User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: "Don't Waste My Time"

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Alright, so today I went to Walmart with some coupons I wanted to use. Two were Source Yogurt and were completely different coupons as well as PM, a coupon for baby food, and baby cookies.

So, after taking the products I needed I went to pay for them. First the cashier scanned my yogurt, and after looking at the coupons refused to allow me to use them. Why you might ask? Well, she said that "You have to buy this yogurt" and pointed at the picture on the coupon. Although, if she had read it she would have seen that it said it was a coupon for a 650g tub.

Then she also refused to take the coupons I had for some baby cookies. She said that I was not allowed to use two of them because it said on the coupon "limit one per purchase". She thought that meant for the whole transaction. After trying to explain what a purchase actually was, I got enough of her arguing and debating and asked for the manager to be called. She had continued to argue, and told me "Just buy one product with your coupon because you cannot use the second one, so don't waste my time." She was beginning to become very rude, and was getting angry and impatient with me. While waiting for the manager she started to check out the baby food I bought, which I was going to use a coupon on as well. She took a look at it, and asked me what the date was today, so I told her today's date. She then proceeded to show the me coupon and told me that it was expired. Obviously she can't read the date, it said that it expires on the 11/10/12, and she read the date as if we where in the U.S (the 11th of October in this case). After the manager arrived, she showed him my coupons, and asked him if I was allowed to use them. He explained to her that a purchase is and what a transaction is, he also explained that the date was to be read in the Canadian way and that the coupon wasn't expired. She was pretty much as red as a tomato when he finished.

She then began to check out my purchases, until she once more got to the baby food. She told me that I couldn't purchase them because the picture showed the glass jar beside the words buy eight, and a plastic tub underneath. She thought that meant I had to buy eight glass jars to get a plastic tub free. She didn't read that it said "On any size of Heinz Baby Food Glass Jars and/or Plastic Tubs". I instantly pointed it out, and she muttered "oh whatever" and began to THROW my GLASS baby food jars and plastic baby food tubs into the bag! She even threw the bag onto the counter! After printing the receipt for me, she handed it to me, and while gritting her teeth and avoiding eye contact muttered a "thank you".

Needless to say, that was the worst service I ever experienced.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Wow. Some people should not be working with the public.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

yikes!
    Im sorry you got treated that way,
    if it was me, I would have marched right over to CS and told them what happened. Only way the cashier will get reprimanded..
    where I work they take complaints VERY seriously.
    macw1960, DaveP and wolfwoman like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same issues with the Walmart in my town, when couponing and price matching. It's as if i am wasting their time. Grrr ! very frustrating. The cashier even called the supervisor over and the supervisor huffed and puffed and closed the line cause apparently i was holding the line up. I received over a hundred dollars worth of stuff for 48 dollars and change. I did use a few coupons and priced matched with a few stores but it wasn't that big of a deal and i was very patient and clear about what had a coupon and what was being price matched. It happens almost everytime i go to Walmart, It is their policies to offer these services and they are reimbursed for all the coupons so i am confused at what the problem is.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

some ppl should just live the hermit lives they were destined for, sheesh

she obviously has some problem with ppl in general
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Not to take from the original post but I thought the reading of dates in the States was
    Month/day/year and in England was Day/month/year.
    macw1960 likes this.

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have the same issues with the Walmart in my town, when couponing and price matching. It's as if i am wasting their time. Grrr ! very frustrating. The cashier even called the supervisor over and the supervisor huffed and puffed and closed the line cause apparently i was holding the line up. I received over a hundred dollars worth of stuff for 48 dollars and change. I did use a few coupons and priced matched with a few stores but it wasn't that big of a deal and i was very patient and clear about what had a coupon and what was being price matched. It happens almost everytime i go to Walmart, It is their policies to offer these services and they are reimbursed for all the coupons so i am confused at what the problem is.
    I have same issues too with walmart near me but in result now its discouraging me to use coupons.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Maybe she just wasn't trained properly with regards to coupons however, that does not excuse her behaviour and attitude towards you. I'm glad that you were able to use your coupons in the end, but, I would have gone to customer service right away and returned the baby food jars - better to be safe.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow, sorry to hear that the cashier you had has a total dolt and that you were treated so poorly!

Don't let her get away with it.
    Head over to Walmart.ca, find the location and send them an e-mail about what happened from beginning to end.
    99% of the time, the manager will call you back to apologize and will have a talk with the cashier in person to fix things.

Which Walmart location was this? I see that you're in Ontario, I am too!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

had a very similar problem some months back with my walmart, i emailed them in details and the manager called me after 1 week, i gave the name of the cashier and supervisor to the manager, the manager who called me was super nice, and she told me that if i have any problem with any supervisor or cashier , all i have to do is to tell them i want to speak with Lida(managers name) , i am super happy with my walmart now
    janetta and macw1960 like this.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethjohn2005 View Post
    had a very similar problem some months back with my walmart, i emailed them in details and the manager called me after 1 week, i gave the name of the cashier and supervisor to the manager, the manager who called me was super nice, and she told me that if i have any problem with any supervisor or cashier , all i have to do is to tell them i want to speak with Lida(managers name) , i am super happy with my walmart now
    Exactly what I did! Er..I mean have done...more than once. WAY more than once.
    I am totally loving my Walmart now.
    Ilike to think that I contributed to having everybody "well trained" when it comes to coupons, pricematching, using competitor's coupons and SCOP. lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that the cashier you had has a total dolt and that you were treated so poorly!

Don't let her get away with it.
    Head over to Walmart.ca, find the location and send them an e-mail about what happened from beginning to end.
    99% of the time, the manager will call you back to apologize and will have a talk with the cashier in person to fix things.

Which Walmart location was this? I see that you're in Ontario, I am too!
    It is Markville mall,Markham.Problem is I did not see her before,I do not know her and did not check her name tag.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newtosave View Post
    It is Markville mall,Markham.Problem is I did not see her before,I do not know her and did not check her name tag.
    Oi, the Markville location is known (imo) to have poor customer service and is bad at taking coupons etc.
    If you still have your receipt from that day, there should be a till or ID number on it somewhere.
    Just tell them the date, ID/till number and the time you were there and they will be able to figure it out!
    I had a bad experience there once too and haven't returned since. I highly recommend you send that email!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Definitely complain. There is no reason she had to be such a jerk about ANY of that.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow...some free rudness there (this cashier)Definatelly complaint or she will repeat her bad behavior with others couponners.I would respond to her:: read the coupon correctly::
    In my begginning of couponning i never argued...buy now I do when something is not okaie....its a right..and cashiers need to understand that coupons will be used and forever now...
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information