User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: SDM Promo Saturday Oct 20: 20x points wus $50!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4teenagers View Post
    if i can accumulate 31000 points before mega-redemption day then i will have enough for 2 x $250 redemptions. i hope someone is better at math than me cuz i am trying to figure out if i will get this many points on the 20x day with one $50 transaction or do i need to do 2 ?
    also, if we use FPC's on the 20x day does that jive with bringing up our total to $50 or does it just register as $0 towards the $50 total ?
    i hope this makes sense cuz i am so confused.

i found myself talking about the mega-redemption at the dinner table tonight and finally realized everyone was tuning me out. DH reached over and patted my hand and said" we know you're excited that you've done a great job and we love you for it, but enough with the points.(big sigh) so why dont we just enjoy our dinner now." okay. point taken.
    Someone can double check my math here (baby brain = not so smrt Pammie), but I believe to get the 31000 points on Saturday, you would have to have $155 in merchandise. Doesn't matter if it's in one or more than 1 transaction on the 20x days, so long as you hit the $50 threshold (so you may as well just do 1 transaction unless you're planning on splitting it up for another reason). Here's how I got the math:

31000 points needed /20 (the bonus multiplier) = 1550 regular points = $155 in product

I dunno about the FPC's...I don't think they count towards the $50 (because they're entered as a 2002 coupon instead of a dollars off coupon of 2001...I screwed myself out of the 18,500 points last weekend because I used a BOGO coupon and missed the cut off by something stupid like $2. I was so angry at myself (the 'free' item was only worth $2.99 anyway! Ahhh!).

Can anyone confirm all this?

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4teenagers View Post
    if i can accumulate 31000 points before mega-redemption day then i will have enough for 2 x $250 redemptions. i hope someone is better at math than me cuz i am trying to figure out if i will get this many points on the 20x day with one $50 transaction or do i need to do 2 ?
    also, if we use FPC's on the 20x day does that jive with bringing up our total to $50 or does it just register as $0 towards the $50 total ?
    i hope this makes sense cuz i am so confused.

i found myself talking about the mega-redemption at the dinner table tonight and finally realized everyone was tuning me out. DH reached over and patted my hand and said" we know you're excited that you've done a great job and we love you for it, but enough with the points.(big sigh) so why dont we just enjoy our dinner now." okay. point taken.
    Ha...You are not alone on this...lol..)even in my home i love to talk about the mega redemption,kids tired of mummy going to sdm again n again.
    glenglen, barato and Tabby40 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

same here too
    Quote Originally Posted by filza View Post
    Ha...You are not alone on this...lol..)even in my home i love to talk about the mega redemption,kids tired of mummy going to sdm again n again.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

You are correct Pammie. FPC's DO NOT count towards the $50 you would need for 20x. You don't get any points on FPC's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Someone can double check my math here (baby brain = not so smrt Pammie), but I believe to get the 31000 points on Saturday, you would have to have $155 in merchandise. Doesn't matter if it's in one or more than 1 transaction on the 20x days, so long as you hit the $50 threshold (so you may as well just do 1 transaction unless you're planning on splitting it up for another reason). Here's how I got the math:

31000 points needed /20 (the bonus multiplier) = 1550 regular points = $155 in product

I dunno about the FPC's...I don't think they count towards the $50 (because they're entered as a 2002 coupon instead of a dollars off coupon of 2001...I screwed myself out of the 18,500 points last weekend because I used a BOGO coupon and missed the cut off by something stupid like $2. I was so angry at myself (the 'free' item was only worth $2.99 anyway! Ahhh!).

Can anyone confirm all this?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I signed up for SDM emails. Today I received a printable coupon for 20x the points if you spend $50 for use on Wednesday October 17th.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Thanks Silk!

I have 2x $10 SDM GCs from the double double promotion. Can I use them on a 20x event and still get points? Say I purchase $50 grocery then use those cards to pay so my OOP will be $30.
    once i had used the $10 shoppers drug mart promotional gift card on 20x points to bring my oop down and yes i did get 20x points my totoal before tax was 51 i used 10 shoppers drug mart promotional gift card and i used $10 coupons my subtotal was 31 and with taxes 35 and i got 20x points....so you will also get 20x points as i know.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    Thanks Silk!

I have 2x $10 SDM GCs from the double double promotion. Can I use them on a 20x event and still get points? Say I purchase $50 grocery then use those cards to pay so my OOP will be $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    once i had used the $10 shoppers drug mart promotional gift card on 20x points to bring my oop down and yes i did get 20x points my totoal before tax was 51 i used 10 shoppers drug mart promotional gift card and i used $10 coupons my subtotal was 31 and with taxes 35 and i got 20x points....so you will also get 20x points as i know.
    At one point those $10 promo cards starting ring up as if they were cash. A head cashier tested it for me a couple of months ago and said there was no problem using it as part of a points event, which is what I did But not all the employees seem to know this -- a manager, cashier, and cosmetician at the same store had previously told me no on a couple of occasions.

Don't know if this may vary store to store

Silk
    Have a great life!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information