User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: I need your help! I'm in charge of 'goody bags' for a Fund Raiser for out Fire Dept.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

check if your walmart has those schick hydro kits. they are 4.00 (comes with a can of sahve gel, a razor and a refill razor) and you can get printable (unlimited) coupons off here. good luck! i got 16 of them from my walmart (ottawa)
    hogama likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

check if your walmart has those schick hydro kits. they are 4.00 (comes with a can of sahve gel, a razor and a refill razor) and you can get 4.00 off printable (unlimited) coupons off here. makes them free! good luck! i got 16 of them from my walmart (ottawa).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Hi Hogama........ such a lovely way to give back to your community. Good for you!

How many bags do you make?

Good luck
    hogama likes this.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMYS View Post
    I saw a cool idea on line. Not free but very inexpensive. They took those cups that you make Jello Shooters in ...but instead of shooters they baked a little cupcake. The ones I saw were chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Would be super cheap and you could sell them. Make the flavors exotic or sinful. And they are so small they are practically guilt free!
    Cool idea... one of the other Auxiliary members had an idea with chocolate/coffee pudding in a coffee cup.... as we will be having hors d'ouvres & sweets too! Thanks for your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceren View Post
    I haven't bought any or looked at the price at walmart yet, but I read it in here that trial size colgate optic white is $1, and there are numerous coupons out there that are $1, so makes them free. I have a couple of these coupons that I can mail it to you if you want to get them.
    oh also, tena $5 coupons, tena small packs are $4.99 at walmart, you can get them for free.
    I don't know if i could find enough (50!) of the Colgate coupons. I never seem to have any luck with printables.... but I do love the idea! Dentist office always have good, high value toothpaste coupons with a long expiry date. Thanks for your idea!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyRobertson View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Hogama...I'm on the "curling committee" for my local Seniors Center. We're doing 64 gift bags for all the players playing in the Curling games. I donated 64 of each of the following- Optic white toothpaste trial size, charmin toilet seat covers, trial size rolls of charmin basic, nivea chapstick, zantac, and nexxus shampoo/conditioner, single bars of Olay bar soap, and packs of stride gum I got when SDM had their 8,000 BP WUB4 promo. I've also contacted a couple local dentists about getting toothbrushes and Sobeys, Metro, 3 SDM's, 2 RCSS's, and some local restaurants like Boston Pizza about donating GC's or products. Very good luck to you..its A LOT of work but its awesome in the end.

Good luck to you as well, Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by weasy71 View Post
    Just an idea...instead of having bags with stuff for everyone, why not try to make it really exclusive? if you can find stores that can give you an item for a silent auction or maybe donate an item and it would be part of a grand prize extravaganza of some sort...for example...if you found a spa that would donate a spa treatment...and maybe a nail place that would donate a manicure or pedi...a lingerie store that donated a gc...I think you get the idea...since its a fundraiser, sell tickets and raffle it off....of course, if you happened to get in on the SDM chocolate frenzy, you may have enough to put into bags also...
    Thanks for your idea! We plan on having a silent auction and other various door prizes and 'quick' prizes (for winning games or a 'purse treasure hunt', etc) And they love these goody bags!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Sounds like it may just be past Halloween so how about some chocolates when they do the clearances?

Zantac trial size if you have the coupons and as the previous previous person said use the overage for something else.

My WM does not have the trial/travel size colgate optic (sigh).

I like the silent auction idea potentially could raise some funds and it's competitive, maybe speak with your SDM about a free make-up makeover donations (free facial) or something along that line as an auction item up for bid.

Also any local hairdresser willing to donate a free wash and cut would be amazing!

Ask another pharmacy/cosmetic counter for samples of perfumes or skincare products?

Sounds like fun and alot of dedicating, great of you giving back to your community!

How about homemade soaps?

