User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I feel the clueless s/o pain, lol. I told my boyfriend I WOULD LIKE A SET OF NICE SHEETS FOR CHRISTMAS and made him repeat it back to me. I've said it like 50 times, and made sure he's hearing me. Today I was commenting about how I'm almost done shopping for him and he goes "Well now I still have to figure out what the hell I'm going to get you".

SERIOUS? I usually just give him a list of stuff I want. He gives me no list, and somehow I shop like the wind. He doesn't do gifts very well, but he tries!

Like the Avon, I asked for a pair of plain jeans from Garage 2 years ago and ended up with some hippie pants that flared to Wisconsin and back with rips all over them because his grandmother (who unfortunately has no eye for style) told him I'd like them. They were too small (Thank you, Christmas baking! For once you've done me well!) so I took them back and picked out a pair I liked. They were so expensive I ended up getting like 4 things for what he paid for those jeans!
    You could try giving him a store catalogue and circle what you'd like along with your size. a girlfriend of mine does this with her husband. not as much of a surprise but at least you get something you'll use.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    which are the best games for Wii Kixxen?
    Really depends what you are looking for. For a family of 3-4, mini game based games are great. It's easy to jump in and out if someone doesn't want to continue playing, it's not a huge time dedication and they make you laugh! Personally even my roommate and I have great fun playing the Raving Rabbid games, also Mario Kart! If you want a little more of a time filler but still mini game based, Mario Party is fantastic! I say MP 8 if your kids are a little older 6+ and MP 9 if they are under 6. Good 2 player games are almost any of the LEGO games and Donkey Kong. If you want games for your kids under 10, Mario based games are always a safe bet, as well as Kirby games(Kirby's anniversary was just released and it's a collection of Kirby games) and if you have teenagers Nintendo was trying to bring more mature games to their line up, maybe something like No More Heroes, which is ridiculous but awesome.
    Last edited by Kixxen; Sat, Nov 10th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

anyone know if theres going to be a bonus redemption before the mega? or after the mega redemption? sadly i wont be in town and trying to see what would be the best way to go about this... might have to hire my mom or MIL to do it for me
    -- Kat --

Started couponing June 1st,2011

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I second mario party 8. I'm 30 my mom is 60. We have so much fun with that game lol. My little cousins (8 and 6) really enjoy it. Lego pirates is a little too scary for the 6 year old. They also like rock band. Teaches music skills

Kids may also like just dance or dance central. Not sure if it would be too difficult for that age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxen View Post
    Really depends what you are looking for. For a family of 3-4, mini game based games are great. It's easy to jump in and out if someone doesn't want to continue playing, it's not a huge time dedication and they make you laugh! Personally even my roommate and I have great fun playing the Raving Rabbid games, also Mario Kart! If you want a little more of a time filler but still mini game based, Mario Party is fantastic! I say MP 8 if your kids are a little older 6+ and MP 9 if they are under 6. Good 2 player games are almost any of the LEGO games and Donkey Kong. If you want games for your kids under 10, Mario based games are always a safe bet, as well as Kirby games(Kirby's anniversary was just released and it's a collection of Kirby games) and if you have teenagers Nintendo was trying to bring more mature games to their line up, maybe something like No More Heroes, which is ridiculous but awesome.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Nov 12th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
    ericaraina and sharkie like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxen View Post
    If you just want something fun to do with the family, definitely get a regular Wii. I work over at a video game magazine and am an avid gamer myself. The Wii is a great deal especially now because of the Wii U release. This means not only is the Wii cheap but the Wii games will start coming down in price if they haven't already. They won't be releasing anymore Wii games but if you don't mind older games, go for a Wii, you'll get tons of great games for cheap!
    Thanks for the advice! I think if I can find one at Mega Redemption I think we will get it. The SDM I usually shop at still has the white bundle with Mario Kart, which my hubby and son would have fun with. Hope it's around Dec. 1!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Never heard of a Diva Cup...just looked it up...what a great idea. Think this might go on my list too.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Was waiting for a thread like this but unfortunately I think it will die for a few weeks.

Now myself, I have been thinking about this for the last 3 weeks atleast!

It will be my first time ever participating as I have only actively started collecting points since Jan/Feb.

I am 22,000 points away from 4X $250 redemptions.

I plan to go up and down each aisle and buy things that we need/would never buy otherwise. I'm looking forward to a Diva Cup, Skin Tag remover (both DH and I want to try) and maybe some other things that if I don't end up liking I never wasted any money on.

Will also be trying to get Halo 3? 4? That will be coming out end of November for DH for christmas.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I have enough for 5X $250 redemptions once my GC points are awarded. I only did 6 transactions as I didn't want to spend more then that.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

You're so welcome! Let me know whatcha get!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for the advice! I think if I can find one at Mega Redemption I think we will get it. The SDM I usually shop at still has the white bundle with Mario Kart, which my hubby and son would have fun with. Hope it's around Dec. 1!
    Mario Kart is by far my son's favourite game for the Wii. If you have a race car fan in the family they should love it.

I'm adding J&J No More Tangles spray to the list, my daughter has developed a habit of hair twirling while she falls asleep at the knots she ends up with are horrible. The little orange bottle has become known as "magic spray" here. Hopefully my call in coupons get here before Dec 1st.
    Last edited by rachel1496; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I'm not sure if this was the thread but someone wanted to know dollar value on different redemption days, or if this will even help.

I found this on facebook

(Based on 95,000 points redemption)

Regular points redemption will get you $1.00 for 558 points redeemed
    Bonus points redemption will get you $1.00 for 475 points redeemed
    Mega bonus points redemption will get you $1.00 for 380 points redeemed
    rish, peachies, Allis154 and 2 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This will be my first year doing a redemption, i just found out about these in the summer, i have enough for the 95,000 and almost enough for a 50,000. I am very excited and can not believe i didn't knwo about this sooner. I plan on buying a game for hubby, one for my BIL and possibly a game or a second controller for ps3 for my nephews. And then stocking up on none perishables, but we shall see as games etc may not be at my local store and or available.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rigatti View Post
    Never heard of a Diva Cup...just looked it up...what a great idea. Think this might go on my list too.
    I can't find them downtown.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So I can't find videogames and the purse I want at the same location. Can I buy a game at a different location, then return it the same day to the location I will be redeemig at? Once it is refunded I would put it in my redemption transaction.
    The store that doesn't carry it would only have it in their system for about 2 mins until they process my redemption transaction. Has anyone done this? Is returning items at stores that don't carry them allowed? Even if only for a few mins?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rachel1496 View Post
    Mario Kart is by far my son's favourite game for the Wii. If you have a race car fan in the family they should love it.

I'm adding J&J No More Tangles spray to the list, my daughter has developed a habit of hair twirling while she falls asleep at the knots she ends up with are horrible. The little orange bottle has become known as "magic spray" here. Hopefully my call in coupons get here before Dec 1st.

YES! MUST add that spray to my list too! My 3-year-old has hair down to her bum, but is quite the crazy tomgirl, and it gets so tangled & messy! I have debated cutting it so many times, but it is quite beautiful, and she does like it. I always use the green bottle J & J baby shampoo on her, and it helps alot too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    You could try giving him a store catalogue and circle what you'd like along with your size. a girlfriend of mine does this with her husband. not as much of a surprise but at least you get something you'll use.
    I am so lucky to have a husband that is a props buyer for a living....always gets me perfect gifts. One of my favs was when he photographed my whole makeup bag and took note of all the shade names brought it to Mac cosmetics and had them fill in things I needed or complimented what I already had!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information