User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Got the xbox w/kinect at the $220 redemption because I didn't want to have to fight the masses to get one. I will doing 2 x $250 (maybe more depends how many points between now and then). Going to get my son a nice electric razor, games for xbox and wii, not sur what else.

I don't buy cosmetics or perfumes although I may get a kiddie set for DD. Also bubble bath for her, maybe a toy if they have something interesting.
    anisa and carlyincanada like this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Only things I know we'll be getting for sure are Oral-B replacement brush heads and some make up. My poor pencil liner has seen better days but I'm holding out for a free replacement May get some Burt's Bees products for myself and for gifts depending on what they have.
    Probably going to be like last year for us, having a planned <$100 worth of stuff and just wander the aisles to spend the rest.
    Last edited by xXtiggerXx; Wed, Oct 10th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
    PammieD and PurpleBunny89 like this.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does shoppers still do 20x's the points, or is that gone now?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They still have the 20x events.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Anyone ever bought a camera at SDM and, if so, what do you recommend?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Burt's Bees!!! Great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by xXtiggerXx View Post
    Only things I know we'll be getting for sure are Oral-B replacement brush heads and some make up. My poor pencil liner has seen better days but I'm holding out for a free replacement May get some Burt's Bees products for myself and for gifts depending on what they have.
    Probably going to be like last year for us, having a planned <$100 worth of stuff and just wander the aisles to spend the rest.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

im just curious. isnt insulin covered by insurance? and you can collect points on that?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Anyone ever bought a camera at SDM and, if so, what do you recommend?
    Most people either go with Canon or Nikon. I have always had Canon cameras (I have a Panasonic that I won, as well) and have been happy with them.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Most people either go with Canon or Nikon. I have always had Canon cameras (I have a Panasonic that I won, as well) and have been happy with them.
    I bought a Fuji camera about $100 at SDM and my brother in law saw me using it at my nephew's wedding; after I email him the family pictures he sent me a brand new Sony camera. I told him I don't need a second camera he told me because I had crappy camera. He's right the pictures are either too dark or too bright.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I bought a Fuji camera about $100 at SDM and my brother in law saw me using it at my nephew's wedding; after I email him the family pictures he sent me a brand new Sony camera. I told him I don't need a second camera he told me because I had crappy camera. He's right the pictures are either too dark or too bright.
    Do you have the manual? Best thing you can do is switch to shooting in Manual mode where you control the ISO, exposure etc. I don't shoot in automatic mode at all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yes I still have the manual, but I use auto focus mostly / switching between modes such as portrait, panorama, day, night ect. I think at this day and age it should be point and shoot. I think it's just cheaply made by a reputable brand. SDM doesn't sell high end camera.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Yes I still have the manual, but I use auto focus mostly / switching between modes such as portrait, panorama, day, night ect. I think at this day and age it should be point and shoot. I think it's just cheaply made by a reputable brand. SDM doesn't sell high end camera.
    Shooting in manual mode gives you much more control and better shots. I don't use any of those other settings, just manual. But it's not just the camera, point and shoots don't have quality lenses so you'll never get as good a shot as with a DSLR with a good (expensive) lens. It's just a matter of knowing what you want. I prefer outdoor shots, mostly birds in flight, and am saving up for a better lens. I've upgraded twice but it is pretty expensive.
    Decaf likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

@ Miss Molly: I will try using it under manual mode next time to see if there's any improvement. Thanks!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    wow enuff to do 15 transactions. You must spend a ton of money throughout the year to get those point values (LOL i forgot, you spend a lot on insulin, sorry edited after I posted) Myself, we are just lucky enough to do 1 transaction for $250, hope to get lots of food products, so we can spend our normal grocery budget on Christmas gifts, as money is tight.
    Yes I buy lots of insulin and test strips as well as insulin pump supplies - that alone $7200 gets me 1.5 milion points, which is a great benefit (the only one) to having this disease. I remember those tight money days...hopefully they will pass!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    im just curious. isnt insulin covered by insurance? and you can collect points on that?
    I buy OTC and submit the receipt and prescription to my benefit provider. So I get fully refunded and get the points.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information