User Tag List

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree557Likes

Thread: [merged threads] December 1st MEGA Redemption Event

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post
    I collect and redeem throughout the year too. I try NOT to accumulate too much points (once I get past a certain threshold, I start redeeming $30/$60 weekly for groceries etc) as I don't trust SDM NOT to renumerate the points system. They have done that at least once and they also got rid of a lower redemption level. And I only have had the card for 4.5 years! I will not spend $$$ just to get the points, when I can get better deals elsewhere.

But recently I found that I can order my daughter's special milk (high calorie) through SDM pharmacy and I can pay with points. So there's where all my 500k+ points are going from now on
    In all fairness to SDM, last time they changed the promotion levels, they did give lots of advance warning, and several bonus redemptions as well as extra 20X point promos.

Gee I miss those days when the ROI was over 65% when I did things perfectly (bought SDM GCs first, only shopped on 20X days and redeemed on bonus redemption days and was a plus member so received 10K points everytime I redeemed) Back then I was surprised at the ROI and wondered if it was sustainable.

Now the ROI is around 40%. But, IMO there is no better rewards program out there.
    Last edited by kidsteph; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: typo
    Cuckoobird and thriftygranny like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    k someone please help me out. i think ive lost all ability to calculate lol cuz something doesnt make sense

regular redemption:
    170$ / 95,000 pts = 0.0017
    whats we"re hoping mega is:
    250$ / 95000 pts = 0.0026

what the gossip says:
    210$ / 95000 pts = 0.0022
    300$ / 134000 pts= 0.0022

so the more points i spend (i.e 300$) redemption, the value of my points stays the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by kuraitani View Post
    I think a better way to look at it is:
    95000 pts/$170 = 559 pts/dollar

95000 pts/$250 = 380 pts/dollar

95000 pts/$210 = 452 pts/dollar
    134000 pts/$300 = 447 pts/dollar
    I prefer to do it ottawa's way. This way I also know what I'm earning $wise when I do points promos. So if I earn 10k pts on a 20x wus $50 event, I know that I am getting back $21 in points if I use them toward a bonus redemption. ($200 /95,000 = 0.0021 x 10,000 pts). I only have to remember 0.0021 and multiply by the points I get or have. The first way, I have to remember all the different points values for the different redemption levels But I'll write down the values the way kuraitani mentioned for reference at home - it's interesting to see them that way too

Ottawa your math is correct, although for 170$ / 95,000 pts it's closer to 0.0018 (0.0017894).

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
    ottawa and Cuckoobird like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

So now that that screenshot has been posted I'll just open up my little ongoing list I had and delete a whole bunch of items from it and drastically reduce the quantities of other items.

Should of redeemed in September.
    Doda likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm going threw the flyer now seeing if it would be wise for me to redeem for items on sale currently as opposed to buying them next weekend with "mega" at $210. So far it looks like it would be very smart for me to redeem tomorrow instead.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Maybe the sales won't be so bad this time for the big redemption day. Maybe that's why they needed to reduce the dollar value.

To me, it didn't make much sense to drive away paying customers who might be buying gift items a few weeks before Christmas by not offering great flyer deals the week of mega redemption. Sure, it would reduce the amount of "free" that avid point collectors could redeem for, but it wouldn't drive sales that week.
    renegado and kidsteph like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yay, thanks!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Okay my list is done for THIS weeks current flyer and it seems I would be able to do 2X $170 redemptions for things that are currently on sale that I was planning on buying next week anyways.

I will probably redeem for some things next week too but maybe only one redemption and then I will save the rest of my points.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I collect and redeem them throughout the year
    Same. The baby needs diapers and formula all year, not just in december!
    rachel1496 and Jezebel like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

was the spend your points event in September better than this event?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    was the spend your points event in September better than this event?
    It was 220$ for 95,000 points redeemed, so $10 more!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I'm going threw the flyer now seeing if it would be wise for me to redeem for items on sale currently as opposed to buying them next weekend with "mega" at $210. So far it looks like it would be very smart for me to redeem tomorrow instead.
    I redeemed today, as the Wii, TP, J & J babywash, feminine products, and diapers were all on my list! That was my entire redemption....used some coupons, and only paid about $30 oop, for tax/fees. I'm SO glad I did redeem, because the Wii was such a great price, the discount makes up for the lost $40 extra that I would have gotten next weekend.

I agree that the sales make the biggest difference....I could redeem again this coming weekend, but if the sales are just ok, and not on stuff I need....then I can hold off too. At the $250 level, you could be less picky about the sales. I might just save some points for a week when the sales are good, and the money is tight

Anyways, glad I got my goodies today Still excited about next weeks flyer!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I just got a call from my local SDM (Winnipeg) and they were calling to "let me know about the redeem your points event this weekend - Dec. 1st." I was given all the standard info for points (95k = $210 etc) but was also told this would be the last redeem your points event before Xmas.

Of course, this was just told to me over the phone so it's not like we can be 100% sure it's right. And of course, this totally contradicts the rumor the SDM call center employee told me earlier today!
    hcao likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post
    I just got a call from my local SDM (Winnipeg) and they were calling to "let me know about the redeem your points event this weekend - Dec. 1st." I was given all the standard info for points (95k = $210 etc) but was also told this would be the last redeem your points event before Xmas.

Of course, this was just told to me over the phone so it's not like we can be 100% sure it's right. And of course, this totally contradicts the rumor the SDM call center employee told me earlier today!
    Ummm i HOPE you didn't give them any personal info over the phone...
    It's unusual (dare i say downright odd) that they'd be calling you directly...
    (UNLESS you had requested a call~back) Hope everything is on the up & up w/that...

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post

Do they normally call you before bonus redemptions?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not really, my local store call all the time to tell me about promos, I had a voicemail on Friday reminding me about the supersale
    Depends on the store, before I moved I used to get cards but rarely calls
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information