Good luck!
    Thanks.... it's funny you mention homemade soaps... I used to make soap up until 2 or 3 years ago... lol

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    great idea!! something similar that we did for company xmas party one year....we put jelly beans in a shooter glass that we had etched/frosted with company logo and date as a memento and filled it with jelly beans, wrapped colourful netting from the dollar store around it tied with a bow.
    Love this idea!! Who doesn't love jelly beans!! LOL Thanks for your idea

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Not sure if your event is taking place before Dec 1(SDM Mega Redemption)or if you are an Optimum member but I am sure you can find lots of little goodies there. I really like their selection of Balea hair treatments, masks, etc. They're 3/$5.

At Walmart I saw some funky pocket tissue packs. some had animal prints and different things. Most women like tissues for their purse! Just a few suggestions!
    I was thinking that I could always do a redemption....and I just might.... if I can't find enough things in time. ...and use the right coupons at the same time to get more bang for my buck!! LOL Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by florists26 View Post
    For the last two years I have done the same.Ideas :My dentist who I have been going to since I was a teenager donated toothbrush and toothpaste;cancer breast give info pkgs;cookbooks from canole growers association gluton free assoc and one other place I can't remember.They aren't large but very nice.I too collected coupons and purchased samples,soap,etc but it is hard to get enough.Starbucks provided samples of coffee,tea etc as our local recreation director had coffee cups that are to be used to promote out town .So I grouped them together a little cellophane and a nice ribbon for presentation (Used them as free draws)Tim Hortons or other specialty coffee/tea could be used.Condoms from our local public health nurse...we did get some laughs on this one just because our age of ladies ranged from 18 to 65!!We have booked our 3rd ladies night for next April 13th,2013.Ive already started collecting items ....in fact superstore had there end of summer clearance I was able to get bbq tools,hot mitts,candles,for like .25 !!I coudn't believe it.The lady working in the area helped me gather up items once I told her what I was doing .All money we raise goes towards our chiller replacement fund in our rink!I was even able to get 3 outdoor fire ring/pits for $5.00!!Regular 40.00.The lady at the store had another staff member sit on the 3 of them till I could get a cart and get my vechile to load everything.Check out clearance section after Halloween choco....freeze them and then if someone is creative make choco bouquets.
    If I think or some of the other ideas our committee came up with last yr I will let you know.As well keep me up to date with any new ideas your committee comes up with .
    I was hoping you'd pop in on this thread, coupon queen...oops, I mean florists!! haha Loving the chocolat bouquet idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    How about a Holiday Survival Kit. This one calls for jars with jar toppers, but you could do them in bags with a festive bag topper (made from folded card stock that says "The Diva's Holiday Survival Kit"

Holidays Kit

1. A stick of gum to remind you to stick to it.

2. A candle to remind you to shine brightly.

3. A chocolate kiss to remind you that you are loved.

4. A match to light your fire when you feel burned out.

5. A Tootsie Roll to remind you not to bite off more than you can chew.

6. A pin to remind you to stay sharp.

7. A Smartie to help you on those days you don't feel so smart.

8. A Starburst to give you a burst of energy on days you don't have any.

9. A Snickers to remind you to take time to laugh.

10. Confetti to remind you to have fun.

11. A bandage to fix things that just will not work.

12. A bag to help you keep it all together and give you food for thought.

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.
    This is a sweet idea... thank you for typing it all out for me! I will have to watch the Halloween candy clearance sales for a lot of these items... Great idea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower3313 View Post
    Hi Hogama........ such a lovely way to give back to your community. Good for you!

How many bags do you make?

