User Tag List

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: What are you going to buy for mega redemption?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Wii U is best. The whole family can play together and most games are all ages. It plays Wii games and Wii U games.

If you want to save and just get a Wii, wait till after the Wii U comes out and buy a used one for cheap as many people will be upgrading.

I think SDM will have wii u's by dec 1st, but of course no way to know for sure.

Video games are amazing value. You get hours and hours of entertainment and a whole new experience with each game. There is no better value item imo. They also help kids learn problem solving skills, social skills, hand-eye coordination, multitasking, and quick thinking.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmama View Post
    Which gaming system (that SDM carries) would be the best?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'm already hesitant about 'spending' the money/points on Wii, as we really need to stock up on groceries and baby supplies. We were thinking to get the Wii for a family gift, then 1 other present each for the kids + whatever stocking stuffers I can find at SDM (so glad they are still excited about princess band-aids, and Cars bubble bath!) They had the pink Lego box last year as well, I would LOVE to find that for my daughter's gift!
    Im going to disagree with the previous posts.
    I think you would be better with just the wii.
    wii U is going to cost either $299 or $349 depending on which version.
    Last year SDM had the wii for $109 at Mega.

It sounds like your family would benfit from you spending the points on other items then having to spend $$$ oop to get the new system. $50 over the points + enviromental fee + $45 tax.

You can play games on the wii as an entire family. 4 people playing Mario kart is lots of fun.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for all your advice & input!! Much to think about. We'll have to visit Future Shop after the Wii U is out, to see if it really is what we want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by sarajk View Post
    Im going to disagree with the previous posts.
    I think you would be better with just the wii.
    wii U is going to cost either $299 or $349 depending on which version.
    Last year SDM had the wii for $109 at Mega.

It sounds like your family would benfit from you spending the points on other items then having to spend $$$ oop to get the new system. $50 over the points + enviromental fee + $45 tax.

You can play games on the wii as an entire family. 4 people playing Mario kart is lots of fun.
    I'm kind of thinking along these lines too...we are NOT big technology people, just want something fun to do as a family. It makes sense to buy the 'newest' version of whatever is out there, but I don't think I would use most of the options that are on the Wii U. We don't even have Satelite TV, so using the Tivo, or any of that is useless to us.

I HOPE that the Wii is a good price at MEGA this year, I would be much more comfortable with the $109 vs. the $149 regular price! I do have the points to do 2 of the top level Mega redemptions, so I have one for essentials and stocking up (baby #3 due Jan. 8!)

Wow....so many things to think about, and I still have another month.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

I haven't really thought about it yet just got enough for 1 max redemption. Planning on using it for gifts again this year. If I get enough for a 2nd I am definitely getting myself a new camera.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are thinking about using some points to get a Wii, well, my husband is anyways I'm not totally convinced...is it worth it? If we do get it, I'll probably get a game or two ( I think the SDM one comes with Mario cart?)
    Last year on Boxing Day I bought the Wii from Shoppers for $119. I didn't have to pay any environmental fees, just tax. It was also the one that came with the Super Mario Brothers game (I grew up on Super Mario 3 on NDS and I've missed the old style Mario games). It comes with 1 remote and nun-chuck. The Mario game itself is really just a sit down game, not an action game.

I was able to find a cheap Energizer remote charger that does 2 remotes at Walmart (I think it was around $20). And I bought a bunch of used Raving Rabbids games (I would highly recommend these games - very weird but super fun and active) at EB Games for less than $10 each.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Honestly, if your kids are young & you guys just want something to play as a family etc, don't bother spending the extra $/pts on wii u. The kids won't know the difference, and there are so many fun games you can get for kids. My friend lives on a farm and it can be hard to get the kids out in the winter. They play these games like crazy & are drenched in sweat by the end of a session from all of the jumping around they do. Great value and the kids wouldn't know the difference between that & the 'latest & greatest'...now if my dh would be as easy to please!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I've been jotting down a list over the last few weeks as I think of things. It's important to be wise with the 'free' money and I am not wise when I leave things to spur of the moment.
    I should have enough for 2 redemptions for sure and possibly 3 depending on the promos between now and then

Here are some thoughts so far, nothing concrete, it will become a finalized list after the flyer for that week and based on my coupons (i will try to use up Dec 31/12 expires to bring some of the Shoppers prices down to a more reasonable level).

Razors
    Qtips
    Fem products
    Electric toothbrushes (kids)
    Tums
    Body soap
    Children's Advil/Tylenol
    Multi vitamins
    Robax
    Nail polish
    Kiddie make up
    Stocking stuffers (magazines, chocolate, ect)

Ketchup
    Kd
    Waffles
    Gum

Trying to think of stuff I buy throughout the year (mostly non food) that would be nice to have a small stock pile of so I don't have to buy it from my cheque for a while!
    vala and Anna Michele like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Can you buy gift cards with points? Always wondered that.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same question, can I buy gift cards with points?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Can you buy gift cards with points? Always wondered that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy2009 View Post
    I have the same question, can I buy gift cards with points?
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127130-...-faq-q-canada/
    anisa, sarajk, vala and 1 others like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My DD wants the new Justin Bieber perfume set. I am going to get my DS a Wii controller chuck thing lol. I only have 125.00 for redemption but I am happy with that. Believe it or not it took me the whole year to get that LOL. My goal was to get at least 250.00, oh well. Anyways those 2 gifts right there will cost just about 125.00, so I will get whatever I can with the difference.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    I have the original Sony ereader...and it more then paid for itself the first month with FREE library books! In BC it was, at the time ,the only one that could take the EPUB files from our Library to Go. Before you buy one ask at your local library or look online at which formats they support then buy your ereader based on that.

A friend of mine got a Kindle at Xmas and never uses it because she has to buy all her books....boooo!!

It's a GREAT purchase (I got one for my mom too and we share the few books we buy by using the same Kobo account).

J
    i actually love kindle, tons of free books, really good ones! i find kobo's and sony's selection pretty dismal. amazon has tons of stuff. i never pay for books and can download a dozen or so books a week for free that are all rated at least 4.8/5 stars (with many ppl rating, not one nutbag who gave the book 5 stars lol)
    gracesmommy, vala and lilo0003 like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

thank you for the constant reminders. so many ppl ask the basic Q's that are totally already answered.
    Insane and carlyincanada like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Has anyone ever bought the 22-inch Lloyd TV with the built in DVD player that they sometimes carry? Just wondering how good it is. I'm hoping to get one of these, assuming that they have it in stock.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thank you very much Insane.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information