct 17 as they are giving 2500 points for 1 huggies will I get 200.000,thanks.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127130-...-faq-q-canada/
    glenglen likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    Yes, there are different Bonus options for ALL of the redemtion levels.
    yay! Does anyone know yet what the amounts would be? I have enough for a $10 redemption currently, but by Dec I should have enough for what is it I think $30 redemption is the next tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    It might be more worth it to just keep your points till next year when you have more. I have enough for 1 x $250 and I'm about 35,000 points short of a second one so if I don't make it, I'll just keep them till next year.
    I'm aiming to redeem this year. I don't generally spend a lot at shoppers since everything is overpriced, so I will probably just get groceries and things on sale or that I have coupons for so I can stock up and try to get all free groceries for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    its the top two levels this year.
    awww boo well that sucks I was hoping for maybe a $50 level that I could get my groceries for the month LOL! Oh well guess I am waiting for next year or whenever I ever manage to have enough points to redeem on a mega day. Not worth it to redeem for the regular redemption levels.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscfgb View Post
    I cannot state my Shoppers Drug Mart source, due to the fact that this information has only been shared to employees at or above a specific level - but I have direct knowledge that Shoppers will be holding their Mega Redemption on December 1st. (I do not know if it will extend to December 2nd as well).

For the 95,000 point level, you will get $250 in redemption money. I don't know about the lower tiers, just the top tier.

Save your points!
    Is there any way you can find out if there will be the gift card promo again in Nov - spend $150 on GCs, get 8000 bonus points? Please, please, please, please
    Wanna Join WagJag? àhttp://www.wagjag.com/?wid=32ea912f41ea7fd17f7c8a136779b461<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Wanna Join Groupon? àhttp://www.groupon.com/r/uu20943525<o:p></o:p>

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information