Good luck

We make 50 goody bags for the first 50 Divas to pay admission. I would love to make enough for all the Diva's...but we decided to go with 50. Thank you for your compliment!! Good to see you pop in my thread! This is a cause that's very important to me... and it's a fun evening for the ladies in my community. We (the FD Auxiliary) like to give back... rather than have our hands out for at least one of our fund raisers! haha
    ColleenMGorecki likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Also got to thinking maybe you could make the cookie in a jar(you know the ones that are layered ingredients to make cookies)...
    hogama likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Smart source coupon for $2 off Hershey Drops which is 1.97 this week at RCSS
    sweetmomma and hogama like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hit up all your local SDMs and ask the cosmeticians for samples. Reps are always leaving samples to give to customers. I'm sure they have a back room cluttered with stuff they could give you.
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

How about getting local business to pay a minimal fee to have an advertisement in your goody bags, it would promote their businesses + give you some extra funds to purchase the goodies for the bags. You don't have to break the bank but I'm sure local garages, hair salons, etc would love to be included.

Just a thought!
    hogama likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hannahtjmom View Post
    Smart source coupon for $2 off Hershey Drops which is 1.97 this week at RCSS
    I was wondering about this... if the price ever drops this low. Now to find 50 Smart Source coupon flyers!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post
    I was wondering about this... if the price ever drops this low. Now to find 50 Smart Source coupon flyers!!!

I too would love to find just 25 !!Good luck on your search.
    hogama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l can send you some of the hershey drop coupons and l can also donate 5,000 SDM points to your cause

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by florists26 View Post
    I too would love to find just 25 !!Good luck on your search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    l can send you some of the hershey drop coupons and l can also donate 5,000 SDM points to your cause
    I went to Superstore yesterday with my 2 lonely Hershey Drops coupons... and they were on 2/$7. So, I did get 2 with my coupons. I can add them to a mug with a $5. Tim Card for a quick prize. Anyway, then I went over to Wal Mart, and their normal price is $2.98 (which is better... but not free!), and they had a better selection.

I also asked a local print shop if they would cut the shopping lists/scratch pads that I made. They added the backing board, glued them and cut them into the cutest shopping lists! Something every 'Diva' needs!! haha

Then I stopped at SDM, and she gave me 50 Givanchy perfume samples.

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    Colleen -- I am soooo touched that you would offer me that many SDM points. omigosh.. you're amazing, girl!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow what a cute idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    How about a Holiday Survival Kit. This one calls for jars with jar toppers, but you could do them in bags with a festive bag topper (made from folded card stock that says "The Diva's Holiday Survival Kit"

Holidays Kit

1. A stick of gum to remind you to stick to it.

2. A candle to remind you to shine brightly.

3. A chocolate kiss to remind you that you are loved.

4. A match to light your fire when you feel burned out.

5. A Tootsie Roll to remind you not to bite off more than you can chew.

6. A pin to remind you to stay sharp.

7. A Smartie to help you on those days you don't feel so smart.

8. A Starburst to give you a burst of energy on days you don't have any.

9. A Snickers to remind you to take time to laugh.

10. Confetti to remind you to have fun.

11. A bandage to fix things that just will not work.

12. A bag to help you keep it all together and give you food for thought.

These fun kits are made simply by adding all of the "ingredients", printing the list of items and their meaning and putting it all in a jar with a nice decorative jar topper. These are inexpensive kits, especially if you can recycle the jar from your kitchen (keep your eye open for nice jelly and relish jars at the store.
    hogama likes this.

Trading Score
    196 (100%)

The bags are done!! We are ready to host our 'Diva Night' on November 17th....
    The goody bags rock again this year! Hopefully I'll remember to take a pix sometime before then.
    Included in the bags are: Nestea Zero iced tea, Nestea green tea iced tea, bottle of water, hand sanitizer, Vitamin D tablets, knitted dish cloth, hair clip, pocket Kleenex, pens, shopping lists, scratch pads, pocket calendar for 2013, Tea, bubble bath, nail polish remover pads, various samples from mail outs and P&G, perfume sample, make up remover, sample of antacid, Werther's Original... and I'm sure there is a lot more that I'm missing.... all in a reusable canvas shopping bag. Thank you ALL for your help & suggestions. You guys are the best!!
    Abby1 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information